*** February 2021 Thread ***

We booked for Pop for tbe 21st-28th! We thought we'd get a room discount for rescheduling a previously canceled trip but that deal ended in 2020. Hopefully we can snag some discount on something! Also hope character dining and meet and greets are happening. If things aren't closer to normal we're going to cancel again and book for 2022. This is our first trip since 2014 and our third attempt to take this trip rescheduling from 4/20 and 8/20.

I hear you, Feberin. Our February 2021 trip is a rescheduled one from this past February ---- we have an old dog who isn't doing very well and we didn't want to leave him for 10 days. And now I'm afraid we won't even get to go in 2021. My husband and I agree that if we can't get to our character meets and dining, we'll postpone to 2022 also. Ugh, I hate this.

We've had room-only at CBR since February of this year. Haven't purchased tickets yet. I just don't want to go through the whole process and then wind up cancelling again. It rips my heart out when I have to do that.

We are still planning for Feb. 2021- - I was able to buy a ticket for my cousin, link it to MDE and then get us park reservation passes!

I'm really, really, really hoping that character meals are back by then since she really wants to eat with a Princess!

I don't want to think about having to push this trip out farther!!

We normally go in late August (DW is a teacher) but because this year we do not feel comforatble bringing DS2 when/if we still go next month we are venturing out into the world of February break. I know it will be more money and could be much much busier, but I guess I am hoping the crowds early next year will still be slightly lower than normal. Excited to go when its not 100 degrees outside.

February 14 to 18 at (for now) CBR :) Meeting up with some of our wonderful DIS friends we often travel with for a slightly early birthday celebration for me🎂

Just cancelled my trip this September😢 I have rescheduled for February 6-12 2021. Was originally at Pop Century but since I now have some additional months to save, I have decided to book the Gran Destino tower at Coronado springs. Stayed there last September and has probably become my favorite moderate resort.

We're in for a July do-over (should be packing to leave on Tuesday) for Feb Break, plus Princess race weekend! At least the weather is nicer in Feb and we got our favorite AKV reservation!

We're in for a July do-over (should be packing to leave on Tuesday) for Feb Break, plus Princess race weekend! At least the weather is nicer in Feb and we got our favorite AKV reservation!
Definitely nice weather in Feb! The last 2 years we were there in January and February; January had our winter coats on along with hats and gloves lol and 3 weeks later wore shorts and tank tops in February :thumbsup2

Definitely nice weather in Feb! The last 2 years we were there in January and February; January had our winter coats on along with hats and gloves lol and 3 weeks later wore shorts and tank tops in February :thumbsup2

We always love Feb especially coming from NY too!

I have a Feb. '21 trip as well. We are 110% behind wearing masks, but we don't want to go to the parks if masks are still required. We'd rather wait until they are no longer necessary.

Problem is, I need to decide by the end of October to either keep or cancel the reservation (10/31 is my deadline for banking the DVC points being used). While a lot of things have to fall perfectly into place for a safe, effective vaccine to be widely available by then, hopefully we'll have some more clarity by October so I can make an informed decision. 🤞

I'm busy rearranging things for our Sept trip lol but am seriously considering changing our February resort! I've stayed at CBR before (where we currently are) but DH hasn't; I want him to look around which we couldn't do in July since it wasn't open yet so I think we'll take the skyliner over next month and see what he thinks. It's my birthday trip 🎂 and I'm also not sure that's where I want to be 🤔 Decisions, decisions.....

Just switched from CBR to a Tower standard room at Gran Destino and moved up a day, so we're now the 13-17th instead of 14-18th. I've stayed at CBR once but DH hasn't; we took a ride over there last Thursday after HS for him to look around and he wasn't quite a fan lol. We'll most likely move again when my discount opens up!

I just re-read through the first few comments of this thread until now and WOW have things changed - like COVID! I know in Feb. there can be bigger crowds with the holiday and the cheer groups, and I guess it can still be more crowded with the holidays but perhaps there will be no cheer groups, right?

We're now coming Feb. 19-24th and I know it will be more busy during the weekend vs. the weekdays (we were just there the week of Oct 12th - which was fabulous by the way!!) but I'm just excited for the visit - this will be our 3rd visit in 6 months which is UNHEARD of for us!

I can book ADRs in 55 days and I wonder what, if anything, will change between now and then....regarding what dining places are open, what character interactions could look like by then, and will they allow park hopping and the logistics of that with the park reservation system (since I was able to book a Park hopper ticket for my cousin)

I wonder since they had ADR booking window set at 60 days, if they'll come out with information about park hopping sooner than later since it would be nice to be ale to plan our ADRs with which park we'll be in vs. knowing i have a park reservation for the morning and then wanting a dinner ADR at BOG in MK....and how do I book those?

I would think that with the folks coming in January and they also have park hopping tickets, then Disney needs to address that fact or allow them to cancel the hopper part of their tickets...

Less than 4 months folks!!!

We're now coming Feb. 19-24th and I know it will be more busy during the weekend vs. the weekdays (we were just there the week of Oct 12th - which was fabulous by the way!!) but I'm just excited for the visit - this will be our 3rd visit in 6 months which is UNHEARD of for us!
Ah, a tiny bit of movement on this thread lol! We are going for Thanksgiving and that will be our 3rd visit since reopening in July. We also did Uni in June and I go back for work in Dec!
As for hopping I would think yes they'll make an announcement in the next month or so regarding whether it'll return for early 2021, and frankly I don't expect it to but not because I don't want it to! And let's hope a few more restaurants are open for our visit!

and....I got the dreaded Southwest emails last night changing both our flights - we had the best 5:30am non-stop flight and would have arrived at MCO at 7:15am!!! It would have been glorious and then they put us on the ONLY non-stop that day that arrives at 4pm....IN THE AFTERNOON.

Not.

and we already had a 11am departure from MCO back home and they bumped that 2 hours earlier...they're not kicking me out even earlier...not gonna happen.

so, I'm going to call today (we have DH's Companion pass attached and I can't switch flights online with that benefit) and move us to a 7:30am non-direct, but the earliest arrival time of 11:30am to MCO and then on leaving day, I'm pushing flights until 3:15 so we can have a few hours - like 4 !! in MK...

I'll show you SW..... :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :headache:

My wife and I are booked for a February 4-8 trip! We have done a couple of 1 day trips to the Magic Kingdom while we were in Florida in the past few years, but this will be our first time staying on property in 15-20 years. We are self employed and this will be our first real vacation since we purchased our business in April 2019. We are very much looking forward to it!

We are driving from Arkansas which is a 15ish hour drive, I've done the drive plenty of times in one day, but we are going to split it up, leave after shipping orders on Wednesday, arrive lunch time on Thursday, first park day is Friday and we already have a park reservation for HS. We are staying at CBR because of the skyliner because of the options that it opens up for us to hop to other resorts for food options. Our thought was during the COVID times we need to be as flexible as possible, so having multiple resort options nearby, or a quick skyliner hop away was important to us.

and....I got the dreaded Southwest emails last night changing both our flights - we had the best 5:30am non-stop flight and would have arrived at MCO at 7:15am!!! It would have been glorious and then they put us on the ONLY non-stop that day that arrives at 4pm....IN THE AFTERNOON.

Not.

and we already had a 11am departure from MCO back home and they bumped that 2 hours earlier...they're not kicking me out even earlier...not gonna happen.

so, I'm going to call today (we have DH's Companion pass attached and I can't switch flights online with that benefit) and move us to a 7:30am non-direct, but the earliest arrival time of 11:30am to MCO and then on leaving day, I'm pushing flights until 3:15 so we can have a few hours - like 4 !! in MK...

I'll show you SW..... :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :headache:

Got that email last night also. We were flying to tampa and renting a car because it was way cheaper. we had two non stop flights because we are flying with an 8 and 4 year old for the first time. my flight was getting to tampa at 11 am and they changed it to a connecting flight arriving at 1:30. um, no thank you. i got on southwest real quick and got flights to orlando instead that are way better than the tampa ones. it only cost us $10 more a ticket and ultimately saves $300 in rental car fees. So now i will be in orlando at 9:45 on arrival day. I feel like they tried to screw me but i won. LOL

I finally gave in to reality and have moved our November trip to early February. The plan is to drive down (stopping for a few days with my mom) and then afterwards, to take the auto train home. At this point, I have a 3-way split scheduled - Pop, Riviera Tower, and then Contemporary. It's our 33rd anniversary that month, so moving the trip gives me time to save for some fabulous resorts. Fingers crossed that this one can happen, and that the split-stay doesn't keep me from an ADR at Chef Art's. Or two ADR's at Chef Art's. I am a happy transplant to RI, but I really miss southern cooking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter