Feeling Blue

Like others,
I have had to cancel 3 vacations this year and two for next year -
Have chosen to turn a negative into a positive and do a total home makeover of my home in lieu of traveling.
Started it in late June/early July -

"BEFORE"
(my living room):scared1:
(one of my Co-workers told me I had her at the Lamp......):rotfl:
yes.... thats DUCT TAPE

I mean hey.....
In my defense -

"Single Dude with Dog"
moving on though with the "autopsy" report:
the chair -- upper right = from 1988
the leaning recliner....... = from early 1992
:scratchin
and -
(the coffee table came from someones trash they were going to have the neighborhood curbside bulky trash people pick up but i got it..... 20 years ago):scratchin

and -
(the fireplace area was just screaming "MEH"

and now FINALLY.... I'm proud to say that I'm now out of the late 80s / early 90s -
yes... hauled out over 12 large plastic bags of CR** outta the house

SERIOUSLY -

TO now my living room looks like this -
(I finally showed Ladybug 60 days ago ish that I have the thumbs & she dont)
- LOL -

Seriously -
It took a LOT for me to get over "WILL SHE DESTROY THE NICE THINGS i WANT TO BUY?
Thankfully, NO - shes not.

So -
Now BOTH she & I get to enjoy nice things

like -
I chose the fireplace cover motif as a way to give it like an Animal Kingdom theming to it) :cool2:

(I seriously had no idea that was the original look of the carpeting)

OOPS!!::yes::

NOW... check out my new look Living roon -
(Yes, front door is new and so is that cute door mat. I confess I made two miscues when I went to NFM to get all new things -
1) I asked the Sales Rep if they sell Color Tvs.
2) I asked the same Rep how do i change the radio stations on my new tv - to wit he replied, "You meant to say IHEART Radio."

OOPS!!:crazy2:

But,,,, I had issues along the way with a
Front yard tree as it
Was killing ,my foundation -

"BEFORE "
that bugger was 6 feet in diamater and stood 112 feet tall!

Took over 12 hours but now.....
(also the left hand side of the property trees were trimmed back to the fenceline)

And.......
Just last week
The kitchen just got all new appliances -
(my Kenmoore frig, stove and dishwasher were all 22 years old)

NOW.....
got all new Whirlpool appliances -

and -

The Whirlpool dishwasher gets installed next week while the new backdoor to my garage (looks just like my front door) gets installed Monday -

:jumping1:And with that,
I plan on getting my front yard courtyard professionally landscaped around February or March and.........
cross yer fingers cuz I want to begin to rebook some of my vacation adventures and like all of you, enjoy again going to see new places and experience new things while vacationing.

So, the above to me is how I turn around my feelings of sadness while still remaining connected to All things Disney -
(that & I just bought my very first Mickey Mouse waffle maker);)

Feeling grateful -

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:drinking1

Attachments

• 1600573041299.png
    1600573041299.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 1600573495257.png
    1600573495257.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Of course you are sad. I think many of us are in situations where we are much better off right now than many people but it is still so hard to not have things that we counted on to look forward to anymore. I also think of the fact that for all the traveling we cannot do now there are also people who would have been employed because we took trips etc. We work very hard to be able to afford these things and its hard to not be able to have what we had before. I am grateful everyday but also feel depresssed. Its hard . THere is a light at the end somewhere-- not sure when.

Like others,
I have had to cancel 3 vacations this year and two for next year -
Have chosen to turn a negative into a positive and do a total home makeover of my home in lieu of traveling.
Started it in late June/early July -

"BEFORE"
(my living room):scared1:
View attachment 527060
(one of my Co-workers told me I had her at the Lamp......):rotfl:
yes.... thats DUCT TAPE

I mean hey.....
In my defense -

"Single Dude with Dog"
moving on though with the "autopsy" report:
the chair -- upper right = from 1988
the leaning recliner....... = from early 1992
:scratchin
and -
View attachment 527061
(the coffee table came from someones trash they were going to have the neighborhood curbside bulky trash people pick up but i got it..... 20 years ago):scratchin

and -
View attachment 527062
(the fireplace area was just screaming "MEH"

and now FINALLY.... I'm proud to say that I'm now out of the late 80s / early 90s -
yes... hauled out over 12 large plastic bags of CR** outta the house

SERIOUSLY -

TO now my living room looks like this -
(I finally showed Ladybug 60 days ago ish that I have the thumbs & she dont)
- LOL -

Seriously -
It took a LOT for me to get over "WILL SHE DESTROY THE NICE THINGS i WANT TO BUY?
Thankfully, NO - shes not.

So -
Now BOTH she & I get to enjoy nice things

like -
View attachment 527063
I chose the fireplace cover motif as a way to give it like an Animal Kingdom theming to it) :cool2:

(I seriously had no idea that was the original look of the carpeting)

OOPS!!::yes::

NOW... check out my new look Living roon -
(Yes, front door is new and so is that cute door mat. I confess I made two miscues when I went to NFM to get all new things -
1) I asked the Sales Rep if they sell Color Tvs.
2) I asked the same Rep how do i change the radio stations on my new tv - to wit he replied, "You meant to say IHEART Radio."

OOPS!!:crazy2:

But,,,, I had issues along the way with a
Front yard tree as it
Was killing ,my foundation -

"BEFORE "
View attachment 527066
that bugger was 6 feet in diamater and stood 112 feet tall!

Took over 12 hours but now.....
View attachment 527067
(also the left hand side of the property trees were trimmed back to the fenceline)

And.......
Just last week
The kitchen just got all new appliances -
(my Kenmoore frig, stove and dishwasher were all 22 years old)

NOW.....
got all new Whirlpool appliances -
View attachment 527068

and -
View attachment 527069

The Whirlpool dishwasher gets installed next week while the new backdoor to my garage (looks just like my front door) gets installed Monday -

:jumping1:And with that,
I plan on getting my front yard courtyard professionally landscaped around February or March and.........
cross yer fingers cuz I want to begin to rebook some of my vacation adventures and like all of you, enjoy again going to see new places and experience new things while vacationing.

So, the above to me is how I turn around my feelings of sadness while still remaining connected to All things Disney -
(that & I just bought my very first Mickey Mouse waffle maker);)

Feeling grateful -

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:drinking1

Interesting exercise. (Good job!) I have also made some improvement and created a tropical garden in my backyard. It helped me feel better and although I miss cruising and can’t wait to be cruising again, it definitely helped me being less depressed about staying home.

It's exhausting to be in a state of permanent worry. I'm worried about friends and family on the West coast whose homes are threatened by fire, worried about friends with pre-existing conditions who may be about to lose their health insurance, worried about all the small businesses closing for good. All while managing work, being IT support for kid's online schooling, etc. It would be nice to have a vacation just to have a one-week break from all of this. At this point, I'm just holding out hope that our vacation plans for 2022 might still happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter