FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd share that I just booked our FP for October trip. Enchanted Tales with Belle was a BEAST (hardy har har) to book! It is for day 2 of our trip, but I had to split our group of 7 into 3 groups, and then continue to modify and refresh to keep inching the FP times to what I wanted. I split us into 4 groups for 7DMT, but had no trouble getting overlapping times right when we wanted. Splash is closed during out trip - wonder if it's sending more people over to FP for Enchanted Tales with Belle, which is already limited for capacity?

Glad you were able to eventually get everything.

The real reason for my reply was to thank you for the "hardy har har". Ralph Cramden immediately came to mind. Love that show! I will now have Honeymooners skits replaying in my over and over today. Your post made my good day even better! Thank you!

Asked elsewhere but not answered. In the case of a child too short to ride, do I have to book a FP for him to be able to access the child swap area? We are a party of 8 and DGS #3 will be too short for the 48" rides. Do I book 7 FP or 8?

Ok another 2 ressie? My DU TA said if I cancel my first after booking FP, she will have to call IT to be sure they stay attached to my second. This thread seems to disagree with that. BUT I have tickets attached to both, 3 days each. I will only be making 3 days worth of FP. When I cancel #1 and it's tickets go away, will the system keep the FP attached to the remaining tickets? Or does she really have to call IT?

FP is not necessary for child swap. I'll let the child swap experts chime in for best strategies for using it.

As for your second question (which I'm not sure I understand), I don't see why FPs associated with your second stay would be impacted by canceling your first. Is this a back-to-back split-stay situation or are there days between the two?

FP is not necessary for child swap. I'll let the child swap experts chime in for best strategies for using it.

As for your second question (which I'm not sure I understand), I don't see why FPs associated with your second stay would be impacted by canceling your first. Is this a back-to-back split-stay situation or are there days between the two?

We currently have 2 reservations. The first is a package with 3 day tickets 11/11 - 11/18. The second reservation is a Free DDP package with 3 day park hoppers 11/14-11/18. I was holding onto the first reservation in anticipation of RO/AP Discounts to cover 11/11-11/14. Based on the first reservation, my FP window opens 9/12 and I will make FP for 11/15-11/17, our 3 park days. BUT I am going to cancel that first reservation after the FP window opens as we decided to stay at Universal for the first 3 days. The first ressie basically giving me a couple days jump on FPs. Given that, even though I cancel the first with its associated tickets, I will still have 3 day tickets to cover the FP I will make, do I have to jump through any hoops with IT as suggested by my Dreams Unlimited TA? Any chance they will be cancelled?

IT as suggested by my Dreams Unlimited TA?
No, because that TA is incorrect.

As has been stated many times by @mesaboy2 and a Mod, onsite reservations open the FP booking window; tickets allow your FPs to remain intact.

The only analogy I can think of:
You open your unscreened front door and houseflies, at the rate of 3 per person, enter your house.

You decide to close the door. Do the flies disappear? No, they remain intact.

I'm trusting that @mesaboy2 comes up with a more pleasant analogy. ;)

I don't like roller coasters or falling rides, so need advice on how to select FPs. Let's take a day at DHS as an example. I'll want to book FPs for ToT and RnRC for my DW and DS, but should I book one for myself? I'm thinking no. Thinking best bet would be after they first scan at the third FP (say RnRC), while I'm waiting outside I could snag their 4th FP, which might turn out to be maybe only my 2nd FP of the day. Otherwise, I'd have to have them scan my MagicBand or we'd have to wait until that FP window closed to get another.

Am I thinking this through? Other, better options coming to mind for anyone?

No, because that TA is incorrect.

As has been stated many times by @mesaboy2 and a Mod, onsite reservations open the FP booking window; tickets allow your FPs to remain intact.

The only analogy I can think of:
You open your unscreened front door and houseflies, at the rate of 3 per person, enter your house.

You decide to close the door. Do the flies disappear? No, they remain intact.

I'm trusting that @mesaboy2 comes up with a more pleasant analogy. ;)

And yet another reason I never use TA's. I was hoping it would be helpful planning for a larger group. I should know better by now!!

@mesaboy2 , would you say day 4 or beyond seems to be the sweet spot for getting FOP?

Has anyone been able to get FOP on days 1, 2, or 3? I may have read one or two reports of people getting them early in their stay but it seems to be the exception rather than the rule.
Most people in my October group have found FOP on day 4 or later. Very few success stories for anything earlier, and if they were, they were late in the day.

Shoot, I couldn't even get FOP on my 4th park day (October 5th). Hoping something will magically appear before we go.

My fp day is tomorrow ahhhhhh. Is the booking window at 12am or 7am? Sorry I couldn't find it!

Hi!

Can you swap someone's fast pass to somebody else in your party - before trip starts? Like you change your dining party.
Say I make one for my sister for a certain ride, then she tells me she doesn't want to ride it after all. Can I give her fast pass to my brother? Both with valid park tickets and both linked to my MDE. This would be done way before our trip starts.

My family is being indecisive.

Hi!

Can you swap someone's fast pass to somebody else in your party - before trip starts? Like you change your dining party.
Say I make one for my sister for a certain ride, then she tells me she doesn't want to ride it after all. Can I give her fast pass to my brother? Both with valid park tickets and both linked to my MDE. This would be done way before our trip starts.

My family is being indecisive.

Yes.

From post #2:

- While technically nontransferable, in practice MagicBands (or tickets) can be swapped with others in your party to use their FPs (assuming everyone is together inside the park). Castmembers (CMs) do not care if 47yo Mike enters a FP queue with 15yo Sue's MagicBand. If uncomfortable with swapping bands, the Change Party function in MDX can legitimately be used to move FPs between members of the same party who have all entered the park. Transferring FPs from profiles linked to tickets not used for park entry cannot be discussed on this forum.

Yes.

From post #2:

Thanks! From reading that, it seems we all have to be in the park though. I was hoping I'd be able to do switching at home if possible before we even get there, but it doesn't seem like that's possible. It may be my sister will want to do another park entirely that day on her own.

thanks!

Thanks! From reading that, it seems we all have to be in the park though. I was hoping I'd be able to do switching at home if possible before we even get there, but it doesn't seem like that's possible. It may be my sister will want to do another park entirely that day on her own.

thanks!

You can change FPs from one person in your party to another. You can do this both before your family enters the park and while your family is in the park.

The last two sentences of the post I quoted for you are referring to transferring FPs from a person not in the park to a person in the park. That cannot be discussed here.

As long as both people (the donor and the recipient of the FP) are either in the park or both people are not in the park, you can discuss it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter