Feel sorry for mousekeeping

disneygal55

DIS Veteran
One afternoon we returned from Epcot and saw that we didn't get the trash and towel service due that day. I let the housekeeping phone ring and ring, called the front desk and then tried calling housekeeping once more. I finally reached someone and a housekeeper arrived very promptly. Talking to her I found out that she was the only housekeeper for the entire resort for the late afternoon and evening! I felt so bad for her. She was very pleasant and apologized for the day shift's mistake. I wonder if this is the policy for every DVC resort.

The bulk of Mousekeeping is done prior to the official check in time to get rooms/villas ready for new arrivals, plus they (usually) complete T&T service or full cleans for the villas scheduled in time for when guests return from the parks. So this morning shift is busiest and when they have the most CM's on duty...even at the non-DVC Disney resorts this is true. After most guests are checked in and are in their rooms/villas there is much less work to be done, so they scale back on the number of CM's. Makes sense, but I'm guessing that this is yet another area where they have made some cutbacks to save $$. Having one CM to service an entire resort seems pretty skimpy, even for the smaller places like VWL.:sad2:
Someone I know who used to work at CSR said that if problems arise after 3 pm it takes a lot longer to get them addressed because they only have a few CM's working in Mousekeeping at that point - and CSR is huge!
It would not be fun to be that lonely CM on Mousekeeping stuck with the afternoon shift, that's for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter