Favorite Restaurants as a Self Conscious Solo?

I try to get to all of the following each time I go, sometime 2 times each:

BOMA breakfast buffet--love going to check out all the animals and just enjoying this beautiful resort after a great breakfast

Chefs de France--most solos at one time I ever experienced in the same vicinity--4 (5 if you include me)!

Hollywood Brown Derby

Yak & Yeti

In my upcoming solo trip days in September I really wish I could eat at Ohana, but it feels like an extra heavy blow to my solo-ness.

Ohana is soooo awesome, but eating family style without the family is pretty brutal, especially when "Ohana" means "family"! Maybe I am secretly glad I can never find a reservation for a party of one???

Now I need to find an alternate place with the yummy bread pudding where I won't stick out like a sore thumb...

Now I need to find an alternate place with the yummy bread pudding where I won't stick out like a sore thumb...

You can get it at the Tambu Lounge. And there are plenty of single chairs and bar seats where you can relax by yourself. :)

When eating solo, I tend to like the lounges and restaurants with bars. You generally don't need an ADR, and I personally find it less lonely to sit at a bar and eat than at at a table. Disney CMs and bartenders are very friendly! I also have a Nook app on my phone and am always happy to read while eating if I'm bored!
Here are some of my faves:

Epcot:
- The Wine Cellar in Italy
- Spice Road Table in Morocco (they take ADRs, but generally they take walk ups too, especially at off times.)

HS:
Prime Time Lounge
HBD Lounge

MK: No lounges here, but I love the Skipper's Canteen!

AK: Nomad Lounge (attached to Tiffins, has great service and great small plates - ribs!)
Yak & Yeti: If there's an empty seat at the bar, you can walk right in and sit down! Choose from the full menu!

Disney Springs: Anywhere! Almost all the restaurants have bars - easy to get in and sit. The Boathouse outside bar is great and has a great view, as does the Rainforest Cafe there.

Have fun!

You can get it at the Tambu Lounge. And there are plenty of single chairs and bar seats where you can relax by yourself. :)
We did that last year, although not solo, I would definitely eat there on my own. It was casual, comfortable, a great place to people watch while eating a big dish of the delicious bread pudding.

I love the counter at Jiko watching the chefs in action. Or the Bar at cali grill where you can order off menu, converse with bartender and watch the sushi chefs in action. If I'm in a restaurant alone I tend to make conversation with waiters. It's always interesting to find out about their ethnic origin, family, etc. I find that a friendly smile opens all sorts of possibilities for interesting conversation.

Raglan Road is a good choice because all the other diners are watching the stage and would have little interest in a solo diner. :-) At the check in podium, ask to be seated in the main room.
I second this. Also, I ate here alone but sat at the bar. It was great!!!

I also agree with Sci Fi and Teppan Edo solo. Great places for a solo diner. Even though you share a table at Teppan, its great because youre all looking at the chef do his thing. Its not awkward at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!