February 2019 Discount Watch

I booked our reservation in August. We had Pop for 6 nights, standard pool view, MM and DDP.

Travel agent called this morning with the Gift of Magic Offer for room only for $149 savings. But she said if we wanted to switch to a standard room (no pool view) we could do the Stay, Play and Dine (w/ upgrade to DD) and saved $540.

It's worth $540 to us to give up the pool view.

I'm very please with my agent. It's the 3rd time I've used her. I know if we can give plugs, but I'd sure like to. :)

What website is showing the visa discount and can I have the link?

p07jmt826ggbhx2x.png

Just booked a 2/23-3/2 trip with the Gift Of Magic offer (room only) at YC (garden view). We don't have the Disney Visa, so we could only get the 25% discount. Will be watching these boards like a hawk to see when the AP rates come out...hoping for either an even bigger discount on the same room or a fantastic deal on an upgrade!

AP discounts should be any day now.........waiting anxiously. Already booked the Visa discount but that extra 10% possible with an AP rate makes a significant difference.

AP discounts should be any day now.........waiting anxiously. Already booked the Visa discount but that extra 10% possible with an AP rate makes a significant difference.

I just became an AP in September. I knew there were AP discounts, but I wasn't aware it might be more than the Visa discount. Thanks for heads up.

I just became an AP in September. I knew there were AP discounts, but I wasn't aware it might be more than the Visa discount. Thanks for heads up.

It can be up to 35%, I got 35% off my stay at the Yacht Club last year and it was quite a discount. But you have to call the MINUTE you see the deal come out because these rooms at this rate are limited.

It can be up to 35%, I got 35% off my stay at the Yacht Club last year and it was quite a discount. But you have to call the MINUTE you see the deal come out because these rooms at this rate are limited.
I've even seen it as high as 40% for some hotels and specific room categories! When the AP rates came out for our trip this past September, the AP rate for the garden cottages at BWI was 40% off. I was freaking out because we'd just stayed in the cottages on a pixie dust upgrade back in April, and it was :cloud9:, so I asked H if we could consider switching from the BC standard view we'd already booked to the garden cottage. He felt that because it was a last-minute trip (for us, at least) that we hadn't specifically budgeted for we should stick to the lower cost option, so we did, and I respected and supported his opinion and the reasoning behind it. But once we checked in and had a less-than-desirable view of a particularly unattractive rooftop from our BC standard view room, plus it rained for a lot of the trip so we couldn't use the pool/hot tub at SAB, AND he got sick one of the days, so we spent much of it in our room...he was regretting telling me not to book the garden cottage, which had a lovely in-room jacuzzi! He told me that from now on if I find a deal that great I should just take it and sell him on it later, lol!

And BTW, in all other regards the BC room was lovely, and we were indeed very fortunate to be able to afford a last-minute trip to Disney, let alone be able to stay at the BC. I fully appreciate how fortunate we are, and I truly don't mean to come off as entitled or snooty. But I just found it particularly hilarious that even my H, who is usually very practical minded and a no-frills kind of guy (he's the saver and I'm the spender, lol), had become spoiled by our incredible garden cottage at the BWI and was now giving me carte blanche to make executive decisions on pricey upgrades if the deals are good enough!

I've even seen it as high as 40% for some hotels and specific room categories! When the AP rates came out for our trip this past September, the AP rate for the garden cottages at BWI was 40% off. I was freaking out because we'd just stayed in the cottages on a pixie dust upgrade back in April, and it was :cloud9:, so I asked H if we could consider switching from the BC standard view we'd already booked to the garden cottage. He felt that because it was a last-minute trip (for us, at least) that we hadn't specifically budgeted for we should stick to the lower cost option, so we did, and I respected and supported his opinion and the reasoning behind it. But once we checked in and had a less-than-desirable view of a particularly unattractive rooftop from our BC standard view room, plus it rained for a lot of the trip so we couldn't use the pool/hot tub at SAB, AND he got sick one of the days, so we spent much of it in our room...he was regretting telling me not to book the garden cottage, which had a lovely in-room jacuzzi! He told me that from now on if I find a deal that great I should just take it and sell him on it later, lol!

And BTW, in all other regards the BC room was lovely, and we were indeed very fortunate to be able to afford a last-minute trip to Disney, let alone be able to stay at the BC. I fully appreciate how fortunate we are, and I truly don't mean to come off as entitled or snooty. But I just found it particularly hilarious that even my H, who is usually very practical minded and a no-frills kind of guy (he's the saver and I'm the spender, lol), had become spoiled by our incredible garden cottage at the BWI and was now giving me carte blanche to make executive decisions on pricey upgrades if the deals are good enough!

Thank you for this information. Safe to assume THIS is the place that will post if/when those AP discounts become available???

Thank you for this information. Safe to assume THIS is the place that will post if/when those AP discounts become available???
Definitely somewhere on the Discount Codes and Rates board...though someone may just start a new thread alerting people that the discounts are up first. Seems like that happens sometimes.

Rates out today, limited availability and not much better than the 25% Visa rate. Very disappointed, I remember getting 40% last year. The lady on the phone said there are few rooms at this rate and it seem mostly the club level and specialty rooms are the best discounts.

You guys beat me too it. AP rates out. Same feedback - no availability for value resorts for mid/late February. Limited for moderate (CBR is not available) for same time period. Good luck all! 101 Days to go!!!

I was excited - able to save about $40 on my one-night AKL reservation; a standard room for $250 including taxes, yeah I'll take it! (The rest of my Feb trip is with DVC rental points.) Now just gotta wait for the next round of discounts for my May trip!

It sounds like the AP discount availability is really limited for mods! I had a friend check the rates for Feb 5 to 14 and only Riverside was available. It would be more expensive than our current "Gift of Magical Stay" at French Quarter. We are in Canada so the Disney Visa discount is not available to us. :(
How are the discounts at the Deluxe hotels? ($250 including tax at AKL that @Lesley Wake posted does sound attractive!)

How are the discounts at the Deluxe hotels? ($250 including tax at AKL that @Lesley Wake posted does sound attractive!)
Yeah, it was awesome - though remember that is a 1-night mid-week reservation in early February (Feb 5-6)!

For your whole stay I found (these are pre-tax):
AKL - $240 Standard, $340 Savanna
AKL, Kidani - $272 Standard view studio
BWV - $310 Standard view studio
WL - $354 Courtyard
AoA - $274 family suite

Yeah, it was awesome - though remember that is a 1-night mid-week reservation in early February (Feb 5-6)!

For your whole stay I found (these are pre-tax):
AKL - $240 Standard, $340 Savanna
AKL, Kidani - $272 Standard view studio
BWV - $310 Standard view studio
WL - $354 Courtyard
AoA - $274 family suite

Thanks for looking them up! Now we'll have to decide if we want to upgrade :) It is honestly a hard decision as FQ is my favourite mod!

(And hey we'll be there at the same time!)

Thanks for looking them up! Now we'll have to decide if we want to upgrade :) It is honestly a hard decision as FQ is my favourite mod!

(And hey we'll be there at the same time!)
Yeah, I loved POFQ when we stayed there. But I also loved AKL when I stayed there in March! (Hence why I booked it for one night, which is a surprise to my mom.) From your signature, it looks like you've only done Value and Moderate stays so far. I'd seriously consider the upgrade for AKL or something similar, especially because once SWGE opens I'm guessing rates will go up even more and discounts will be even harder to get! And for a longer stay, I would love to be able to explore so much of what AKL has to offer!

And yes, we will be there at the same time! I'm looking forward to Festival of the Arts so much! And I'm going on my first cruise - woohoo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!