FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shows like Rivers of Light, take a FP off your selections for the day? Bringing you down to 2, not being able to schedule a 4th until after the show?
Unlike the system in CA where a WOC FP does not count as a current FP it is a 'bonus'.

at 82 days and counting down!

If I may jump in, we plan to do 3 things on our arrival day at AK, beginning around 7PM: Navi River (saving FOP until later in the week), Safari, and Rivers of Light. Is ROL worth it, if I don't have to worry about tying up a FP?

If I may jump in, we plan to do 3 things on our arrival day at AK, beginning around 7PM: Navi River (saving FOP until later in the week), Safari, and Rivers of Light. Is ROL worth it, if I don't have to worry about tying up a FP?
We did something similar a few weeks ago:

KTTK at MK and then hopped to AK with FPs for Safari and FoP, then Tiffins , RoL FP, and then walk-on NRJ with a total of 10 minutes in the line.

Seems to be worth it for late day arrivals, for Rope Drop, it doesn't. Just my opinion.

Thanks for reporting this.

When FP booking began, that’s how it was originally set up. Then, last year, any secondary booked reservation - even packages - opened up. Now, it must have been tweaked back to the original parameters.

So, people who arrive after the original group of onsite guests shouldn’t book packages and should have separately linked tickets - the onsite reservation won’t matter.

Exactly! They are really trying to crack down on the so called "cheaters". We even had a discussion about Rider Switch and how people are using that to game the system. He said they are working on that as well.

Exactly! They are really trying to crack down on the so called "cheaters". We even had a discussion about Rider Switch and how people are using that to game the system. He said they are working on that as well.
It’s such a drawback for legitimate groups visiting the parks together but with different arrival dates.

Disney should do away with ‘packaged’ tickets to make booking FPs easier for all.

Okay, I think I've reread the posts on rolling windows too much and confused myself further :scared:

We're arriving in about a month, staying for 10 nights. We have two trips planned within 60 days of our upcoming trip (trip 1).
Trip 2 is Wednesday to Saturday, then trip 3 begins the following Wednesday and lasts for 7 nights.
These are all onsite, and we have annual passes. The curse of the annual pass... frequent trips :)

Our arrival day (for trip 1) is actually the FP+ booking day for trip 2, but we'll be flying the friendly skies when the booking window opens, so I'm not all that concerned. Actually we might be sitting in the gate area -- I'll need to check times again.

Do I have any rolling windows to be concerned about?
Basically, I thought I would begin making FP+ on trip 1's arrival day for trip 2, then a few days later the window would open for trip 3.

Lastly, we might cancel trip 2, and do trip 3 only. In this case, I don't need to worry about booking FP+ on trip 1's arrival day at all, because our next trip would begin about 67 days out, correct? I'll just need to book FP+ for trip 3 later during trip 1?

:thanks:

Editing for clarification: Trip 2 begins exactly 60 days after trip 1 begins. Trip 3 begins exactly 7 days after trip 2 begins.

Last edited:
Do I have any rolling windows to be concerned about?
Because Trip#2 is within 60 days of Trip#1, the booking window for Trip#2 opens a day early...a 61 day booking window.

Trip#3 also has a 61 day booking window.

Be prepared to book your FPs a day earlier for Trip#2 & for #3 than what you’ve been thinking.

I have a question and I've tried searching but am not sure what to search for. It's not a split stay exactly.
I am planning to stay one night before a week long cruise and two nights after. I am planning to buy the tickets with the first night pre-cruise but not use them until after the cruise. I would book the FP+ at 60 days out from the last two nights, right? I won't magically be able to do that 60 days before the first night? wishful thinking :) thank you.

I would book the FP+ at 60 days out from the last two nights, right?
You benefit from the rolling window of Stay#1 so you’ll book your FPs 1 day earlier for Stay#2... a 61-day booking window rather than 60 days before Check-in of Stay#2.

just an FYI for anyone getting ready to start booking at the 60 day window, the earilest FOP is currently at day 63 monday 12/18 in the afternoon.
I was a bit suprised to see some available that early. I expect it wont last long.

I thought ROL was really spectacular. I liked it way better than Illuminations. Maybe because it's new, it has that wow factor. I did use a FP for it. The seating is pretty immense but the FP section is closer to Pandora if you are thinking of hurrying over there afterwards.

Just double checking - we have 2 separate room reservations. One under my name the other under my brother's name. If I have everyone that is under his ressie on my MDE friends list. I can make fast passes for all of us (i.e. both room reservations)? We all have tickets attach to our profile IDs

Just double checking - we have 2 separate room reservations. One under my name the other under my brother's name. If I have everyone that is under his ressie on my MDE friends list. I can make fast passes for all of us (i.e. both room reservations)? We all have tickets attach to our profile IDs
As long as everyone is listed and has separately linked tickets, you’ll be able to book for everyone.

If your brother booked a package, his room reservation also needs to be linked and showing in your MDE.

Example: My MDE is linked to a DISer who will be staying at BLT. Even though I’m not traveling with them, I can see the BLT reservation in my MDE account

As long as everyone is listed and has separately linked tickets, you’ll be able to book for everyone.

If your brother booked a package, his room reservation also needs to be linked and showing in your MDE.

Example: My MDE is linked to a DISer who will be staying at BLT. Even though I’m not traveling with them, I can see the BLT reservation in my MDE account
Thank you

Questions about AK FP? My sister and I have decided to skip Pandora, which is a Tier 1 FP. Do I HAVE to make a tier 1 FP reservation before moving on to the ones I really one in group 2? And please, pretty please, do not try to convince us to ride anything in Pandora. TIA

Questions about AK FP? My sister and I have decided to skip Pandora, which is a Tier 1 FP. Do I HAVE to make a tier 1 FP reservation before moving on to the ones I really one in group 2? And please, pretty please, do not try to convince us to ride anything in Pandora. TIA
You can pre~book 3 Tier 2 FPs in any park that has tiered FPs. :)

What does FOP stand for?

Also, how does the switch rider work? For example, DD is 8 years old and will want to do the Mt Everest ride. DH will rise it with her, but I hate roller coasters. If we got FP. Could DH and DD ride it twice (using my FP)?

What does FOP stand for?

Also, how does the switch rider work? For example, DD is 8 years old and will want to do the Mt Everest ride. DH will rise it with her, but I hate roller coasters. If we got FP. Could DH and DD ride it twice (using my FP)?

FOP is Flight of Passage, which is the new ride in Pandora in Animal Kingdom. Rider switch is for when a child is too short to ride - it allows each parent to ride without long waits (basically trading off who waits with the too-short child.) Your DD could use your FP to get a second ride, but she'd have to ride alone, since your DH wouldn't have a second FP.

When visiting on an AP for the first time, do you just use your AP card to scan at the FP tapstiles? I have never had a Magic Band before, and if I activate my AP earlier than I originally intended, I may stay off-site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!