February Trip Report thread...here we go again.

:dumbo::dumbo:
Spoke with DD today and all six of us plan on going to AK one day...that will be me DH DD DSL DGD#1 and DGD#2. DGDs want to go to MK alone which is fine with everyone else as they are 17 and 16 years old. Nobody else wants to go to MK. But I am like wait what I want to go to MK!!! So I will be going over in the boat with them (that's if they get up early enough otherwise I leave without them) and spending the day ABMS at MK!! I can go wherever I want. Shop when ever I want. Wait in line whenever I want. Eat wherever and whenever I want. I am so happy

I can't "like" this enough! :banana:There's nothing like spending alone time in the MK! Enjoy!:dumbo:

Prepped our Clipper 17FQ in 12 degree temps for our trip south. We are having a rear view camera installed and I can't wait to use it! We are leaving the 14th and checking into Fort Wilderness on the 18th. Staying in a full hookup site for 12 nights, our longest stay. In 2015 we stayed 10 nights in our old Jayco. Going to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary on the 25th. This is going to be fun!!

Prepped our Clipper 17FQ in 12 degree temps for our trip south. We are having a rear view camera installed and I can't wait to use it! We are leaving the 14th and checking into Fort Wilderness on the 18th. Staying in a full hookup site for 12 nights, our longest stay. In 2015 we stayed 10 nights in our old Jayco. Going to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary on the 25th. This is going to be fun!!

We're leaving east Tennessee Sunday morning at 6. We have a campsite reserved at Three Flags RV Park in Wildwood, FL for Sunday night. We're checking into a premium site on the 18th as well!

We had a great day at AK. The morning started out cool and all the animals were very active. The monkeys were very noisy! Got to see the parrots flying around the Tree of Life which I was hoping I would get to see... very cool. We had lunch at Flametree BBQ. Spent rest of evening relaxing at campsite.

IMG_20190215_111912759~2.jpg

I am watching the pre-race tv coverage right now for the Daytona 500 not far from Orlando and the weather looks absolutely...

:beach: :cool2: ... beautiful. Hope it's a good day at the Fort.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
@bama_ed you are correct...an absolutely gorgeous day today at WDW . We rode boat to monorail at MK. Had lunch at Captain Cook's and then spent rest of afternoon at pool. Pool was packed...took a bit of manovering to get chairs for 5 in the same spot but managed to do so as some people left. Everyone is all packed up now and we leave at 6 am for the airport . DH and I will return for one more day at the Fort. It has been a wonderful time with family.IMG_20190217_111743228_BURST000_COVER_TOP~2.jpg IMG_20190217_105916247~2.jpg

@bama_ed you are correct...an absolutely gorgeous day today at WDW . We rode boat to monorail at MK. Had lunch at Captain Cook's and then spent rest of afternoon at pool. Pool was packed...took a bit of manovering to get chairs for 5 in the same spot but managed to do so as some people left. Everyone is all packed up now and we leave at 6 am for the airport . DH and I will return for one more day at the Fort. It has been a wonderful time with family.View attachment 383070 View attachment 383071

Was the MK busy? We went to Epcot yesterday (Sunday) and it was crazy busy. We had to wait in a line to get in the QS food line (yes, you read that right, a line to get in line :crazy2:).

@tltay2005 As we were getting on and off the monorail at MK I did notice the crowd and it was not bad...I have seen much worse at MK. Sunday was probably a good day at MK, beautiful weather and low crowds!

5 more days!! We're packing the suitcase. I just can't fathom packing shorts and t-shirts. (Yes, I am packing for winter/summer). We got 6 inches of snow (again) last night. Just trying to figure out logistics with my parents (driving down) and us (flying).

Is there a list of sites of people (from this board) who are there right now?

So we left the Fort, heading home Sunday morning. We had a wonderful time, until things started snowballing...

Stopped for fuel in Ocala before heading north on I-75, back to east Tennessee. Left there and made our way up I-75 to a rest area in northern Florida. That's when I saw what appeared to be a garbage bag stuck to the passenger side of the 5er, in front of the bedroom window. Turns out, about 4' of the Filon blew off the side of the camper!

We stopped in Forsythe, GA for the night. The next morning, we pulled out and headed home. After passing thru Chattanooga, I started the climb up the mountain between Chattanooga and Cleveland. The service engine soon light came on, and I lost all power. Shut the truck off and restarted it, and all was well. For a minute. It did that 3 more times. As soon as it shifted, it would lose power. I limped into a gas station in Cleveland, where I hit the cab of the truck with the camper, and called a diesel mechanic buddy of mine. A few wiggles of a wiring harness later, and I was back on the road.

Luckily, the next two hours were uneventful, and we made it home. Then, while backing the camper in the ridiculously tight, and now muddy hole after the historic rainfall in East Tennessee, I backed the camper into an old, unused septic tank that nobody knew existed. Luckily, it didn't drop in, though it did cave the top of the tank in.

Fun times...

Oh! 221 Days until I'm back at the Fort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!