FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hollywood Studios FP ??
If you have FPs for the ones, like TSM or Slinky Dog, that go to 2nd Tier on 2/18 will they automatically move to 2nd tier and allow you to make a new 1st Tier pick? Also, will Mickey/Minnie rollercoaster be easier to get since the new Star Wars Ride will have a FP?

Slinky Dog is remaining in Tier 1 with Smugglers Run, and Runaway Railway (for dates starting March 4th). All others are already Tier 2 for dates starting tomorrow I believe, and you should be able to adjust your selections accordingly.

[Edit: Added Runaway Railway]

DHS FP Tier 1 Question:

I booked DHS FP 60+1 days out. There were not any tier 1 FPs (SDD, MFSR, MMRR) left. I booked two tier 2 FPs, but didn't book a third.

What is my best strategy to get a tier 1 FP?

- Only have two tier 2 FP book and refresh until a tier 1 FP becomes available?
- Book the third tier 2 FP, will they let me change tier 2 FP into a tier 1?
- When, in terms of days, are my best chances to refresh for a tier 1 FP? like between 31-60, day 30, days leading up to the trip, or the day of?

Just to clarify as split stay question. I have a package that starts 9/5 through 9/13 with 7 day park hopper plus tickets at All Star Music w/ free dining. We have added a room only for 9/13 thru 9/15 at the same resort.
Our first day in the parks will be 9/6. After a water park day and a pool day we will have one day left to use a park ticket on 9/14. Will I be able to make fast passes for that day when I make the other 6 days that will fall under the package dates?

My 60 day FP window opens Friday, and I'm trying to decide how I should prioritize the order to book them in. Each would be for two people. The big ones I want are:

Day 4 - Flight of Passage
Day 5 - Runaway Railway
Day 8 - Smuggler's Run

I've not been keeping up with how difficult these are to pre-book or how difficult these are to obtain as 4th FPs, so if anyone has insight on that, please fill me in! Thanks!

DHS FP Tier 1 Question:

I booked DHS FP 60+1 days out. There were not any tier 1 FPs (SDD, MFSR, MMRR) left. I booked two tier 2 FPs, but didn't book a third.

What is my best strategy to get a tier 1 FP?

- Only have two tier 2 FP book and refresh until a tier 1 FP becomes available?
- Book the third tier 2 FP, will they let me change tier 2 FP into a tier 1?
- When, in terms of days, are my best chances to refresh for a tier 1 FP? like between 31-60, day 30, days leading up to the trip, or the day of?
I’d keep only 2 tier 2’s and keep trying to book that 3rd. This way, all available FPs and times will populate. If you have all 3 FPs booked and try to modify one, the system will now show you any FPs that overlap with any existing FP times (so if SDD was available at 3:05, for example, but you have any other FPs booked that include any times between 3:05 and 4:05, you wouldn't see it by modifying. If you’re booking new, it will still populate, but alert you to the time conflict and make you choose one or the other). Good luck!

My 60 day FP window opens Friday, and I'm trying to decide how I should prioritize the order to book them in. Each would be for two people. The big ones I want are:

Day 5 - Runaway Railway
Day 8 - Smuggler's Run

I've not been keeping up with how difficult these are to pre-book or how difficult these are to obtain as 4th FPs, so if anyone has insight on that, please fill me in! Thanks!
I’d book MMRR first, then FOP then SR. It’s unlikely any will be available as a 4th option without being extremely lucky or catching a FP drop.

Hi there,
Trying to book a very last minute trip (AP/ offsite). I loaded fast passes for one day of our 3 day weekend with no issues, but it would not allow me to book a second day. Is it a MDE issue possibly? I’ve done this before, and I’m a pass holder so should have no issues. Just don’t want to call and try explaining if maybe it’s a glitch that will resolve itself shortly. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi there,
Trying to book a very last minute trip (AP/ offsite). I loaded fast passes for one day of our 3 day weekend with no issues, but it would not allow me to book a second day. Is it a MDE issue possibly? I’ve done this before, and I’m a pass holder so should have no issues. Just don’t want to call and try explaining if maybe it’s a glitch that will resolve itself shortly. Any ideas? Thanks!

Do you have another trip for which you already have fastpasses booked? The AP will generally give you a max of 7, possibly more with an on-site stay.

I'm assuming you are well within the 30-day window.

Do you have another trip for which you already have fastpasses booked? The AP will generally give you a max of 7, possibly more with an on-site stay.

I'm assuming you are well within the 30-day window.
Yes, I have fast passes for a stay at grand Floridian in April. Onsite, so maybe that’s counting towards my 7 days even though those 6 days are onsite?

Wow! Good to know. Good problem to have I realize but didn’t realize onsite would count towards my 7. Thanks for saving me a painful phone call!

DHS FP Tier 1 Question:

There was nothing available for the entire day? I just did 60 + 4 and 60 + 5 at DHS this morning and there was availability. MFSR was only available in the afternoon.

I just checked Thursday April 23 again and MFSR is already down to 3:30 earliest availability. Crazy. Need to schedule DHS as the last days of your stay.

Day 5 - Runaway Railway
Day 8 - Smuggler's Run

I just booked on Tuesday and was able to get MMRR for 60+4 for the afternoon- earliest time was 2:30. Smuggler's Run was available earlier in the day but we wanted MMRR. We were also booking for 6 so you have a better chance with only 2 for earlier. That said, I would go with MMRR, FOP and then Smuggler's Run. Good Luck!

Day 5 - Runaway Railway
Day 8 - Smuggler's Run

To echo the others, none of these would be very likely to be available for 4th FP option. However, MMRR will be the highest demand merely because it is brand new. FoP still might be unavailable, but if you have to choose between those 2, go with MMRR. Keep checking for FoP, because they do periodically open up, especially if park hours get extended between your 60 day and arrival day. Regarding MFSR, it will generally have the lowest standby times of the 3 (I assume that sb lines for MMRR will be over 90 minutes). So if you cannot grab a FP for MFSR at the expense getting the other 2, at least you have the shortest line for your standby.

Guests linked to or listed on an onsite guest's MDX account (controlled by the onsite guest) and valid tickets linked.

Hey could someone explain this to me. Sorry, but in our situation, my DD and her DBF, have a packaged booked and their 60 day mark is in 5 days. I am going to join them but I have an AP and since I don't want the package, I have been told that I can just be added on arrival to the hotel. Does the previous quote mean they can book FP+ for me as well since we are friends and family and I am on the ADRs with them or does it only work for children who's MDX you control?

Hey could someone explain this to me. Sorry, but in our situation, my DD and her DBF, have a packaged booked and their 60 day mark is in 5 days. I am going to join them but I have an AP and since I don't want the package, I have been told that I can just be added on arrival to the hotel. Does the previous quote mean they can book FP+ for me as well since we are friends and family and I am on the ADRs with them or does it only work for children who's MDX you control?
I don't think they will be able to make FP for you- you would need to be on the reservation for 60 day FP booking capability. It does not matter that you are friends or family or on ADRs with them. With an AP you can only book 30 days out with no reservation.

First off please don't think I am trying to circumvent the process. I currently have a 2 day onsite reservation at POP and have a 4 day ticket as we will be moving offsite. I am within my 60 day booking period and was able to get the FPs I wanted. I just found out that there is a chance that my in laws will be coming down and renting a house and want us to stay with them instead of staying at POP. If I cancel Pop after the 30day window will I lose my FPs that I have booked and have to start over? If that is the case I will keep my reservation as I was able to snag a Millennium Falcon FP!

First off please don't think I am trying to circumvent the process. I currently have a 2 day onsite reservation at POP and have a 4 day ticket as we will be moving offsite. I am within my 60 day booking period and was able to get the FPs I wanted. I just found out that there is a chance that my in laws will be coming down and renting a house and want us to stay with them instead of staying at POP. If I cancel Pop after the 30day window will I lose my FPs that I have booked and have to start over? If that is the case I will keep my reservation as I was able to snag a Millennium Falcon FP!
Yes, if you cancel your reservation at any time, your FP's will be lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter