Fear the Walking Dead - anyone?

I don't know. They're taking WAY too long to lay this all out. Maybe this stuff works if you binge watch it, but not when spread over this many weeks of flashbacks, etc. Ugh.

Actually I like the way they have laid this season out, it is definitely the best season they have had yet. There is enough story and action to make you want to watch each week in my opinion.

Actually I like the way they have laid this season out, it is definitely the best season they have had yet. There is enough story and action to make you want to watch each week in my opinion.
It’s definitely different. Just too much back and forth in time spread over too much time for my taste. For me, this is the kind of storytelling that can work well in a movie, but just gets on my nerves when spread over many weeks.

I think that going forward, I’ll wait until I have at least 3 episodes recorded and watch them together. Or just wait until a half season is over and watch them together.

Nothing so great is happening in these shows anymore for me to worry about hearing about a plot line elsewhere before watching (a la who-did-negan-kill)!

I don't mind the back and forth timeline but it does get me a little confused right now. Do we know why Nick was so angry with the El Camino driver? And why Luciana/Strand/Alicia have been hunting for that guy and his group (the vultures is it?)? I wasn't sure if I missed that part somehow or if that has yet to be revealed with this timeline.

I don't mind the back and forth timeline but it does get me a little confused right now. Do we know why Nick was so angry with the El Camino driver? And why Luciana/Strand/Alicia have been hunting for that guy and his group (the vultures is it?)? I wasn't sure if I missed that part somehow or if that has yet to be revealed with this timeline.

No you haven't missed it, that's what they are building to. I think there are only a couple of more episodes left before they break again.

Finally watched Sunday's show. I guess we have to assume the vultures came back, perhaps after not finding anyone else to scavenge off of. Alicia, Strand and crew have pretty much said the vultures are who destroyed their camp. I'm wondering if Naomi was in with the vultures the whole time, perhaps Charlie is actually her daughter or did they somehow recruit Naomi at some later point.

I think the only way John Dorie survives is if he is wearing a bullet proof vest. I hope he is, because I really like his character.

Anyone still watching? I'm still not sure Madison is dead. Certainly looks like it but we didn't actually see her die. We could have another dumpster-gate on our hands.

We thought the same. This is really soap opera level stuff, and there you always assume a character may come back at some point when the death isn’t witnessed. And even then.

Honestly, we laughed during a good deal of this episode... the slo-mo’s were just too much.

And the whiplash back and forth in time all half-season... ugh. And it’s a bad sign when you find yourself rooting against the characters you’ve known since episode one. Truthfully, we couldn’t care less about Madison’s death at this point. They messed with the character so much — this season was the all-life-is-precious Madison, which just didn’t work IMO.

To quote my son: “Nick made a good call. This show’s officially been Gimpled.”

I think we’re done.

Definitely Gimpled. Ugghhh.

Only like June and John at this point. Rest of them can die, starting with killer Charlie girl.

I do think we have another dumpster-gate. If Madison lives I am out.

Cant be another dumpster gate can it????? After all the flack they took from fans after the first one??? Surely they wouldn't do that again would they? Please no. The time jumps. uhg. why do they let Gimple ruin everything?????

I just read that Madison is definitely dead. I guess they confirmed it on TD. I did not watch TD yet, I have it on the DVR.

They confirmed on TD she is dead. They wrote her off, she did not quit. I wonder if that is why the actor who played Nick quit. I wasn't the biggest Madison fan but she is the central point of the show. Not sure how they can make this work No one left has a tie to anyone else. Strand was really tied to Madison, Alicia was tied to Madison and Lucina was tied to Nick. Morgan is new, John and Joan/Laura/Naomi are together but we're not invested in them.

** edited to add they had an Easter egg in Al's tapes for the Walking Dead. One of the tapes said Abe/Doctor aka Abraham and Eugene :)

Last edited:
I don’t know... all the creative talent who started these shows have not only left, they’re suing AMC. With all of this in Gimple’s hands it’s a mess.

But AMC appears to believe they’re fine, because even with precipitous ratings declines the shows aren’t bad given today’s TV ratings bars.

A shame they’ve settled for this.

I'm so confused by this whole season. The sepia toned parts are current time, right? That drove me crazy! Seemed like they tried too hard to fast forward to match the current Walking Dead timeline.

I wish they would have one of these groups go north. I"d like to see how winter treats the zombies.

They confirmed on TD she is dead. They wrote her off, she did not quit. I wonder if that is why the actor who played Nick quit. I wasn't the biggest Madison fan but she is the central point of the show. Not sure how they can make this work No one left has a tie to anyone else. Strand was really tied to Madison, Alicia was tied to Madison and Lucina was tied to Nick. Morgan is new, John and Joan/Laura/Naomi are together but we're not invested in them.

** edited to add they had an Easter egg in Al's tapes for the Walking Dead. One of the tapes said Abe/Doctor aka Abraham and Eugene :)

I haven't caught up on this season yet, but I would not be upset in the least if Madison were dead. She has been a thorn in the storyline for me since day one! But Nick -- he has come so far and turned around as a character so greatly that losing him will be it for me. No need to watch new characters being formed on a show that barely had me interested anyway

Yep, Madison is definitely dead. I agree with PP that I'm not sure where the go from here. The main characters/premise of the show are now mostly gone, so its evolving. But it would be as if Rick/Darryl/Carol were taken off Walking Dead last season and now the show is continuing on with no leads. It would feel odd, but I guess its kind of happening with Rick now leaving TWD too.

I also agree with PP that I found myself rooting against Alicia/Strand/Luciana, hoping for Naomi/John/Morgan/Al to succeed and live. They are the only likable ones now. Also funny how I hated Morgan on TWD and like him on FTWD, even though its the same character. LOL!

I know this isn't WD or Fear related directly, but did you guys hear about Chris Hardwick from TD? What do you think?

I know this isn't WD or Fear related directly, but did you guys hear about Chris Hardwick from TD? What do you think?

I was against all his contacts and shows cancelling him at first because she never named him and did date another Comic Con junkee. But then reports started coming out from people who worked with him and what a jerk he is and I was so surprised. He never came across that way -- but one never knows until you see them off camera. What a shame -- he was a good host, but that doesn't excuse him from the accusations if they turn out to be true.

I was against all his contacts and shows cancelling him at first because she never named him and did date another Comic Con junkee. But then reports started coming out from people who worked with him and what a jerk he is and I was so surprised. He never came across that way -- but one never knows until you see them off camera. What a shame -- he was a good host, but that doesn't excuse him from the accusations if they turn out to be true.

I know! He came off as such a sweet, funny, endearing nerd. I guess they have not canceled TD yet, only his new show Talking with Chris. I would think they would need solid evidence before completely canceling all his shows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter