Fed up with WDW?

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all! I'm sure I could visit WDW several times a year! BUT! The rest of my family would get sick of it. They have come to adore WDW, but not like me (although I think 2 year old ds might be like me with WDW). I think dh and dd wouldn't like annual trips.

Although I had hoped our 2001 trip would be the beginning of annual trips, our 2002 trip was less spectacular as 2001. Don't get my wrong, 2002 was MAGICAL, but just less. It could be due to deaths in the family before we left. HOWEVER, I'm itching to go again in the spring. SO! What to do? Should we go March 2003 risking us (them) getting FED with WDW? Or should we go someplace else in 2003 and plan March 2004 at WDW???????

Perhaps, every two years at WDW would be MAGICAL?????? What do you think? S

After reading all the great replies to my "how many days at the parks" post, I think the solution of not getting fed up of WDW is to do the LESS IS MORE thing! With a 7 DHP (regular one, not CDN deal) we can split the trip using only 3 park days. I really think my kids would adore Sea World and Universal too! THANKS! S

Sandra, we (I) have the same dilemma. We went in 2000 (for 1 week), then 2002 (for 2 weeks). I'd love to go back this winter, (and would for sure go if money were no issue :) ). I think going to Universal and/or Sea World would add some new excitement to the trip as well. Im also working against the "my kids are too old to go clock". Not that wew are ever too old, but once the oldest is in Grade 9 (she's going into 6 now), I think our trips will be restricted by her schedule. I know I wouldn't enjoy going in prime season. I also wouldn't be able to take the summer heat down there. So with only 3 more winters to go, I'd really like to go at least 2 more times. I've contemplated going 2004 & 2005 using an Annual pass. Ohhhh, I dont know....to many choices, not enough time or money!! :) We've flown the last 2 times, but I'd consider driving. I say if you can manage it, go as much as you can. They are only young once!!
Karen

I firmly believe less is more. We go every couple of months ,our last trip was June next will be in November then probably again in January and then next June. however because we combine these trips with trips to MIL's in Tampa we only spend 2-3 days at WDW. We find this is a great way to do it, we have tried the week there but find the kids do best with 2-3 big days then down time with Grandma. This year we will be combining Universal and Sea World into the vacations as well. Though I will always love Disney I am looking forward to trying something a little different. Dh and I did Seaworld on our honeymoon and now have a DS who loves animals especially killer whales. unfortunately DD is only interested in the rides, so we have to try to balance everything out between them.

Allison

During our 1998 trip, I meet a CM outside of WDW, he said Sea World was his fav theme park. He loved WDW and loves working there, but SW was he fav.

Providing we are obstacle free, we are certain we'll go March 2004. I think that will be the best time for my ds, but I wonder if dd might 'think' she's too old. March 2004, ds wil be 4 and dd will be 10.

I would like to swing a March 2003 trip, but when I think of how wonderful April 2001 trip was and then going in April 2002 again ~ one year didn't seem like enough time. We really enjoyed our 2002 trip, but everything was too familiar. That's why I think adding SW and/or US will be a grand idea. We want to do 2 nights at the beach too.

Right now, I am leaning towards March 2004 at WDW and March 2003 or Summer 2003 at some beach like Virginia Beach or Myrtle Beach ~ even PEI would be nice. DH is getting excited about PPolar Bear Express, but that's only a few days in the summer.

Thanks so much! S

I know what you're going through! While our kids are now older - 16 and 14 - and much of Disney doesn't appeal to them - they're not at all interested in a beach vacation such as Mexico. Orlando still offers something for everyone, it's just the shift seems to be now towards bigger, more thrilling rides. So on our next trip, I plan on staying at a deluxe Disney resort for 3 or 4 nights. We can spend half a day at each park, taking in our favorites, then spend the rest of the day around the pool. The remaining 3 nights will be at a Universal resort. I think this will keep the kids happy! I must admit though, I'm considering 7 nights at the Portofino - with the entertainment rates, it seems to be a great deal!

The thing I'm dreading most is when the kids no longer want to go - how on earth will I justify wanting to go back without them?!

It's never enough!!!
We go three times a year most years and my oldest daughter (18) adores it as much as I, however my husband and younger daughter (15) are weary of the place! So, sometimes just the two of us go and sometimes we go ahead of the family to get a 'better' fix! I find allowing everyone to do their own thing works ie: husband plays a lot of golf and 'other' daughter spends more time in the hotel doing stuff works too. We also try to do at least one thing different each visit and make sure we squeeze in visits to Universal and Sea World/Discovery Cove as well.
We have our next vacation in January, A cruise (not Disney to everyone's surprise) but we are spending 6 days at Disney preceding the cruise. Can't enter the State of Florida and not go there right??
It takes a bit of juggling to keep everyone happy but it can be done!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Sandra, if you are worried about them getting sick of it take me with you. Seriously(although, I would go with you) I'm sure they'd still love doing it every year but Sea World is a great option too. My kids loved Sea World.(DS was in grade 3, DD in grade 2) I'm thinking of doing a day at Sea World next summer when we go-actually Discovery Cove includes admission to Sea World.Yippee. I will say, after being so many times my kids don't seem to need to spend every waking minute in the park so there's lots of time for resort hopping, shopping etc. Keep working on the plans.

The past couple of trips had us at MK four times, Epcot at least three times, AK a couple times and MGM about three times, we also hit the water parks. All that in 9 - 11 days! Last week I asked dd if she liked going to MK fours times per trip. She said NOPE, once was enough. I think we'll still do WDW but we will add SW or Universal and a couple nights at the ocean. THANKS! S

The past couple of trips had us at MK four times, Epcot at least three times, AK a couple times and MGM about three times, we also hit the water parks. All that in 9 - 11 days! Last week I asked dd if she liked going to MK fours times per trip. She said NOPE, once was enough. I think we'll still do WDW but we will add SW or Universal and a couple nights at the ocean. THANKS! S

PS: disneyvacationmom ~ you are welcome ANYTIME! S

Sandra,

The solution seems to be for you to go once or twice a year - either alone or with a friend if no one else 'needs' to go.

I have spent many weeks supposedly 'alone' in WDW. Even today when my wife and I go monthly or so we have to set aside time to visit with friends we have met online or in WDW.

There is always something new to do - in May the new Figment ride was just opening; at the beginning of August we flew a hot air balloon over WDW; This last trip we spent three afternoons at MK doing the trivia challenge. We have Seaworld Annual Passes so often visit there for a few hours of a trip (no parking cost with an annual - just the cost of gas to drive there)

We always make a list of things to do - and never get more than half of them done. The Disney things keep getting in the way of other activities :-)

Julian

My dd (7) and DN (Niece 14) found one day at Sea World to be more than enough, good thing I get AP's as we were back in the world that evening. Took bus from Ticket and Tran Center, only $4 for the three of us (both ways). I has purchased the 2 day pass and ended up wasting one as no one wanted to go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter