Favreau Enters Negotiations for Lucasfilm President

And that's fine. Let me be clear and say that I really wish that I loved TROS and am envious of anyone who did. I was primed to love it, but I don't feel like they did a good job telling the story they decided to tell and that's heartbreaking considering they billed it as the finale to the Skywalker Saga. I disliked TROS because I love, love, love the ST's first two installments so much.
This is pretty much exactly how I feel. While maybe not as much love as you for TFA and TLJ, but I thoroughly enjoyed them.

Interesting that you two aren't as down on TLJ - that seems to be the controversial one. Personally TROS is my favroite one of the sequels.

TLJ is my favourite of the 3.

That's cool. It's really the people that hate on TLJ becuase of...well, you know...that irritate me. It's honestly not my favorite Star Wars movie, but it is still a really great movie.

He wouldn't be the first Star Wars character to survive being sliced in half by a light saber. 😉

View attachment 522503

Although Snoke certainly looked not merely dead, but most sincerely dead...

View attachment 522506

I had kind of fiugred Snoke was like clones or something anyway, so the death of that body didn't necessarily mean he was gone forever. I guess I was kinda right.

I'm a lifelong Star Wars uberfan (saw the original in the theater in 1977), and while I acknowledge the flaws in some of the films, I still enjoyed the sequel trilogy overall.

Many forget how outraged people were over the prequel trilogy, particularly The Phantom Menace and Jar Jar Binks... or even Ewoks before that!

I enjoyed TLJ the least because, although humor has always been an important element in Star Wars, it just felt like pervasive and overdone slapstick comedy throughout the film. That was very distracting to me. But there were some segments of TLJ that I really enjoyed.

Were there elements of TROS that were contrived? Sure. But I don't go to movies to analyze them. I just want to have fun and I thought the sequel trilogy still delivered that. And as someone who "grew up" with the original trilogy characters, there were also some very emotional moments.

When I came out of the theater for Rise I said to my dad that I enjoyed it. It was fun.

The more I thought of it though the more I started to dislike it. I mean, holding up a Sith dagger in just the right shape? Bleh. Yay goonies.

Interesting that you two aren't as down on TLJ - that seems to be the controversial one. Personally TROS is my favroite one of the sequels.

I'm kind of even on TFA and TLJ with TROS in distant third. TLJ is unpopular with a certain crowd and massively popular with another.

When I came out of the theater for Rise I said to my dad that I enjoyed it. It was fun.

The more I thought of it though the more I started to dislike it. I mean, holding up a Sith dagger in just the right shape? Bleh. Yay goonies.

YES

At first I thought it was fine, but it doesn't hold up well to any analysis. Notice I said "fine" and not "great" upon exiting the theater.

I'm kind of even on TFA and TLJ with TROS in distant third. TLJ is unpopular with a certain crowd and massively popular with another.

I put TLJ last in the ST, but I hate saying that because people assume I that I don't like it and they assume why I don't like it. I do like it, just as I like all Star Wars movies, but it's still thrid for me, with ROS being first. Actually, the middle chapter is my least favorite in all three trilogies.

Last edited:
I put TLJ last in the ST, but I hate saying that because people assume I that I don't like it and they assume why I don't like it. I do like it just as I like all Star Wars movies, but it's still thrid for me, with ROS being first. Actually, the middle chapter is my least favorite in all three trilogies.

I hear ya, ROTJ is my fave of the OT and that's blasphemy to most!

I hear ya, ROTJ is my fave of the OT and that's blasphemy to most!

Mine too!

I rate them by Trilogy:

1. ROTJ
2. ANH
3. ESB

1. TPM
2. ROTS
3. AOTC

1. TROS
2. TFA
3. TLJ

But you might be surprised that I rank the trilogies as a whole:

1. PT
2. OT
3. ST

Again, that doesn't mean I don't like the ST - I like it quite a bit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter