February 2019 Discount Watch

Our's is at AKL and we saved $1500 with Disney Visa discount.
AKL is one of the resorts that qualified for the additional 10% with Disney Visa:

The following resorts are receiving an additional 10% discount through a Disney Visa:

Old Key West
Saratoga Springs
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Grand Floridian
Yacht Club
Caribbean Beach
Coronado Springs
All Star Sports
All Star Music

Any other resorts...the price is the same on Gift of Magic OR Disney Visa - no difference.

The following resorts are receiving an additional 10% discount through a Disney Visa:

Old Key West
Saratoga Springs
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Grand Floridian
Yacht Club
Caribbean Beach
Coronado Springs
All Star Sports
All Star Music

Any other resorts...the price is the same on Gift of Magic OR Disney Visa - no difference.

Should have scrolled a bit further before I clicked on the link someone provided :-).

I called this morning and switched our POP res to Coronado and saved $400 with the VISA discount!

The Stay Play Dine calculation thread for 2019 is now complete: https://www.disboards.com/threads/stay-play-dine-2019-calculation-thread.3708403/

It includes explanations of how the discount works. It also recaps the room only discount %'s and has links to all the applicable discounts.

Quick Summary: Value = 40% off QS Dining; Moderate/Deluxe = 45% of TS Dining; Some Deluxe provide a small add'l room savings).

Our's is at AKL and we saved $1500 with Disney Visa discount.
Not all room categories count for the 35%. I had a standard room booked at the regular release, but called back and it didn’t qualify under the visa discount. I upgraded to a pool view with the Disney discount for just about the same price as the regular discount.
Still hoping they might release some CR rooms.

Thanks for the visa link I was able to find a great room date at AKL told my travel agent and she was able to get us upgraded from POR to AKL for only $170 more than our original reservation! Super excited!

Staying at AOA in a cars suite Feb 25 - March 1. We are saving around $450... I'm not sure which discount because I asked my travel agent to look into it.. But I think it's the Room Only.

Disappointing that we couldn't use Stay Play Dine.

Wife and 3 boys makes it tough to find a room.

Went with a Disney Visa Discount

Was able to grab the room only discount for our Feb trip, super pleased. Now I can't decide if I should go ahead and buy tickets to lock in the rates or wait until mid October and roll the dice with the new pricing system? What are you all doing? Tickets now?

Has anyone been able to apply any discounts to a Pop Century stay starting on February 3rd? We fell within the parameters and prebooked our February vacation weeks ago in anticipation for PSD, but now it's not available for those days, and we don't want to change. I've called, etc. The cast member I spoke with said that it may be a glitch because no value resorts came up for February 3rd start days, but they came up for the 2nd. I wound up switching, for now, to CSR because it wound up being the same as the rack room for the Pop room + dining. But I would prefer to stay at Pop. Pretty disappointed that all the other days seem fine, but for whatever reason (no events or anything) our stay didn't fit into ANY of the discounts (PSD or otherwise).

Has anyone been able to apply any discounts to a Pop Century stay starting on February 3rd? We fell within the parameters and prebooked our February vacation weeks ago in anticipation for PSD, but now it's not available for those days, and we don't want to change. I've called, etc. The cast member I spoke with said that it may be a glitch because no value resorts came up for February 3rd start days, but they came up for the 2nd. I wound up switching, for now, to CSR because it wound up being the same as the rack room for the Pop room + dining. But I would prefer to stay at Pop. Pretty disappointed that all the other days seem fine, but for whatever reason (no events or anything) our stay didn't fit into ANY of the discounts (PSD or otherwise).
Pop was already booked solid for about the 7th-11th even before the discounts came out, so there was no inventory available to set aside for them. I've got a reservation there starting on the 5th, and toyed around with the possibility of a split stay to get some sort of use out of the discounts. I could have gotten the room discount on the first two nights and moved to CBR with the Visa discount for the remainder for not too much more, but I wasn't quick enough on actually pulling the trigger. So I'm just going to keep my eye out for availability changes, and I suggest you do, too.

I think that’s there is a cheering competition, so perhaps some are staying at POP.

Pop was already booked solid for about the 7th-11th even before the discounts came out, so there was no inventory available to set aside for them. I've got a reservation there starting on the 5th, and toyed around with the possibility of a split stay to get some sort of use out of the discounts. I could have gotten the room discount on the first two nights and moved to CBR with the Visa discount for the remainder for not too much more, but I wasn't quick enough on actually pulling the trigger. So I'm just going to keep my eye out for availability changes, and I suggest you do, too.

Okay, so since it was already booked solid (by me and others potentially wanting the discount) they didn't bother to really include those days in the discount. My vacation ended the 8th so that would line up. Figures. Oh well, I'm pretty excited to stay at a moderate resort! Thanks for the reply.

Was able to grab the room only discount for our Feb trip, super pleased. Now I can't decide if I should go ahead and buy tickets to lock in the rates or wait until mid October and roll the dice with the new pricing system? What are you all doing? Tickets now?

I only needed a ticket for one member of our party since most of us are AP holders. I bought a ticket from UT yesterday. Even though we arrive a couple days before Presidents Weekend, I just don’t see any way the tickets are cheaper than UT pricing.

Any idea when the AP Room Discounts will be announced ?? They are usually a bit better than the Visa discounts and can save a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter