Favorite Hawaiian products to enjoy at home?

The iTunes Store has the album by Keali’i Reichel with some songs played at the Aulani resort called Aulani: Music of the Maka’ala. The album cost $5.99 or you can purchase individual songs. Our family loves listening to the songs when we miss Hawaii. The songs bring back so many wonderful memories of our trips to the Aulani resort and islands.

We too had to cancel our Aulani plans this year. We were scheduled to visit the resort last week, with a stop on the Big Island on our way back home to California. Be safe everyone.
We bought the album and listened to it before our trip, at the resort, and now to remember it :)

I have yet another pork butt in the slow cooker coated in pink Hawaiian salt and it literally keeps making my mouth water!! I don’t know what is so magical about that salt, but I’ve done plenty of bits other ways and it’s just not as good. I’m loving all the other suggestions!!

These are great - THANKS! No, don't have anything specific in mind. We've been trying to make Hawaiian dishes at home too! We generally like to try local items when we visit so open to any new suggestions. The coconut peanut butter products from North Shore Goodies sure sound delicious!!
I'm a big fan of Honolulu coffee company my favorite coffee when I was there years ago. whenever they have any promotion from their email I have to get their coffee.

I can't believe no one has mentioned POG juice! I found it once pre-mixed (forget the brand), but often have to mix it from separate juice concentrates.

It's even better with rum!

-Paul
I buy it in the can from aloha maid its great .

Maui Winery comes to mind.

You can get Maui wine in Vegas at the ABC store and there was a Honolulu cookie store in the Venetion

Maui Winery comes to mind.

You can get Maui wine in Vegas at the ABC store and there was a Honolulu cookie store in the Venetion
I personally didn’t like any of the Maui Winery wines I sampled....and yet I brought home two hotties and a bottle of champagne!! 🤣 The hula girl label is awesome.

Tangentially off-topic but related. We ordered some great Hawaiian made high quality cloth masks via Etsy with beautiful prints.

On July 4th, a celebration of all states, but mostly Hawaii!! 🤣 I tried the Noh Foods instant haupia. It was ok but certainly not as good as homemade. I’m the only one who eats it, though, so I wasn’t going to the trouble. However, I did make the worlds most complicated Mac salad again, but THAT is worth it! Aloha everyone, and here’s hoping everyone planning a visit can do itE358CF99-69EF-4796-8D55-E81D6B7DF8FD.jpeg safely and soon!

On July 4th, a celebration of all states, but mostly Hawaii!! 🤣 I tried the Noh Foods instant haupia. It was ok but certainly not as good as homemade. I’m the only one who eats it, though, so I wasn’t going to the trouble. However, I did make the worlds most complicated Mac salad again, but THAT is worth it! Aloha everyone, and here’s hoping everyone planning a visit can do itView attachment 506513 safely and soon!
Wow! That looks delicious! Would you be willing to share how you made the Mac salad?

Think I got it! It's the one from House of Nash Eats? Thanks!!
That’s it! And the slow cooker kalua pork is the same recipe several here use—pork butt (I usually just make a half), pink Hawaiian salt, and liquid smoke. Add cabbage underneath for the last hour. SOooooo easy and good!

That’s it! And the slow cooker kalua pork is the same recipe several here use—pork butt (I usually just make a half), pink Hawaiian salt, and liquid smoke. Add cabbage underneath for the last hour. SOooooo easy and good!
Thanks!!! Going to make some next week!

I found it on Pinterest! It’s not in any way healthy, but wow, it’s good!! Let me know if the link doesn’t work and I’ll try to copy and paste the text.

https://pin.it/2f5Bd4j
Thanks for this. We have a local poke place that we visit, um, a lot. We always get their mac salad, and I've been worried that they might not survive the pandemic (although they are holding strong so far). Anyway, I could figure out how to replicate the poke, but the mac salad was worrying to me. But this recipe, I think is pretty close. So I've pinned it "just in case," but will continue to visit our local place. I may try it the next time we make kalua pork (we do the crockpot, with the salt and liquid smoke) but just had it last week.

In the spirit of this thread, we order syrups from this place on Maui. I get the lilikoi for ice cream sundaes. Likikoi syrup and chocolate ice cream, yum.

https://www.tutuspantry.com/

Thanks for this. We have a local poke place that we visit, um, a lot. We always get their mac salad, and I've been worried that they might not survive the pandemic (although they are holding strong so far). Anyway, I could figure out how to replicate the poke, but the mac salad was worrying to me. But this recipe, I think is pretty close. So I've pinned it "just in case," but will continue to visit our local place. I may try it the next time we make kalua pork (we do the crockpot, with the salt and liquid smoke) but just had it last week.

In the spirit of this thread, we order syrups from this place on Maui. I get the lilikoi for ice cream sundaes. Likikoi syrup and chocolate ice cream, yum.

https://www.tutuspantry.com/
Oooooh have you ever tried to mix it with lemonade? I had some lilikoi lemonade on Oahu that was awesome! Also, have you tried the curd? They show several recipes using it that looked really good.

Do you have any specific products in mind?

Here's a link to a directory of local food vendors, organized by product type: http://www.foodsofhawaii.com/products/product-categories/

North Shore Goodies is a popular vendor that has an online store: https://northshoregoodies.net/products/

A Made in Hawaii marketplace will be opening in the middle of August and will feature hundreds of local vendors. The in-person event attracts over 50k people but it's going virtual this year. The festival website is www.madeinhawaii.com
We had to cancel our Aulani trip and most likely won't be visiting until next year... we are missing Hawaii! Any favorite products/vendors recommendations? Since we can't go there, maybe we can bring a little of Hawaii to us!
Flowerskauaii. You can have a beautiful Hawaiian flower arrangement sent to your home. Excellent quality and price . We missed our 5th year anniversary trip but my husband sent me flowers from their website . They are beautiful!

Nobody mentioned Hilo Hattie?

If you have a Cost-Plus World Market nearby, they have Hawaiian Sun products, NOH Foods seasonings and mixes and Huli Huli BBQ sauce and lots of other products. Some are available online, some only in the stores.

ABC Stores also ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter