Favorite off property dining

Cafe tu tu Tango

My favorite too. I ate there twice on my US trip. I'm not sure I am going to make it with a WDW trip. Too many things to do in the parks. They have fantastic cocktails, small plates in an artsy atmosphere. They occasionally have entertainment.

Last edited:
Johnnie's Hideaway
Charley's Steakhouse
Slate
Dragonfly
The Knife
Dexter's
Hot 'n' Juicy Crawfish
El Patron

I used to LOVE Cafe Tu Tu Tango, but they've changed the menu so drastically, I no longer enjoy it because I miss all the old dishes we used to enjoy and the large variance of tapas they offered.

For those who want decent Asian cuisine. Ichiban buffet, for cheaper decent food, one up by US and on 192 in Kissimmee, Thai Thani on I drive and Central FL parkway, had some of the best duck there, and you feel like you are eating in a museum with all of the decorations. Oishi right next door, for sushi or hibachi.
Would agree with Ichiban. My kids have to have some Chinese food, and this seemed to be acceptable. With that said, if anyone knows of any decent-looking Chinese restaurants, I'd like to know. Not sure if menu matters much, as we're likely to talk to the staff in Chinese and order off menu (yes, the secret menu is a thing) anyway.

And this is way out of the way, but my mother-in-law loved Lac Viet up in North Orlando. She says it's pretty authentic (she's Chinese-Vietnamese), and frankly I'm in no position to argue.

Also, if anyone could recommend places for crab, it'd be appreciated. We tried Joe's Crab Shack last time out, and it was very bland.

Charley's Steakhouse, we have been twice now and have had excellent meals both times. They have a great drink menu in addition to the wonderful food, and the key lime pie is nice and tart and delicious.

Thanks all !
I am from NY so we have a millers and chilis !

We love SwEEt tomatoes as well as twistie treat and yes, yes WAFFLE HOUSE ! Those are must hits....used to be chick filet too but we have that now. Looking for something else . Thanks for suggestions !

Would agree with Ichiban. My kids have to have some Chinese food, and this seemed to be acceptable. With that said, if anyone knows of any decent-looking Chinese restaurants, I'd like to know. Not sure if menu matters much, as we're likely to talk to the staff in Chinese and order off menu (yes, the secret menu is a thing) anyway.

And this is way out of the way, but my mother-in-law loved Lac Viet up in North Orlando. She says it's pretty authentic (she's Chinese-Vietnamese), and frankly I'm in no position to argue.

Also, if anyone could recommend places for crab, it'd be appreciated. We tried Joe's Crab Shack last time out, and it was very bland.
My DD, native Californian, has lived in the Orlando area for almost 8 years and still hasn’t found a Chinese-Cantonese restaurant that is decent. She will order the Fried Rice from Yak and Yeti in AK but that’s about it.

She has found ramen shops and hipster sushi restaurants throughout Orlando but the only place for crab, lobster, and oysters is Oceanaire, a chain restaurant, near the Convention Center.

My DD, native Californian, has lived in the Orlando area for almost 8 years and still hasn’t found a Chinese-Cantonese restaurant that is decent. She will order the Fried Rice from Yak and Yeti in AK but that’s about it.

She has found ramen shops and hipster sushi restaurants throughout Orlando but the only place for crab, lobster, and oysters is Oceanaire, a chain restaurant, near the Convention Center.
Thanks! I mean, it's a bit disappointing to hear that there's nothing decent but it's good information.

I did see a couple of crab places whose menu had potential. Has anyone tried Karen's or Fishbones? I thought Fishbones was the same chain as the one I had in Michigan but apparently not so.

Another vote for 4 rivers and Sweet Tomatoes! Also Flippers for the best Pizza!

Thanks! I mean, it's a bit disappointing to hear that there's nothing decent but it's good information.

I did see a couple of crab places whose menu had potential. Has anyone tried Karen's or Fishbones? I thought Fishbones was the same chain as the one I had in Michigan but apparently not so.
We ate at Karen’s. It’s far away, the place is a dive, the food is served in foil pans, but boy was the food good.

As I asked in post 28 is 4 rivers a " Takeaway " or sit inside eating place
It’s both. Lots of picnic tables outside and inside.

4 Rivers and their chicken and waffles restaurant, The Coop, are very good. The same side dishes can be found at both restaurants.

The Acropolis but it's an hour away in Tampa but sometimes worth the trip to also check out Tampa while you're there!

Twistee Treat. (soft serve ice cream.)

:laughing: Always a must-do on our trips!

We have relatives in Tavares, so we generally spend part of the trip there either before or after Orlando. There's a Twistee Treat not far from them, and none of us consider the trip complete without a cone (or two...:rolleyes1).

Another vote for 4 rivers and Sweet Tomatoes! Also Flippers for the best Pizza!

And another vote for Flippers!. I do it multiple times on my trip because of the convenience of delivery and they are freaking good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter