February 2020 Car Rental

I already have a reservation with the coupon for our trip 2/1-2/5. But of course I check every day to see if prices have dropped. The coupon did not work for me yesterday or today at all. I guess I will try as early in the morning as I can if it's only working in the mornings. I've been a long time Alamo Insider and only use them for our trips, gotta say this is strange. :confused3

I already have a reservation with the coupon for our trip 2/1-2/5. But of course I check every day to see if prices have dropped. The coupon did not work for me yesterday or today at all. I guess I will try as early in the morning as I can if it's only working in the mornings. I've been a long time Alamo Insider and only use them for our trips, gotta say this is strange. :confused3

Check your reservation. I tried pulling mine up, but got an error message about the coupon and I can’t even see my reservation. Not sure what’s going on here.

Wow, very little posting for a February 2020 Car Rental thread. I'm guess the higher prices are keeping people from renting. I was so focused on my January trip that I neglected to look for a car for Princess weekend. The prices are just crazy. I made a reservation with Avis using my corporate discount. Standard (2/20-2/24) for $203.90. Obviously hope to do better. Lol.

Check your reservation. I tried pulling mine up, but got an error message about the coupon and I can’t even see my reservation. Not sure what’s going on here.
Same here. I really don't understand this. Will they not honor my reservation now? I have the confirmation email but wanted to do online check in right before we go so I can go directly to the garage. And the prices are way higher now so I can't just re book! :headache:
Our trip is 2 weeks from Saturday.

Same here. I really don't understand this. Will they not honor my reservation now? I have the confirmation email but wanted to do online check in right before we go so I can go directly to the garage. And the prices are way higher now so I can't just re book! :headache:
Same for ours, we arrive the last week of January and have a few days in February. I can't even cancel the ones that are coming up with the coupon issue.

Same for ours, we arrive the last week of January and have a few days in February. I can't even cancel the ones that are coming up with the coupon issue.
I called to cancel one of my reservations for pickup this Saturday that had the coupon on it and it seemed like the phone cancelation worked. I'll just check in at the automated kiosk when I get to MCO or at the counter since online check in isn't working.

I called to cancel one of my reservations for pickup this Saturday that had the coupon on it and it seemed like the phone cancelation worked. I'll just check in at the automated kiosk when I get to MCO or at the counter since online check in isn't working.
I just did the same with the reservation I had, I was able to book a cheaper reservation so it doesn't really bother me except I want to take advantage of the skip the counter and don't want any hiccups.

I'm seeing the same thing. This is frustrating. Clearly the coupon is no longer valid and now it is negating the entire reservation. Not sure what to do here.

BTW, are there any other Alamo coupons that are working?

Someone posted in another thread that they emailed Alamo to confirm their reservation and a new confirmation email was sent to them. But my concern is that if you can’t see your booking online, you can’t do online check-in. I ended up rebooking without the coupon and it’s $13 more. I guess I’ll have to go with that one.

I need a 8 day rental from Feb 2-9. Just started looking today and booked a mid-sized SUV from Budget via Priceline for $262.69. I am fine with a tiny economy too (just DH and I) but the SUV was cheaper lol.

I set up a tracker on Autoslash.com and will keep looking. Would really prefer to only pay about $150.

Wow, very little posting for a February 2020 Car Rental thread. I'm guess the higher prices are keeping people from renting. I was so focused on my January trip that I neglected to look for a car for Princess weekend. The prices are just crazy. I made a reservation with Avis using my corporate discount. Standard (2/20-2/24) for $203.90. Obviously hope to do better. Lol.

I've been (fairly) obsessively checking and my rates are no where near where I hoped they'd be for my two weeks at the end of Feb/beginning of March. I wasn't sure if it was extra busy at the end of Presidents Day week/Princess Marathon being part of the issue, but I'm really surprised at how high the prices are. We arrive the 21st and the following two weeks are supposedly a "slower" time (aside from the first two days for marathon weekend) and my daily rate is way higher than it was for a 10 day trip over Christmas a couple years ago.

Just to let everyone know about my experience so far with coupon AD6809JDH. I have two reservations (Jan23-18 FLL and Feb20-26 MCO) with this coupon and Costco and I am not able to adjust or check in for either of my reservations so I called Alamo and after talking to three associates the end result was that I could keep the reservation rate but I would not be able to do the on line check in and go straight to the garage. She offered to rebook for me just using the Costco code but the rate went up $25 so kept the coupon and will be using the desk or kiosk which she said would work. We don't arrive until 11:45pm so I am not really looking forward to standing in the usually long lines at the counter. The coupon issue is something I have never encountered before after years of booking with Costco and a coupon.

Just to let everyone know about my experience so far with coupon AD6809JDH. I have two reservations (Jan23-18 FLL and Feb20-26 MCO) with this coupon and Costco and I am not able to adjust or check in for either of my reservations so I called Alamo and after talking to three associates the end result was that I could keep the reservation rate but I would not be able to do the on line check in and go straight to the garage. She offered to rebook for me just using the Costco code but the rate went up $25 so kept the coupon and will be using the desk or kiosk which she said would work. We don't arrive until 11:45pm so I am not really looking forward to standing in the usually long lines at the counter. The coupon issue is something I have never encountered before after years of booking with Costco and a coupon.

Thanks for posting. I have never experienced anything like this either after years of using Alamo. I was really hoping it was just a glitch and would be cleared up in a few days!! :rolleyes:

I never posted on this thread because the first post was about Alamo codes. I have a reservation with Budget (through Costco) picking up at the Holiday Inn by Universal and returning at MCO. Feb 8-21, $294. It is for a compact car but in my experience at the hotels they give you whatever they have on hand (last time I got a 7 passenger SUV for my compact reservation). I reserved it Dec 5 and the rates have doubled since then.

I have always booked going through the Costco website, never directly at the rental company site.

I book thru the Costco website, and let them apply coupons. A few days before the trip, when I have pretty much given up on a lower rate, I go onto Alamo's site and do the whole check in online thing. I enter the 2nd free driver info, if there is one, and print the paperwork.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter