*** February 2021 Thread ***

@Tattylou - we had the same thoughts, but went ahead and booked our vacation for Feb 2021 anyway! We had the same thoughts as @Memorymakerfor4 that "it's got to be better".

We also got the "cancel for any reason" add on to our usual travel insurance as a just-in-case. At least we have something fun and exciting to look forward to over these past/next few weeks!

Did you book a WDW trip? I'm actually surprised how expensive the Boston to Orlando flights are for next Feb!
What kind of cancel for any reason insurance did you buy? (Are you allowed to tell.me that?)
Thanks

@Tattylou --- I'm keeping our room-only that we booked earlier this year. While Disney is the furthest thing from my mind at the moment, I am holding out hope that things will be back to normal by then. I need something I can look forward to! See, even got my ticker below ☺

@Tattylou --- I'm keeping our room-only that we booked earlier this year. While Disney is the furthest thing from my mind at the moment, I am holding out hope that things will be back to normal by then. I need something I can look forward to! See, even got my ticker below ☺

I keep looking at the flights for Feb 14- 20, 2021. I feel like it is sort of crazy to buy plane tickets right now, but I also really want something to look forward to....I know in light if everything happening that this is ridiculous to be pondering, but I need a distraction.....

We are planning on Feb 7-17th 2021, although my room only extends a few days either side of those dates so we have some flexibility before we make the final decision. We *have* to be there on the 16th for our 30th Anniversary according to my husband, or I would have chosen a less busy week and celebrated our anniversary anyhow. Big challenge is going to be getting him the CRT breakfast on our Anniversary that he really wants. He has told me what he wants for this trip, it is my job to make it happen. Pop Century (he wants the Gondolas), Deluxe Dining Plan (with some specific ADRs), CRT on our Anniversary, Star Wars everything.... It is going to be entertaining putting this together. I am putting my foot down and insisting that I get to eat with Snow White, but other than that I am working on making his dream come true. Ah well, I at least have time to make an attack plan to get this together.

I'm HERE and IN!! I've had this Feb 2021 trip planned since LAST summer!! My DH and I are taking my (adult) cousin to WDW for her first trip (that she'll remember) and I'm so stinking excited!! DH and I went to WDW over President's weekend in 2019 and it was way more crowded that we thought so when my cousin and I were talking about taking her we decided to do the week before the holiday!

We're staying at CCV and it was supposed to be our 2nd stay there after becoming DVC members but our family trip for this June has been cancelled and I can't get a room at CCV so I think we'll try to stay at BCV when my 7-month booking window opens next month!

DH and I LOVED the February weather - we wore shorts during the day and pants some nights but it was SO much cooler during the day vs. the June temps we're used to - instead of 3 showers a day we were down to just one! HA! :rotfl2:

oh, and we're there Feb 7-12th!!

Rescheduled 4/25-5/2 trip to 2/20-2/27/2021. DS23 and I first trip back together since 2009, was so looking forward to April trip ( just like everyone else)

We had our March trip canceled for us, so had to rebook. We were on DVC points through a broker, and originally they weren't issuing credits, just asking the member to work with you so we had to reschedule for Thanksgiving. They switched to giving credits so we are now Feb 14-20 at the Boardwalk. We feel very fortunate that we got our dates. It will be Mardi Gras week and we will be out of school.

We went down the last week of February this year and are planning on heading down around the same time next year. Originally we were also going down in September of this year - but with everything going on we are going to do two 2021 trips instead!

We're probably rescheduling our August trip to February. Haven't officially canceled yet but we're not going without character meets since my girls mainly want to go to see princesses. We already rescheduled April to August so we're hoping third time is the charm. We're thinking end of February but haven't booked yet and can't right now since they're not accepting new bookings. Any advice about February? What's the weather typically? We'd like to avoid crowds so would late February be a good time?

We're probably rescheduling our August trip to February. Haven't officially canceled yet but we're not going without character meets since my girls mainly want to go to see princesses. We already rescheduled April to August so we're hoping third time is the charm. We're thinking end of February but haven't booked yet and can't right now since they're not accepting new bookings. Any advice about February? What's the weather typically? We'd like to avoid crowds so would late February be a good time?

Hi Feberin. Welcome to February!!!
I can't speak for late February, as we usually go early in the month. I think as long as you avoid the week of Presidents Day, the crowds are manageable. I've never been in August, so I don't know how to compare August to February. Weather can be a rollercoaster. We've had weeks where it was as high as 90 and as low as 55 during the day, so expect anything.

I'm hoping that February will have as much of a return to normal as possible. I wouldn't want to go to Disney without the character interactions and character dining. If those things aren't back when I'm planning to go, I'll postpone the trip. For me personally, character meetings are my main draw.

Is anyone nervous about all the covid rescheduling and not getting the trip you are planning in February? I am worried by the time packages drop there won't be any rooms or tickets left to be had. So many people are canceling 2020 trips and rescheduling for 2021 and there is (as of right now) limited capacity.

Hi Feberin. Welcome to February!!!
I can't speak for late February, as we usually go early in the month. I think as long as you avoid the week of Presidents Day, the crowds are manageable. I've never been in August, so I don't know how to compare August to February. Weather can be a rollercoaster. We've had weeks where it was as high as 90 and as low as 55 during the day, so expect anything.

I'm hoping that February will have as much of a return to normal as possible. I wouldn't want to go to Disney without the character interactions and character dining. If those things aren't back when I'm planning to go, I'll postpone the trip. For me personally, character meetings are my main draw.

We actually haven't been in August before. Just May six years ago. I went in November and another month as a child. Weather in the fifties would be preferable for my husband. We'd be fine with warmer weather too. Just so it's not below freezing I'd be OK. Packing will definitely be interesting with such a large possible range.

We'd definitely reschedule again if there are no character meals. Does anyone know if they're actually not doing dining plans until September 2021 or was that a typo?

I read somewhere that dining plans are probably canceled thoughout 2020. Does anyone think they will be back for 2021? I really wanted to do deluxe dining for our 30th anniversary trip, but we are talking about just buying visa cards and doing that instead. Hubby has promised that if I have ADRs he will stop and eat even if the meals aren't already paid for like with a dining plan. (I don't really trust Mr "OhLookaChicken" on that but it is what it is)

We actually haven't been in August before. Just May six years ago. I went in November and another month as a child. Weather in the fifties would be preferable for my husband. We'd be fine with warmer weather too. Just so it's not below freezing I'd be OK. Packing will definitely be interesting with such a large possible range.

We'd definitely reschedule again if there are no character meals. Does anyone know if they're actually not doing dining plans until September 2021 or was that a typo?

September 2021 was a typo. I dont' know when they will be available again though, or how "normal" February will be. This is my biggest fear right now.

Hi Everyone!

We cancelled our November 2020 cruise/park trip and decided to go in February 2021 instead. We are DVC and currently staying in our home resort AKL Kidani but hoping to switch over at the 7 month mark. Also hoping to register for the Princess Half Marathon tomorrow. Praying things are close to semi-normal operations by February.

Booked DVC home resort for Feb. 14-17! Whoop!! Hoping park hopping returns by then! Any word on EPCOT Arts Festival or similar being on in mid-Feb? :charac2::artist:

We booked for Pop for tbe 21st-28th! We thought we'd get a room discount for rescheduling a previously canceled trip but that deal ended in 2020. Hopefully we can snag some discount on something! Also hope character dining and meet and greets are happening. If things aren't closer to normal we're going to cancel again and book for 2022. This is our first trip since 2014 and our third attempt to take this trip rescheduling from 4/20 and 8/20.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!