favorite shampoo

trenty

DIS Veteran
This is not really budget related because I am not necessarily looking for a budget shampoo. I am willing to spend a little money to get something worth it. So what is your favorite shampoo? I have fine, wavy hair, (but like to wear it straight) that tends to get frizzy. What have you used that you like?

My niece is a hair dresser so I have used lots of higher end products that she finds at a discount. Things like biolage. I have fine, straight hair so she gets me stuff that adds body. But my go to grocery store brand is herbal essence.

I love Lanza moisturizing shampoo/conditioner. Ulta often has it buy 2 get 1 free.

I'm currently liking the Nexxus that Costco sells in the big pump. Smells great too!

This! It was going to my recommendation. It is the Therappe and Humectress line. Love it. My hair feels feels silky soft and is shiny. I frequently get asked what I use. Most people are shocked to find out it is Nexxus.

I like the Garnier Whole Blends. I switch between the Honey Repair and the Coconut Oil Smoothing ones. I have to leave the conditioner in longer, though, 5 minutes, so it works better. I'll shampoo every 3 days with the honey, and every 2 days with the coconut (but I don't do anything else to my hair, no mousse or sprays, and no blowing drying. I don't think I even own a blow dryer, lol)

I love Paul Mitchell's tea tree line. I initially bought it for the bug-repellent properties when lice was going around DD's classroom (and I do swear by tea tree oil products to help with that) but I liked it so much that I actually buy it for myself now.

I love Paul Mitchell's tea tree line. I initially bought it for the bug-repellent properties when lice was going around DD's classroom (and I do swear by tea tree oil products to help with that) but I liked it so much that I actually buy it for myself now.

Does it actually smell like tea tree oil?

My DS and DH both use Paul Mitchell's tea tree line for their flaking scalps. Our SIL used it when we were camping together once and wasn't used to the "tingle" but the smell isn't tarry like other products on the market.

This is not really budget related because I am not necessarily looking for a budget shampoo. I am willing to spend a little money to get something worth it. So what is your favorite shampoo? I have fine, wavy hair, (but like to wear it straight) that tends to get frizzy. What have you used that you like?
I use Paul Mitchell Color Protect Shampoo followed by their leave-in conditioner. If necessary for frizz I use Chi Silk Infusion or BioSilk after I blow-dry. See if you can get samples before you buy these pricey products. That's what works for my natural wavy hair.

Last edited:
I use Paul Mitchell Color Protect Shampoo followed by their leave-in conditioner. If necessary for frizz I use Chi Silk Infusion or BioSilk after I blow-dry. See if you can get samples before you buy these pricey products. That's what works for my natural wavy hair.

thanks. I will look into the after blow dry products too.

I started using Tresemme Thick and Full formula shampoo and conditioner a couple months ago, and I love it. My thin hair has a lot more body and fullness. I have fine hair that is thinning because of medications, and this stuff makes it feel so much fuller, like it used to feel.

I usually let my hair air dry, but when I blow dry it, this stuff really makes it full.

My hair is wavy, but I use a flat iron on it. My other go-to product is Living Proof Prime Style Extender, bought at Ulta. A little bit of this in my hair after I get out of the shower, and I can go several days between washings. The Tresemme fullness lasts, combined with this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!