Favorite Orlando restaurants

In no particular order:

Bahama Breeze, Ming Court, Hot Dog Heaven, El Rodeo and Charley's Steak House (Orange Blossom Trail)

We tried Key W Kool's steakhouse out on 192 and LOVED it. I am not a steak eater, but even I have to say it was the best beef I have ever tasted. It is a little pricey, but no more than a Disney restaurant. Also, my husband is a Red Lobster fan, so we go there everytime too.

Charley's Steak House and Fish Bones - same owner. Try the lobster Yum! Also Bahama Breeze.

Top 5? Top 50 would be easier, LOL!

Actually, Metro Orlando now boasts around 3,600 places to eat (OK, some of those are McDonald's so the definition is pretty loose!), and there is a growing trend for more upscale restaurants.

My top 5 budget-type restaurants would be: Jungle Jim's, Friendlys I-Drive, Sweet Tomatoes, Cracker Barrel and Golden Corral.

Top 5 mid-range: Bahama Breeze, Darryl's, Wild Jack's, Cattleman's Steakhouse, Cafe Tu Tu Tango.

Top 5 up-scale: Samba Room (Cuban/Latin), Timpano's (steak), DiVino's (Italian), The Palm (at Hard Rock Hotel, steak and lobster) and Atlantis (seafood, at the Renaissance Resort by SW).

And there's plenty more where they came from! :D

The only restraunt I go out of my way for in Orlando is Bahama Breeze. I'd also recommend Emerils (since I stay at Universal when I'm there, I don't have to go out of my way for it).

My favorite local restaurant is Pebbles. There are several locations but the most convenient for tourists are the one at the Crossroads Shopping Center in LBV and the one downtown on Church Street.

Great food, nice modern decor, and moderate prices.

I always thought Pebbles was a store. I guess I was wrong, huh? I have seen it mentioned in several posts and wondered what type of foods are served and the prices?

I suppose you could call Pebbles' menu "eclectic American cuisine."

There are always several specials listed on a menu insert with fresh seafood always one of the choices.

I'm ashamed to admit that I almost always order the Chicken Vesuvio, which is chicken chunks and snow peas in a creamy rosemary sauce over pasta. Yummy.

I also remember one meal with about 8 people where we ordered every appetizer on the menu and they were all great. There's a soft, warm goat cheese in tomato sauce appetizer that's really good.

Sorry I can't be more specific. I guess this just means I'm being forced to go back to Pebbles to refresh my memory. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter