• Richter's Burger Co

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Kid Zone Pizza Company

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Simpson's Fast Food Boulevard

Votes: 35 31.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Leaky is order at the counter, sit you down with the "candle" and they bring you the food. It's not full service by any stretch. Finnegan's and Lombard's Landing are the two full table service (waiter/waitress) restaurants at the studios.

Simpsons is the best. Especially if you take it into Moe's tavern and enjoy a Duff's beer with your Krusty Burger. Moe's is so well done, you feel like you are in an episode of the Simpsons.

Leaky cauldron is shown on the Universal Studios map as full service, is it actually counter service? We were going to avoid it for that reason but if it's counter then perhaps we won't.
You order at a counter and then you are taken to a seat. You food is brought to you soon after. It works great!

I really like the Leaky Cauldron's ordering and seating system, especially when compared to The Three Broomsticks.

What do you like to eat at the Leaky Cauldron? I look at the menu and just don't know what to think of it. :)

What do you like to eat at the Leaky Cauldron? I look at the menu and just don't know what to think of it. :)

The only thing up my alley at either of the Potter QS restaurants is the fish & chips. British food is not to my taste apparently ;) Definitely worth visiting for the theme, however.

The only thing up my alley at either of the Potter QS restaurants is the fish & chips. British food is not to my taste apparently ;) Definitely worth visiting for the theme, however.

As a Brit I agree with you........I would eat the fish and chips if I had to, but the rest of it doesn't bear a lot of resemblance to British food..........never knew anyone make lamb and beef stew never mind serving it with salad!!!! Or any of those type of meals with salad.........Odd. And as for cranachan........bleurgh! Dessert of the devil...........

Maybe that's why I don't eat in any of those places.......nice atmosphere though!

Last edited:
I had the Banger sandwich which was good, just wish there was more of it. My Wife had the Ploughman's Platter which you can order for one for $9.99. She enjoyed it but mind you she also loves the Beverly!

Here is a summary from The Unofficial Guide:

Diagon Alley's flagship restaurant, the Leaky Cauldron serves hearty British pub fare similar to that of the Three Broomsticks, but featuring even more authentically Anglo favorites. You can reserve breakfast by booking through your travel agent or the ticket desk at your Universal resort hotel; walk-ups for day guests are also usually available. The morning menu costs $15.99 for adults ($12.39 for kids) with a small drink, and has a similar mix of American and British breakfast foods to Three Broomsticks. The breakfast fare is fair at best; the blood sausage and beans aren't bad if you have a taste for them, but the scrambled eggs are awful, and the oatmeal outrageously overpriced, making the quiche-like mushroom pasty your best bet. Before you ask: yes, you can have hot or cold Butterbeer for breakfast. If you want to eat breakfast here, do it as late in the morning as possible; your early entry time is better spent riding Gringotts.

The star of the lunch and dinner menu is the ploughman's platter for two, with an array of gloriously stinky imported cheeses. The bangers are also bang-on, whether ordered with mash, in a sandwich, or (best of all) baked into a Toad in the Hole with Yorkshire pudding. The fish and chips are the same as those served in Hogsmeade, as is the soup & salad (which isn't even vegan). The fisherman's pie is extremely salty, as is the Guinness stew, which comes served in a nearly inedible bread bowl. Top off your meal with potted chocolate cream or sticky toffee pudding for dessert. Children’s menu items include macaroni and cheese, fish-and-chips, and mini meat pies (for your budding Sweeny Todd enthusiast).

As a Brit I agree with you........I would eat the fish and chips if I had to, but the rest of it doesn't bear a lot of resemblance to British food..........never knew anyone make lamb and beef stew never mind serving it with salad!!!! Or any of those type of meals with salad.........Odd. And as for cranachan........bleurgh! Dessert of the devil...........

Maybe that's why I don't eat in any of those places.......nice atmosphere though!

LOL! Maybe I should just call it eclectic food rather than British food then! Some of it sure is interesting!

LOL! Maybe I should just call it eclectic food rather than British food then! Some of it sure is interesting!

Very true!

Some of it is close, like cottage pie, Cornish pastie (yuk) bangers and mash and of course fish and chips........but our pub menus (decent ones) serve so much more than that........steak and ale pie is usually lush in most places, very traditional meal........but never beef and lamb together.....that's just odd!!! And never in summer!

Most meals like that are winter warmers.......not to be eaten in 100 degree temps! But hey ho........plenty of folks enjoy it........something for everyone..........

And this is just me.......but We would never, ever eat beans at breakfast........again, plenty of folks do........pancakes and bacon anytime for us..........:)

Man, I was looking forward to trying the chicken and waffles at Simpson. Is it really bad? :( We can't go to any of the HP places because my kids won't eat anything on the menu.

Very true!

Some of it is close, like cottage pie, Cornish pastie (yuk) bangers and mash and of course fish and chips........but our pub menus (decent ones) serve so much more than that........steak and ale pie is usually lush in most places, very traditional meal........but never beef and lamb together.....that's just odd!!! And never in summer!

Most meals like that are winter warmers.......not to be eaten in 100 degree temps! But hey ho........plenty of folks enjoy it........something for everyone..........

And this is just me.......but We would never, ever eat beans at breakfast........again, plenty of folks do........pancakes and bacon anytime for us..........:)

I think maybe the beans at breakfast is more of a Canadian thing, than a British one? Most diners around here (Ontario) offer pork and beans with your bacon-or-sausage and eggs and home fries.

My mother-in-law used to make her own beans to serve at breakfast, using salt pork. Yum!

Man, I was looking forward to trying the chicken and waffles at Simpson. Is it really bad? :( We can't go to any of the HP places because my kids won't eat anything on the menu.

I had it this year, the chicken was delicious and the first waffle was nice.........but the second waffle went hard and even though I wasn't going to eat it anyway as I was full......I couldn't have as it was solid.

But I would have it again.

I think maybe the beans at breakfast is more of a Canadian thing, than a British one? Most diners around here (Ontario) offer pork and beans with your bacon-or-sausage and eggs and home fries.

My mother-in-law used to make her own beans to serve at breakfast, using salt pork. Yum!

Nope, definitely a British thing. I just don't care for it.

It is my favorite thing at Simpsons !

Had it twice during my stay(chicken waffle sandwich w/ xrta sauce)

Also tried the ribwich sandwich and found a second love there!!

Whenever I get food at UO and it is off like schumi said about the waffle being too hard, I return to the counter and they remake one for me

No extra charges involved

Whenever I get food at UO and it is off like schumi said about the waffle being too hard, I return to the counter and they remake one for me

No extra charges involved

I would have done that as they are so good at replacing anything that's not quite right, but it was such a good portion I was full to bursting! It was really nice though......

Oh I did what you suggested and asked for extra maple mayo.........yep, got a little cup with extra in it.......:thumbsup2

Never had room for the big pink.......

This is the #1 thing my kids are looking forward to. They got introduced to the Simpson's playing Lego Dimensions so they watched a couple episodes.

It's big!!!

They'll love it......we ended up the most of ours in the bin. I don't really eat sweet things and even DH couldn't quite get through it..........

Sure you'll all like it though...........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter