FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay...?

This is like code.

I'm making fast passes for 3 people this Saturday and then 2 more a couple days later. I'm trying for 3 FOP on one of our days.
If I can get the 3 FOP this Saturday - can I switch who will use the fast passes in MDE as long as we all have valid park tickets? Or do we all need to be entering the park that day? My brother will be with us, but I can't make his fast passes until after I make the original 3, so he won't be able to get FOP most likely. I was hoping if my sister (one of original 3) decided not to do AK (she is arriving that day) I could switch hers to his. Sounds like no.

I will figure it out. I would assume MDE would show me the option to switch the fast pass between people in my party if that was an option. I'm so confused. I will stop discussing because I have no idea if I'm asking about something wrong or not!

Last edited:
Okay...?

This is like code.

I'm making fast passes for 3 people this Saturday and then 2 more a couple days later. I'm trying for 3 FOP on one of our days.
If I can get the 3 FOP this Saturday - can I switch who will use the fast passes in MDE as long as we all have valid park tickets? Or do we all need to be entering the park that day? My brother will be with us, but I can't make his fast passes until after I make the original 3, so he won't be able to get FOP most likely. I was hoping if my sister (one of original 3) decided not to do AK (she is arriving that day) I could switch hers to his. Sounds like no.

I will figure it out. I would assume MDE would show me the option to switch the fast pass between people in my party if that was an option. I'm so confused. I will stop discussing because I have no idea if I'm asking about something wrong or not!

As long as you are all linked and permission has been granted (via MDE) to manage their profiles, You, Micky, Brother F, Sisters T & C can change FPs between the 5 of you 'till the cows come home. Don't overthink the in-park vs. outside-of-park aspect.

Hi all!

My DIF and I will be celebrating our Disneymoon starting on 10/23. We have a split stay, 3 nights on DVC point for the first part at the GF Villas and 8 nights at POR. We have room only reservations and are AP holders however we will not be activating the passes until we are down there. Our 60 day window opens up on Thursday morning. I was playing around with practicing making reservations and I noticed that there are only 30 days worth of dates currently open to us. Does anyone know if this will update to the appropriate 60 days once our fast pass window officially opens?

Thanks in advance! :o

Hi all!

My DIF and I will be celebrating our Disneymoon starting on 10/23. We have a split stay, 3 nights on DVC point for the first part at the GF Villas and 8 nights at POR. We have room only reservations and are AP holders however we will not be activating the passes until we are down there. Our 60 day window opens up on Thursday morning. I was playing around with practicing making reservations and I noticed that there are only 30 days worth of dates currently open to us. Does anyone know if this will update to the appropriate 60 days once our fast pass window officially opens?

Yes, it should. From the Booking Windows post:
For onsite guests with a room-only reservation, the 60-day prebooking window will not appear until the 60-day mark, assuming valid tickets are attached to the account. Before this point only a 30-day window (from the current day) will be active, again assuming valid tickets are attached to the account. It is possible to practice booking FPs using this 30-day window.

Wow you weren't joking about FOP! We ended up getting Fp one of our last days and at night! Looks like we will be getting up for early addmittence for AK:) Thank you for all the advice

As long as you are all linked and permission has been granted (via MDE) to manage their profiles, You, Micky, Brother F, Sisters T & C can change FPs between the 5 of you 'till the cows come home. Don't overthink the in-park vs. outside-of-park aspect.

Perfect!!! Thank you!!! :)
Just realize that you can't actually "swap" FP's between people. So if 2 of you have FP for Space and 2 for Buzz and the kids decide to switch rides, there's no way to just trade the FP between them in MDE. You'd have to drop one and then use Change party to transfer the second one over and then hope you could get the first one back for the second kid. In this case, just swapping the bands may be much easier than trying to play with moving them around.

Just realize that you can't actually "swap" FP's between people. So if 2 of you have FP for Space and 2 for Buzz and the kids decide to switch rides, there's no way to just trade the FP between them in MDE. You'd have to drop one and then use Change party to transfer the second one over and then hope you could get the first one back for the second kid. In this case, just swapping the bands may be much easier than trying to play with moving them around.
Off topic, but just wanted to say that's a great photo in your sig!

Ugh. Thanks!

I guess I will just make the 3 FOP fast passes I'm able to make on Saturday on our day 7, try to make some for my brother and sister when their windows open for the day we made ours.

I suppose if I can't get one for them, me and Micky can give them our Magic Bands to go ride it and we will just do something else. We will get back to Disney before they will and I really want them to have a chance to ride it.

I hope it's OK to post this question here (if not, please flog me appropriately):

There's 6 of us going. My sister and her family (4) and me and my roomate.
We have 6-day park hopper. Sister and her family have 5-day park hopper (we're staying longer).
We're staying off site.
We booked a throwaway room for 10/22-10/23.

FOP is out of the question, as there's apparently a snowball's chance in hell of actually getting it (if we were onsite for 5+ days we could probably get it on the 5th day, but we're not, so no FP for FOP).

Since we have park hopper, and some rides are tiered, and there's some parks that we don't care about tier 1, is this an acceptable "workaround"?
So let's say we want Frozen and Test Track (both Tier 1) in Epcot. The earliest I can get Frozen is like 3:00 p.m.
So let's say we do Park #1 (undecided yet, but probably not AK) where we don't really care much about Tier 1 rides on day #1. (10/22). Then in the afternoon, we park hop over to Epcot for our Tier 1 Frozen FP.

Then on 10/23 we do Tier 1 test track at Epcot and then in the afternoon park hop over to another park for something else?

Or am I making a mess of things?

From my sister's list:

"
Magic kingdom - its a small world, jungle cruise, 7 dwarfs mine train, under the sea. The only thing we absolutely have to do there is padawan training for child #1 which you have to go sign up for going entering park...its all day every 30 minutes so hopefully we can coordinate that.

Epcot - anything looks good they have a frozen ride for fast pass...also test track was fun but child #2 won't be tall enough probably but we can manage that.

Hollywood studios - they have a couple star wars things the kids would like not requiring fast pass. Also aerosmith roller coaster and twilight zone I would ride, hubby won't do upside down stuff but would do twilight. We'd have to split times though for kid watching.

Animal kingdom - I predict this will be the highlight since our kids love animals. Kali river rapids and Kilimanjaro safaris both have fast pass and everyone can do those together. Hubby said he would try avatar and Child #1 can do that too but we'd have to alternate ride times so someone can watch child #2."

Since we have park hopper, and some rides are tiered, and there's some parks that we don't care about tier 1, is this an acceptable "workaround"?
So let's say we want Frozen and Test Track (both Tier 1) in Epcot. The earliest I can get Frozen is like 3:00 p.m.
So let's say we do Park #1 (undecided yet, but probably not AK) where we don't really care much about Tier 1 rides on day #1. (10/22). Then in the afternoon, we park hop over to Epcot for our Tier 1 Frozen FP.

Then on 10/23 we do Tier 1 test track at Epcot and then in the afternoon park hop over to another park for something else?

Might be making a mess of things. He, he! :)

You'll spend more time on park hoping than you would have just standing in line for Test Track. Also, it sounds like you're traveling with young kids, so that's another reason to keep it simple.

How about trying to score the FP for Frozen and then plan to rope drop for Test Track? And, if you can't get a FP for Frozen, then switch. RD Frozen and FP Test Track.

Did you read through the FP FAQ where it talks about which fast passes will save the most time? Reading through that might help you build your plan. Good luck!

I hope it's OK to post this question here (if not, please flog me appropriately):

There's 6 of us going. My sister and her family (4) and me and my roomate.
We have 6-day park hopper. Sister and her family have 5-day park hopper (we're staying longer).
We're staying off site.
We booked a throwaway room for 10/22-10/23.

FOP is out of the question, as there's apparently a snowball's chance in hell of actually getting it (if we were onsite for 5+ days we could probably get it on the 5th day, but we're not, so no FP for FOP).

From my sister's list:

"
Magic kingdom - its a small world, jungle cruise, 7 dwarfs mine train, under the sea. The only thing we absolutely have to do there is padawan training for child #1 which you have to go sign up for going entering park...its all day every 30 minutes so hopefully we can coordinate that.

Epcot - anything looks good they have a frozen ride for fast pass...also test track was fun but child #2 won't be tall enough probably but we can manage that.

Hollywood studios - they have a couple star wars things the kids would like not requiring fast pass. Also aerosmith roller coaster and twilight zone I would ride, hubby won't do upside down stuff but would do twilight. We'd have to split times though for kid watching.

Animal kingdom - I predict this will be the highlight since our kids love animals. Kali river rapids and Kilimanjaro safaris both have fast pass and everyone can do those together. Hubby said he would try avatar and Child #1 can do that too but we'd have to alternate ride times so someone can watch child #2."

Not FP related, but I just wanted to say - Jedi training is NOT at Magic Kingdom. It's at HS. Might want to do a little research about the sign up process.... generally speaking you're going to want to arrive before park opening to be in line and insure getting a spot. Assuming there are openings, the cm at sign up will let you pick a slot that doesn't interfere with your FP plans.

You'll spend more time on park hoping than you would have just standing in line for Test Track. Also, it sounds like you're traveling with young kids, so that's another reason to keep it simple.

How about trying to score the FP for Frozen and then plan to rope drop for Test Track?

Did you read through the FP FAQ where it talks about which fast passes will save the most time? Reading through that might help you build your plan. Good luck!

I agree with this. Another option that we've used if you have any Princess fans in your party, book the Akershus PPO breakfast at 8am, which puts you at FEA at 9 without a Fastpass. Then, double-back to TT which should have a 20-30 minute wait at most, then to Soarin' to use a FP. That will open up the rest of your day considerably.

How about trying to score the FP for Frozen and then plan to rope drop for Test Track? And, if you can't get a FP for Frozen, then switch. RD Frozen and FP Test Track.

Thank you so much! I missed (or rather, probably glazed over that) section in the FAQ.

I will do that now, though, thank you.

P.S. What is "rope drop"?

Last edited:
Hi all!

Just make sure your DVC reservation is linked to your MDE. Unlike reservations made through Disney, DVC reservations do not automatically link - they have to be done manually.

Ugh. Thanks!

I guess I will just make the 3 FOP fast passes I'm able to make on Saturday on our day 7, try to make some for my brother and sister when their windows open for the day we made ours.

I suppose if I can't get one for them, me and Micky can give them our Magic Bands to go ride it and we will just do something else. We will get back to Disney before they will and I really want them to have a chance to ride it.

I think there is some confusion on what you want to do and between "swapping FPs", "swapping MBs", and "change party for FP". Hopefully, I don't make it worse.

All parties must be linked through MDE:

You can not "swap FPs" - meaning brother has a FP for Safari & sister has a FP for FOP and you want to swap the two. Can't be done, you would have to drop one and then change party on the other FP.

You can "change party on the FPs" - You can book a FP for FOP using sister's ticket and "change party" once you reach brother's booking date, as long as your sister is not planning on using this FP. Just go into the FP and hit "change party" and switch the two individuals. I just had to do this for someone in our party who has yet to purchase tickets - luckily we have someone else who has tickets on their MDE account so I was able to use those. They are "parked" until the person going with us decides to purchase their tickets. If they don't do it soon, I will release the FPs and they lose out.

'Swapping MBs" works if both parties are in the park on the day you want to use the FPs. You stated your sister might not go to AK so this wouldn't be an option.

Also, after your original post someone posted that you should be able to book for your brother at your 60 day mark instead of waiting for his. Don't quote me on this - not an expert in package tickets since we never do them.

Just make sure your DVC reservation is linked to your MDE. Unlike reservations made through Disney, DVC reservations do not automatically link - they have to be done manually.
We made sure to link them to MDE around the time we purchased our passes. Thanks for making sure!

Two RO Stays. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second stay (and potentially beyond). This assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.

1. Will the booking window extend until the checkout of the second stay if it is more than 10 days? So lets say I am staying onsite (split) Nov 1-14. On Sept 1 could I book FP through Nov 10 or Nov 14?
  2. I have 5 day tickets linked that are for fewer days than the RO reservations. I intend to upgrade to a 6 day ticket while at the park. Will I be able to make FPs for more than 5 days over the entire span of my visit when my 60+ window opens up?
  3. Some members of my travel party are staying offsite for the first part of the trip. Could I make 60+ day FP reservations for them since we are linked in MDE? If not I suppose I could just add them to my room reservation so long as I don't exceed the occupancy, correct?
TIA!

EDIT - Ignore questions 1 & 2, I found the answers in a different section of the first page. Now to research adding an extra day of tickets prior to arriving at the parks. Still wondering about # 3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter