February 2019 - Love, Love Love ... A month of loving Disney, Healthy Living, Yourself

Thank you @4Mickeys My brother played rugby it is not big here but it is around. I can't wait to tell my kids tonight. They love when I tell them stuff about other counties especially by DS.

My Woohoo today is that I have drank 20 oz of water everyday this month but 1. It has become easier and almost like second nature.

@mickeymom77, I lived through a renovation of our HS and I won’t lie-it’s stressful. And I didn’t have to pack up the library until the last couple weeks of school. So I feel for you!

Well, with this cold and dreary weather, any day I don’t come home from the grocery store with a cheesecake is a woo-hoo.
I am really tired of winter.

I wanted to do my measurements this morning, but I'm running a little late and would rather get my workout in before the household wakes up. But I did step on the scale and so far for the month, I'm down 6 pounds. My goal was 5 pounds. So that's a big woohoo. :goodvibes

That is a big WOOHOO :jumping1:

And usually when I am stressed, I wake up in the middle of the night and then can't go back to sleep because I just keep thinking of everything I have to do. But the last three nights I have slept through the night. So I think I'm managing the stress pretty well! :goodvibes

You sound like you are doing well considering how disruptive that must feel whilst you still have plenty of school year left! I like how you were acknowledging what you have no control over and just focusing at what you need to do ... so definitely WOOHOO for coping with that stress :jumping1:

My Woohoo today is that I have drank 20 oz of water everyday this month but 1. It has become easier and almost like second nature.

You have worked hard on this goal this month! And you're right it does get easier and starts to become the normal go to :jumping1:

Thank you @4Mickeys My brother played rugby it is not big here but it is around. I can't wait to tell my kids tonight. They love when I tell them stuff about other counties especially by DS.

Oh cute - I forgot to say that for kids playing sport the other big 2 are soccer and netball.

what are you woohooing today??

Firstly, thank you all for your pixie dust and good wishes :flower1:

My WOOHOO is it worked, progress has been made - I am not where I need to be but the numbers moved in the right directions :-)

Overall cholesterol down
Good cholesterol up
Bad cholesterol down
Blood Glucose down

Doctor was happy and basically have to keep on doing what I am doing :-)

Well, with this cold and dreary weather, any day I don’t come home from the grocery store with a cheesecake is a woo-hoo.
I am really tired of winter.

You get the bouncing smarties too because have the resolve to not buy yummy cheesecake when you feel bad is WOOHOO :jumping1:

It is already my Thursday morning - which reminds me we are soooo close to the end of the month and we need a wonderful NEW HOST for MARCH ...

Also, I have an interview today for my job - it is to go up a pay classification - so I basically just have to talk about how I do my job with increased experience, knowledge and support of colleagues compared with a newer therapist. Still a little stressful though - I really need the extra $$$

My WOOHOO is it worked, progress has been made - I am not where I need to be but the numbers moved in the right directions :-)

Overall cholesterol down
Good cholesterol up
Bad cholesterol down
Blood Glucose down

:banana::banana::banana:Well, this deserves dancing bananas! Woohoo indeed!

Popping in for a quick Wednesday "Hello".

I don't even feel like I was on vacation last week... I did head to the beach on Tuesday, then Wednesday evening I got notified that I had to make a business trip this week, so I ended up cutting my beach time short and heading up to my Sister's Thursday morning so I could get home a day early and have the weekend to get ready to be gone this week. It was a productive weekend of cleaning and organizing, so there's that. And the house will be nice and shiny when I get home.

One of the things I was looking forward to at the beach was some really yummy food, but I was slightly disappointed this time. The best things I had were a Pot au Peanut Cream dessert, that had bacon shortbread cookie and the best whipped cream I've ever eaten, and a Hemingway Daiquiri that was soooo good I almost had two, and I never drink two cocktails in a single seating. Neither was exactly healthy, but if bad choices are going to be made, I say let's make them really, really worth it.

I fly home Friday, and hope that this is the last trip for a while... fingers crossed. I've felt so unsettled and unfocused this month, I really need to gather myself up.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Hello all .... it is here the last day of the Love Love Love Month of February :love:

We have had a LOVELY month of supporting each other, loving ourselves and sharing our love of Disney. Thank you all for your chatter and willingness to share :love:

Let's finish off by checking in and sharing how you went with your goals for the month - did you achieve them? did you make good progress if you didn't? did you learn more something you can apply next month?

And lastly - name one thing you LOVED about your healthy journey in February!

WE STILL NEED SOMEONE TO TAKE US INTO MARCH :hourglass

My original goals:

Maintain increased water consumption/reduced soft drink indulgence
Follow the Keto meal plans
Increase my weekly walk to 2 times per week
Make better use of the swimming pools in the complex where I live

Let's finish off by checking in and sharing how you went with your goals for the month - did you achieve them? did you make good progress if you didn't? did you learn more something you can apply next month?
l

Maintain increased water consumption /reduced soft drink indulgence - YES
Follow the Keto meal plans - YES
Increase my walks to 2 times per week - NO - it has stayed at 1 per week.
Make better use of the swimming pools where I live - NO

So I achieved 50% of my goals. I think the 2 I did achieve are pretty important to my journey though. Next month I need to carry over the motivation I have to walk with my friend to a walk with at least one of the kids.

Feeling like I may have found an eating style I can stick with longer term and help me improve my health. As well as all the chatter with you guys as well :-)

Let's finish off by checking in and sharing how you went with your goals for the month - did you achieve them?
February Goals:
*continue daily workout routine - YES
*continue with 12,000 daily steps goal (aiming to get at least 5 out of 7 days) - NO (but over 10,000 everyday except 2 this month)
*continue "walking to Disney" with the goal of making 1048 steps by July Disney trip (tracking Jan-July) - YES
*continue to meal plan for the week with healthier, portion controlled meals - YES
*continue to drink 80 ounces of water a day -YES
*hoping to lose 5 pounds this month - YES

I loved trying new recipes and am starting to enjoy cooking.

Overall cholesterol down
Good cholesterol up
Bad cholesterol down
Blood Glucose down

That's wonderful! Your hard work is paying off! Woohoo!!!:cool1:

Oh cute - I forgot to say that for kids playing sport the other big 2 are soccer and netball.

What is netball? I have never heard of that one.

Also, I have an interview today for my job - it is to go up a pay classification - so I basically just have to talk about how I do my job with increased experience, knowledge and support of colleagues compared with a newer therapist. Still a little stressful though - I really need the extra $$$

Good Luck. You will do great.

Here were my goals for the month.
  • only drink pop once a week
  • drink at least 20oz of water a day
  • get at least 30 minutes of active minutes (through the fitbit) a day
  • get 10,000 a day.
I drank pop more then I wanted but I never drank a full can/glass so I am drinking less. I need to carry this over to March
I drank 20 oz. of water every day but 1. I will up this to 30 oz for March
I didn't get 30 minutes a day but I did average 30 minutes a day. I will up this to 45 minutes for March
I didn't even get close to 10,000 steps. need to work harder at this.

I still gained weight so my main focus for March will be to track my food. I think this will help a ton as I know my eating has been horrible.

I loved that I am starting to crave water more so then pop. My starting out small and working my way up is working. This is a huge step for me.

My original goals:

I'm in, hoping to get my January goals (drinking more water and keeping up with my exercise plan) back on track after a rough last week.

I definitely finished February stronger than January, meeting my goal in the other thread this time (Paris Exercise Challenge, here on the W.I.S.H. board) and doing better with water again.

The inspiration from everyone here, and that my scale moved down just a little!
WE STILL NEED SOMEONE TO TAKE US INTO MARCH :hourglass

I'm fairly new on the thread, but I'm willing to take a stab at March if nobody else is available.

Last edited:
As I alluded to yesterday, I don't feel like I was even in February. I was somewhere else and the month just slipped by without my participation, so I can't claim any success in reaching any of my goals. I need to figure out a way to get myself back into the center of my life, with my feet planted firmly on the ground in order to make a success out of March.

Well, I was not as active as I had hoped to be this past month. I need to focus on that next month. I did manage to eat sensibly (most of the time) and I am much better on my water consumption. I take comfort that many of you struggle with that as well. Most of my friends drink only water (if we’re not having cocktails!) that I usually feel like the only person that would rather drink a Diet Coke.

4Mickeys, thank you so much for hosting this past month-and for everyone that checked in. I truly looked forward to every day to see how everyone is doing. Thank you for helping me stay on track!

And thank you, PollyannaMom for picking up next month!

What is netball? I have never heard of that one.

It is very popular with girls - although there are some mixed adult teams for fun (well kind of fun you know how competitive some people can be). Its kind of more restricted version of basketball I suppose - but no bouncing - passing the ball and once you catch it you can only take one step - so you have to pass to move the ball around the court. It can get pretty rough the elbows and shoulders to get that ball!

I'm fairly new on the thread, but I'm willing to take a stab at March if nobody else is available

You will do a great job - first time is always a little nerve wracking - but then you just realise its chatting with your friends anyway but your just starting the conversation :-)

Most of my friends drink only water (if we’re not having cocktails!) that I usually feel like the only person that would rather drink a Diet Coke.

I know this feeling - it is either they drink water or coffee! and I would be the only one there with a soft drink :D

Oh I forgot to say I managed to lose 4.6pounds this month :yay:

Greetings from the plateau of crankiness!!!

My hiking "passport" *STILL* hasn't arrived, so my daytrip for tomorrow is not happening. I'm super-grumpy about it. My woohoo yesterday would have been that I've been making progress getting ready for the road trip mid-march, got most of my lightweight (physically,) yet magically warm layer clothes, and my plan is pretty solid now... but it's hard to be excited about it when I'm stuck waiting for the book that should have been here by now. I was really psyched to go tomorrow :( But if I don't have the passport, I can't get it validated, and then it "doesn't count." (I'm not driving 1.5 hours and hiking 6.3 miles for it not to count... I'm too lazy for that!!!)

And this week I lost a whopping 3 ounces. It's still a loss, and not a gain, and maybe (just maybe) I've started to replace a little bit of fat with muscle, but I'm too cranky about not adventuring tomorrow to care.

Now, obviously, I'm overreacting...The trail is not going anywhere, the weather tomorrow wasn't predicted to be the best, anyway, etc... but logic has no place here, I want my adventure!!!! WAAAAaaaahhhh!!! :sad:

(But thanks so much to 4Mickeys for hosting this month... it made the miserable winter a little more bearable to remember that it's summer somewhere! And thanks Pollyanna mom for picking up next month!)

I'm not driving 1.5 hours and hiking 6.3 miles for it not to count... I'm too lazy for that!!!

Now, obviously, I'm overreacting...The trail is not going anywhere, the weather tomorrow wasn't predicted to be the best, anyway, etc... but logic has no place here, I want my adventure!!!! WAAAAaaaahhhh!!! :sad:

Its not lazy - I think as big an adventure and physical pursuit as this deserves to have it all COUNT - a little overreaction is ok sometimes - we all do it especially when we have been looking forward to it :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!