February trips, anyone?

tltay2005

DIS Veteran
I was not going to even post about our next trip because it is going to be a quick 2 nights 1/31-2/2. Our FB group does this trip every year and we do a day of volunteering at Give the Kids the World village, so I won't be spending a lot of time at the Fort or the Parks. Arriving Fri night and have a FB get together that evening and then Sat we are at GTKTW with a pot luck dinner after, then home Sun morning. I thought I would start the thread just in case there are others out there with trips planned. Anyone else going to be there in Feb?

Nothing planned yet. Hey Terri, how long does it usually take to get there?
Don

Ok, super quick trip. We mainly went because we volunteered with our other group at Give the Kids the World village. The weather was cold but nothing a warm campfire could not handle. We were in the 2100 loop, site 2129, not the best, as it was on the corner, so you had no privacy at all, but for two nights and considering we were not at our site that much, it was ok. Lots of deer and turkeys and it is amazing how quite the Fort is when there is not a major holiday going on. They had the draft horses back pulling empty wagons to keep them in practice, so that was nice to see. Construction progress had not changed much since our December trip, so I didn't bother taking any photos. The food truck was out for repairs, so no brisket sandwich:sad:, so instead we had take out from P&J's, ribs and pulled pork. It was good, but not brisket sandwich good, lol. We had a pot luck dinner with the group and then take out breakfast from P&J's. We will be back in March for four days and will be doing parks, so I will give a better trip report then.
IMG_20200202_080859752.jpgIMG_20200202_080923153.jpgIMG_20200202_073057985_HDR.jpgIMG_20200202_074340386_HDR.jpg83768704_3133730023305057_5187486634257416192_n.jpgIMG_20200131_164733824.jpgIMG_20200201_154907618.jpgIMG_20200201_104351347_HDR.jpg

Trip report part 1.

This trip is myself, DW, Mom, and youngest DS (27). The plan was to for everyone to meet at my house on friday night, go to the campground where the RV was at about an hour from the house, spend the night, and get up early Saturday morning to get to the fort before dark. :genie:

Well DS had car problems and so I had to go his house and pick him up, then my nephew hit a deer and totaled his car (he's OK), he was going to need my mom's car, so my sister had to bring my mom to my house when she got off work. All in all we got to the RV about 1:00. So much for getting everything ready and going to be early.:sad2:

We did get up at about 7:30 Saturday morning, and hitting the road a bit after 9:00. This was going to put us at the fort about 7:00. A little after dark. Not what I had wanted, but still early enough to get into a site and run over Guest Services at MK to upgrade our passes to APs.:drive:

The trip down was pretty uneventful, even the traffic in Atlanta was smooth. We did wind up getting here a little after 7:00, We were assigned 1461, the last site in the inner loop of 1400. There was another RV backing in and blocking the road so we waited for them to get in and moved around to our site. It was pretty easy to get our little 19ft RV into the site. While we get unhooking and setting up someone pulls up and says1461 was supposed to be their site. o_O

After speaking with the front desk, yeah we were assigned 803, but for some reason when checking in they given us 1461. We were fine with staying in 1461 and letting them have 803, but it turns out they were traveling with the people we had just watched park in the site across from 1461. So we hooked ourselves back up and headed for 803. It was pretty easy to get into as well except for the setup across from us. They had a golf cart 'carport' setup right at the edge of the road and it made it tricky. Still only took 2 attempts to get into the site.

So we ended up in 803 and it was after well after 9:00 by the time we got setup. And we also had to run to Wal-Mart. We discovered there were items we forgot to bring. Upgrading the passes would wait untill morning.

The trips were everything goes smoothly are rarely remembered compared to the ones where you have to adjust. All in all this is starting out as a very memorable trip, and I love it. :crazy:

@himandher818,

Glad you got settled. I think I would prefer 800. I've been in 1400 several times. Not my favorite loop.

A quick question. I am going to be doing the same AP upgrade when I'm down in April. DW will be working a conference at Universal's Sapphire Springs for the 1st 2 days. I was planning on going to WDW when she is working and upgrading our tickets. Do we both have to be there to upgrade both tickets? When we did this in 2018, all of went to Guest Services at DS, but I don't remember if we were all required to be there.

j

February 2020 Fort Wilderness Movie Recreation Calendar. Didn't see it posted yet.

FW Movies Feb20.PNG

No special events on the back page.

"Cool Runnings" is my favorite pic listed above. It is February after all. :rolleyes:

Bama Ed

@Teamubr , we wondered the same thing, so we DW and I both went to be on the safe side. They did need her magic band an ID, but I'm not sure if they needed her. Next time I pass a guest services I'll ask.

Another quick update on the trip.

Our plan of attack for this trip is DS and I are getting up and heading to the parks at or near rope drop, and DW and Mom are getting there whenever at their leisure.

Sunday was our MK day and since it was so late after getting setup Sat nigh, we put off upgrading our passes till the morning. DW joined us in the upgrading of passes, and went back to camp. She decided to take the whole day off to recover from excitement of Friday and Saturday.

DS and I were able to get most of the rides the other two don't ride such a the mountains and space ranger spin. Mom joined us later, and we picked up pirates, country bears, and even took the river boat.

One thing to be aware of. The steam trains are not running, and not sure when they will start back up due to work on Tron.

All in all a good day and largely to plan. Next day is HS and Rise of the Resistance.

Trip Report Continued…

Sorry for delay, DW and I have been a bit under the weather the last week. It seems we wind up sick about half the time after a Disney trip.

@Teamubr, I’m sorry I didn’t check with Guest Services about upgrading passes. I went by a few times but they were very busy so I figured I would do it later. That happened until I just plain forgot. :rolleyes1

Hollywood Studios and Rise of the Resistance – Monday.

With HS opening at 7:00am, DS and I arrived at the bus stop a little after 6:00am. There about 5 golf carts, and probably not enough people at the bus stop to fill those carts at the bus stop, so I don’t think we got the first bus.

The bus did arrive fairly quickly, and when we got to HS I had to go thru bag check. We got into the park at about 6:50. It was close, but we made it. At 7:00 we got into group 39!:thumbsup2

DS and I then went over to Tower of Terror, Star Tours, and hit Rock-n-Roller coaster when the fast pass hit. Then back to Star Tours for a Fast Pass, and finally into Galaxy’s Edge.

For those that haven’t been yet, they did a really good job creating a Star Wars atmosphere. Think the world of Pandora and then some. At least I think so, as someone who likes Star Wars, and as someone who, when I saw Avatar, I thought it was a very nice-looking Pocahontas remake.

Sometime afternoon DW and Mom called and said they would be on the way soon. Figuring it take them about an hour, we noticed that Smuggler’s Run was less than hour so we jumped into that line. After about 10 mins in the line … Call for Boarding Group 39! We go out of line and hit Rise of the Resistance.

Rise of the Resistance is well worth the effort required to ride experience it. I won’t give any spoilers because I didn’t want any, but it was very enjoyable. One time is not enough. The first time I was too busy trying to take it all in to be aware of what was going on. (that's why we sceduled two HS days this time) :cool1:

We met up with DW and Mom, did the Frozen sing-along, and headed back to Galaxy’s Edge. Rode Smuggler’s Run (now well under an hour), DS and I were Engineers. I have always liked Hondo, so it was interesting to seem him still kicking during the resistance time period.

Dinner that night was a near closing time reservation at Prime Time, food was good as always, and we got a very good server. The server is what makes Prime Time Café worth it.

It was well after the regular bus routes were over when we got out, so we got our own private bus back to the Fort.

And that was HS, next is Animal Kingdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter