Favorite Apps

mini22

Mouseketeer
I bought my 8 and 9 year old granddaughters iPads for Xmas. I would like to set them up and download a few apps for them so they can have fun with them right away. I was thinking of adding the Apple pencils but not sure. I don't know how much they would use them. Besides Procreate are there any nice coloring apps you know of that are not sold only as a subscription?

There are thousands of available apps, so you should be able to find some free ones that work for you. Try to avoid the ones where you only get PART of the app for free, since those are mostly a gimmick to get you to pay for the rest of the product. They also tend to constantly send you 'reminders' to buy the rest which gets annoying.

Exactly! I agree with you 100%. That is why I was asking. I am so tired of downloading apps only to delete them days later because they're not any good or have in app purchases . I guess I should explain that I am not new to Apple or the App store. The girls have had iPads for years and I am upgrading them because they need more storage. I was just looking for a fun new game or two and possibly a nice coloring app.They also like taking photos so I thought a photo app were you add silly things to your photos could be fun. Free is nice but I don't mind paying a few dollars for a nice app. I would love to hear what apps your kids enjoy!

iTunes cards are on sale at Target right now that’s probably what I would do. Also I’d back up their old iPads so the favorites they already have will transfer. My younger DD has a ton of coloring/drawing apps, I’ll ask her for some recommendations. I bought my kids the Logitech Crayons instead of the Apple Pencil, they love them.

ITunes are on sale today at Walmart also $50.00 card for $40.00 but is via email only so you will not get the actual card, they will email you the code

My daughter is 8 and here are some of the free/cheap apps I have on my phone that she enjoys (she also has an ipad but I'm at work so I can't say for sure the names of the ones on there)

Unicorn - Color By Number Game (coloring app that is free)
Kids Doodle
Drawing Challenge
Slither.io
Balloon Crush
Subway Surfers
YouTube Kids
Elf Yourself - Not free but really fun for the holidays

iTunes cards are on sale at Target right now that’s probably what I would do. Also I’d back up their old iPads so the favorites they already have will transfer. My younger DD has a ton of coloring/drawing apps, I’ll ask her for some recommendations. I bought my kids the Logitech Crayons instead of the Apple Pencil, they love them.
I would love to hear what she would recommend. There are so many to choose from its hard to tell which ones are the best. I will also check out the Logitech Crayons. Thanks!

ITunes are on sale today at Walmart also $50.00 card for $40.00 but is via email only so you will not get the actual card, they will email you the code
Thanks for the heads up. I might get a couple of those for my daughter.I needed one more thing for her and she was wanting to sign up for Apple Music. I could pay for a year subscription and then she would be all done.

My daughter is 8 and here are some of the free/cheap apps I have on my phone that she enjoys (she also has an ipad but I'm at work so I can't say for sure the names of the ones on there)

Unicorn - Color By Number Game (coloring app that is free)
Kids Doodle
Drawing Challenge
Slither.io
Balloon Crush
Subway Surfers
YouTube Kids
Elf Yourself - Not free but really fun for the holidays
I'm going to go check those out right now. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!