***February 2019***

Hi Everyone, we will be there Feb 2 - 9, staying offsite. My parents are driving down and myself, DH, DS8, DS6 & DS2 will be flying. Hoping for good weather! I haven't bought park tickets yet but I think the plan is to get 5 day park hoppers and a possible side trip to Legoland.

Hello! This is my first post after lurking for a few months lol. My DD and I will be staying at the Poly 2/9-2/14 and then on to the Hard Rock 2/14 to 2/17. We booked DAH on 2/14 also. So excited but nervous about crowd levels after reading about last February!:yay:

Last edited:
We just booked, I was holding out in case a sale happened but after the announcement today I decided we should just book.
So we're booked at ASMo 02/23 - 02/27! Our first stay on site, I'm so excited!

We'll be there the same time, if we can't get SDP for Pop we might try ASMo, we liked it last time we stayed there

Awesome! I stayed at ASMo in March with my mom for the first time and we were pleasantly surprised, Pop and ASMo are both great!

We are going Feb 13-18 for a dance competition on Feb 17th. The group rate hotel will be the POP, so that is most likely where we will stay, but we haven't received the info to book yet. Tickets are bought, though!

So, I finally got a room booked!

Took advantage of the room-only discount that was released, and while all of the values were sold out, unfortunately, I got 5 nights at Caribbean Beach Resort, with a discount, for a decent rate! I'll still keep an eye on if anything opens at the values, but I'm pretty pumped about CBR! I haven't stayed there in years, and while it will still have some construction going on, with the gondolas and the new hotel, it looks like most of the actual stuff within the resort should be nice and shiny and done!

So, that means my room and ADRs are all done! Will be upgrading the 3 day PH I have for my Dec trip to an AP when I'm down there, and just need to book airfare once all my bonus TrueBlue points come through from my new Jetblue credit card. Gahhh, I'm so excited!

:banana::banana::banana::jumping1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I got an e-mail about the Disney Visa Cardholder discount and my husband and I talked ourselves into a quick February trip! We will be at All-Star Music Feb 11-14

It's easily one of my favorite shows ever. I was excited when I saw "Brown Coat" haha. I almost had a Kaylee moment

I actually have the cunning hat, lol. Me wearing it used to be my profile pic on here, which was the inspiration for my tag.

firefly.JPG

Buuut, back to Disney :rotfl: Exciting that you'll be there for the race. I've done two RunDisney races so far, gotta check more off of my list.

I got an e-mail about the Disney Visa Cardholder discount and my husband and I talked ourselves into a quick February trip! We will be at All-Star Music Feb 11-14

Yay! Gotta love those impulse buy Disney trips! You'll be arriving the day after I leave!

I actually have the cunning hat, lol. Me wearing it used to be my profile pic on here, which was the inspiration for my tag.

View attachment 354392

Buuut, back to Disney :rotfl: Exciting that you'll be there for the race. I've done two RunDisney races so far, gotta check more off of my list.

Oh yeah. Disney :stitch2: This will be my first race of any kind so its going to be interesting haha. I wish DL still did them. Working on planning my first trip out there for sometime after my Feb WDW trip

Oh yeah. Disney :stitch2: This will be my first race of any kind so its going to be interesting haha. I wish DL still did them. Working on planning my first trip out there for sometime after my Feb WDW trip

Oooh, that's so exciting that your first ever race is a Disney race! You'll love it, they're a lot of fun. Just be prepared for the first mile or two to be pretty crowded, there's a lot of runners. I've done a bunch of races, hoping to make it through my first full marathon this November, but sadly it's not a Disney one :sad:

I was really lucky that I got to do a DL race last year, the Tinker Bell Half (my current avatar pic). I didn't know at the time that it would be my last chance to do a DL race for the foreseeable future! I might aim for the Wine & Dine Half next year as my next Disney race, as I'll have an AP.

Oooh, that's so exciting that your first ever race is a Disney race! You'll love it, they're a lot of fun. Just be prepared for the first mile or two to be pretty crowded, there's a lot of runners. I've done a bunch of races, hoping to make it through my first full marathon this November, but sadly it's not a Disney one :sad:

I was really lucky that I got to do a DL race last year, the Tinker Bell Half (my current avatar pic). I didn't know at the time that it would be my last chance to do a DL race for the foreseeable future! I might aim for the Wine & Dine Half next year as my next Disney race, as I'll have an AP.

I'm thinking about doing a local 10k so I can submit a time and better spot in the race so I don't have to deal with as much of the crowd. And I need to practice waking up at 3am and running haha. That is going to be the hardest part for me. I love my sleep.

There are rumblings that the DL races will return in 2020. It makes sense to not have them butting up against the opening of Galaxy's Edge. That would be a nightmare.

Congrats on the Tinker Bell half!

I'm thinking about doing a local 10k so I can submit a time and better spot in the race so I don't have to deal with as much of the crowd. And I need to practice waking up at 3am and running haha. That is going to be the hardest part for me. I love my sleep.

There are rumblings that the DL races will return in 2020. It makes sense to not have them butting up against the opening of Galaxy's Edge. That would be a nightmare.

Congrats on the Tinker Bell half!

Not a bad idea to get the proof of time. Tough to choose though, between having a non-Disney race as your first, but a better corral, vs having your first race be Disney but starting in the back. And, just so you're aware, unless you're in the front of the first corral you'll still run into crowds in the first mile or two, lol. I'm not super duper speedy but I went and found a pic where I can see my race bib and it looks like I was in corral B, and I was still dodging and jigging around people for the first couple miles. The benefit to this, of course, is that it makes it pretty impossible to fall into the cardinal newbie race mistake - starting out way too fast and burning out :rotfl: Either way though, you'll have a blast!

And that's good to hear about DL 2020. I'd heard they had been cancelled due to clashes with the city of Anaheim, so hopefully all of the construction being finished will put an end to that.

Not a bad idea to get the proof of time. Tough to choose though, between having a non-Disney race as your first, but a better corral, vs having your first race be Disney but starting in the back. And, just so you're aware, unless you're in the front of the first corral you'll still run into crowds in the first mile or two, lol. I'm not super duper speedy but I went and found a pic where I can see my race bib and it looks like I was in corral B, and I was still dodging and jigging around people for the first couple miles. The benefit to this, of course, is that it makes it pretty impossible to fall into the cardinal newbie race mistake - starting out way too fast and burning out :rotfl: Either way though, you'll have a blast!

And that's good to hear about DL 2020. I'd heard they had been cancelled due to clashes with the city of Anaheim, so hopefully all of the construction being finished will put an end to that.

There was definitely some drama with the city and the former President of DLR and I am sure it that played a part.

If they bring back the races to DLR I will be doing them more often haha. I really want to do the one DL Paris

Hey everyone! We'll be there Feb 27th-March 3rd; staying at the Poly. We're super excited because we'll get to see 2 Epcot festivals in one trip since The Arts ends on the the 27th and the Flower and Garden starts on the 28th!! I've already booked ADR's but I'm impatiently waiting on park hours! >.< April

Hey everyone! We'll be there Feb 27th-March 3rd; staying at the Poly. We're super excited because we'll get to see 2 Epcot festivals in one trip since The Arts ends on the the 27th and the Flower and Garden starts on the 28th!! I've already booked ADR's but I'm impatiently waiting on park hours! >.< April

I believe the Flower and Garden starts on March 6th. At least that is what it said on the WDW website. :(

OK - so there is a *fingers crossed* chance that DH and I are going for a kid-free weekend to WDW from Feb. 15-19th!! We were going to go to Vegas, and then DH got a PIN code for a visit 30-35% off or a 40% off if we took a DVC tour but it was going to be ~$2k for a 1br at Saratoga for the 4 nights, and then we'd still need tickets and food....so that was a NO-GO for DH...yeah, he wasn't ready to drop $5k for the long weekend....(at this point we were taking our 16 yr old with us)
and then I started thinking.....I have a TON of SW miles and did you know you could redeem them for hotel stays at WDW?? YES YOU CAN!!! :banana:

anyway, I can get the SWAN for 4 nights, in a king room FOR FREE!! and still have enough points left over for 2 free flights - that only leaves park tickets and food - which would be WAY cheaper than taking me to Vegas for 4 nights!! :cool1:

We're waiting to hear if DH has a big meeting scheduled for our dates in Feb, and if not...the I'm booking Disney for almost free!!

I've already started looking at dining...:rolleyes1

and with NO KIDS (the 16 yr old wants to skip Disney!!??), ahhhh...be still my beating heart...not that I don't love my teenage boys, but come on....AND DH has agreed to a DVC tour!! :love::love::rolleyes1:rolleyes1

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

anyway - we have always gone in June - and sweatted our butts off!! What is February like?? Can I wear shorts or do I need pants? I'm not usually cold natured..and we're from the middle of NC so our weather/temperature is sorta similar to FL.

thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!