FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking since I’ve luckily always been able to get SDD FP. Now I’m trying to help a friend look for one since they booked a last minute trip in 3 weeks. When I try to change their ST FP and refresh through the times will SDD pop to the top as a tier 1 FP like Epcot does? Or do I need to scroll down the list each time?

Just checking since I’ve luckily always been able to get SDD FP. Now I’m trying to help a friend look for one since they booked a last minute trip in 3 weeks. When I try to change their ST FP and refresh through the times will SDD pop to the top as a tier 1 FP like Epcot does? Or do I need to scroll down the list each time?
Typically Tier 1 will pop up at the top and then others will show as "Other Experiences Available". However is there a reason you plan to change their ST FP? ST is a Tier 2 meaning it will not impact being able to choose SDD.

Typically Tier 1 will pop up at the top and then others will show as "Other Experiences Available". However is there a reason you plan to change their ST FP? ST is a Tier 2 meaning it will not impact being able to choose SDD.
Thanks just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing it as I refreshed. They got them a couple days ago and all that were left were tier 2s of course.
They got TSM and RnR and wanted to keep those two. So ST was the one they were willing to part with if I could find them SDD.

Thanks just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing it as I refreshed. They got them a couple days ago and all that were left were tier 2s of course.
They got TSM and RnR and wanted to keep those two. So ST was the one they were willing to part with if I could find them SDD.
Ahhhh OK gotcha. But yeah as only MFSR, MMRR and SDD are now Tier 1, it shoudl appear at the top if it does.

I've attempted to search for my question, so apologies if already covered. My wife and I are linked on MDE, but we each have our own logins. When our FB booking window opens, can we both be attempting to book FP under our own login, or is it better if we are logged in under one account? We have a plan where each of us focuses on getting our Tier 1 on separate days simultaneously.

I've attempted to search for my question, so apologies if already covered. My wife and I are linked on MDE, but we each have our own logins. When our FB booking window opens, can we both be attempting to book FP under our own login, or is it better if we are logged in under one account? We have a plan where each of us focuses on getting our Tier 1 on separate days simultaneously.
You can each log in under your own account and book. My wife, daughter, and myself each have our own accounts and make FP's for each other.

My college aged son and I both logged in under our own separate MDE accounts to secure FP when our 60 window opened (for our family's upcoming March trip). We used our laptops. Worked well for us. We separated what we each were trying for - like FOP, SDD, SDMT - concentrating on the tier 1's and also the dates earlier in our trip.

It doesn't matter. DW has her own, but she's getting ready for work at 7am on FP day. But our TA and I team up to do it. We come up with a plan for which ones we start with first and then move on from there. She does some and I do some. She and I actually both use my account, but DW could also use hers if needed as well. Keep in mind, that at least for dining ADRs, if DW booked it from her account, only she can modify it, not me. I'm NOT sure if the same applies for FP.

• Guests linked to or listed on an onsite guest's MDX account (controlled by the onsite guest) and valid tickets linked.

I had an issue with this yesterday. Have the rules changed so you can't include people who are linked to you and not on a reservation? It was my nephew and his wife and I just hadn't gotten their room reservation linked. The rest of us that I had linked into MDE with onsite reservation were fine. So I went thru and linked up their room reservation and problem solved.

So, I haven't been to WDW in a few years and I'm going back in 2 months.

Since when have you been able to make passes for 60 days at the beginning of your trip? So you can make passes for your entire trip, beating the 60 day window for all days after the first one?

This policy...kinda sucks. I went to make fastpasses today at the exact moment I was able to and some stuff was completely gone already or, at best, only available at the very end of the day.

Really, really annoying/unfair.

(forgive me if this has been discussed ad nauseum on these boards, but this was my first experience with it.)

Did the 60+ booking of our fast passes yesterday for 2 people. As anticipated, all the Tier 1 at HS were gone. Unfortunately due to our itinerary, we had to do HS at 60+1 so not totally unexpected. So we’ll keep checking! Anyway, noticed a couple of odd things. As we tried to book 60+2, Navi didn’t show up as an option at all (ie, didn’t even appear). Weird. And when we tried to modify some other Tier 2 options (ie, RnR and Star Tours), the systems says they are all taken. Yet, when I cross reference the Touring Plans availability tool, there are tons of time slots for Tier 2 rides still showing today (including Navi for example). Not a huge deal as we are pretty happy with our plans, but wonder if any insight from veterans?

Did the 60+ booking of our fast passes yesterday for 2 people. As anticipated, all the Tier 1 at HS were gone. Unfortunately due to our itinerary, we had to do HS at 60+1 so not totally unexpected. So we’ll keep checking! Anyway, noticed a couple of odd things. As we tried to book 60+2, Navi didn’t show up as an option at all (ie, didn’t even appear). Weird. And when we tried to modify some other Tier 2 options (ie, RnR and Star Tours), the systems says they are all taken. Yet, when I cross reference the Touring Plans availability tool, there are tons of time slots for Tier 2 rides still showing today (including Navi for example). Not a huge deal as we are pretty happy with our plans, but wonder if any insight from veterans?
If you are modifying a tier 2 you won't see other options available if you have already selected that FP. So if you currently have RnR and Star Tours selected, you go to Change Star Tours, you will not see times available for either of those rides...you also won't see any availability for any tier 1 ride at that point unless you were modifying a tier 1 FP.

...you also won't see any availability for any tier 1 ride at that point unless you were modifying a tier 1 FP.
Interesting, thanks for the insight. Given my situation of have 3 Tier 2 FP for HS, if I try to “change” my FP instead of ”modify” will I ever see a Tier 1 FP option if they become available? Or do I need to drop one of my Tier 2 altogether?

Interesting, thanks for the insight. Given my situation of have 3 Tier 2 FP for HS, if I try to “change” my FP instead of ”modify” will I ever see a Tier 1 FP option if they become available? Or do I need to drop one of my Tier 2 altogether?
Change is just the new modify. Yes, if you only have tier 2's selected then you would see tier 1 FP's as available options when modifying.

So, I haven't been to WDW in a few years and I'm going back in 2 months.

Since when have you been able to make passes for 60 days at the beginning of your trip? So you can make passes for your entire trip, beating the 60 day window for all days after the first one?

This policy...kinda sucks. I went to make fastpasses today at the exact moment I was able to and some stuff was completely gone already or, at best, only available at the very end of the day.

Really, really annoying/unfair.

(forgive me if this has been discussed ad nauseum on these boards, but this was my first experience with it.)

FastPass+ started in 2014. The 60-day window was established for on-site guests as part of the initial program. The additional days are limited to the length of your reservation, including check-in and check-out day, with an unconfirmed maximum of 14 days.

Hi, we are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children of 5 and 2 years).

We will have to make rider switch in a lot of attractions, I would like to know if we both adults need FP+ for an atracction with rider switch?

Ex. In FOP our children couldn't ride (height restrictions) can we enter with Adult A with FP+ and adult B with rider switch?

Sorry for my english, I'm a spanish mom preparing our first trip to wdw. TIA

if i have FP booked at 60 days and end up finding a cheaper deal through a 3rd party (hotwire/priceline) will i lose my FP? I would link new room to my disney and cancel room only reservation

Hi, we are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children of 5 and 2 years).

We will have to make rider switch in a lot of attractions, I would like to know if we both adults need FP+ for an atracction with rider switch?

Ex. In FOP our children couldn't ride (height restrictions) can we enter with Adult A with FP+ and adult B with rider switch?

Sorry for my english, I'm a spanish mom preparing our first trip to wdw. TIA

in our experience the answer to your first question was sometimes...... I think the technical answer is yes you are supposed to both have Fast passes.....And I’m pretty sure it’s changed now but i could be wrong, used to be that the rider swap was good for the rest of the day but now I believe it’s only good for a set amount of time right after it’s given like an hour or so

Couldn't really find this searching. Sorry if it's been covered before. It's kind of complicated. We will have 7 day tickets that we plan to upgrade to APs on the first day of use. They changed EMH to PM at DHS for the first night of our July trip. We had not planned on going to a park that day. I will book FP in advance for the rest of the trip but not for this day. If we use the 7 day tickets to enter DHS that night, we would technically be hitting the parks for 8 days. Will any of our previously booked FPs be canceled? If so, which ones, ie 7th day? Also, is there a delay, ie certain number of hours/days, before any of the FP are canceled? Could I upgrade the tickets to APs at the park before any FP get canceled? Thanks

Hollywood Studios FP ??
If you have FPs for the ones, like TSM or Slinky Dog, that go to 2nd Tier on 2/18 will they automatically move to 2nd tier and allow you to make a new 1st Tier pick? Also, will Mickey/Minnie rollercoaster be easier to get since the new Star Wars Ride will have a FP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!