Fell in love with concierge hosts....

nightmaremama

Earning My Ears
Ok, so the title may be a bit creepier than it's supposed to be, but my family really did fall in love with our concierge hosts on our first cruise. I knew I was going to ruin myself by booking it- but I didn't expect it to be this bad.

So my more seasoned cruisers, do the hosts generally sail the same times each year? Of course, there will always be things that can interrupt a schedule...

I'm sure we would have an excellent experience with any of the hosts, but these three were so amazing that I would love to have them on a cruise in the future.

They move around and have vacations etc.

And our fave left the company to get married or something like that.

And then our fave cruise director left the ship life.

Sigh.

Two of our favorites left the Dream for the Fantasy (although one was kind of a floater between the two). One of our favorites left with her husband (our favorite head server) and moved to the Magic. Another of our favorites just moved to the Fantasy. We still have another favorite with the Fantasy. We have what appears to be a dream team for a lot of people for our cruise next week. Amanda (love her), Ashley (love him) and Tawanda, who a lot of people rave about.

Many of them are on an 8-month contract from conversations I've had with them. They tend to go on vacation for 2 months and then return.

Now if I could just keep my favorite bartenders either healthy, on the Fantasy or with DCL I'd be doing pretty well. I have two left. Everybody else has either left the company, moved boats or been injured and had to leave to heal.

Ok, so the title may be a bit creepier than it's supposed to be, but my family really did fall in love with our concierge hosts on our first cruise. I knew I was going to ruin myself by booking it- but I didn't expect it to be this bad.

So my more seasoned cruisers, do the hosts generally sail the same times each year? Of course, there will always be things that can interrupt a schedule...

I'm sure we would have an excellent experience with any of the hosts, but these three were so amazing that I would love to have them on a cruise in the future.
What group did you have?

We always enjoy Danny and the Dream. Glen on the Wonder. And Julia was so amazing with our DD on the Magic but have since learned she is no longer with DCL. We have yet to cruise Concierge on the Fantasy but hopefully in the next year or two.

Last edited:

The first time I sailed on the Dream the concierge hosts were Angeline, Ashley, and Tracey. The second time it was Danny, Tracey, and Angeline. Tracey and Angeline remembered us from the first cruise and made us feel so special. Who are the current hosts on the Dream?

You are right the title sounded juicier then the content. I was disappointed by the reality. It would have been much more fun if he tossed your mom and proposed to one of the hosts. Where are telenovelas when you want them!

The first time I sailed on the Dream the concierge hosts were Angeline, Ashley, and Tracey. The second time it was Danny, Tracey, and Angeline. Tracey and Angeline remembered us from the first cruise and made us feel so special. Who are the current hosts on the Dream?

PJ is permanent on the Dream now, as is Tracey. It just depends on vacation times.

What about Alina? We had her on the Dream in Feb. Anyone know where she is?

It was Angeline, Ashley and and Alina (hey, they all start with A!).

Who's the bartender on the Dream again? Great guy. He was from Goa...

Two weeks ago on the Dream we had Danny, Tracey, and Angeline.

What about Alina? We had her on the Dream in Feb. Anyone know where she is?

It was Angeline, Ashley and and Alina (hey, they all start with A!).

Who's the bartender on the Dream again? Great guy. He was from Goa...
We had Raphael (Jamaica) as the bartender on the dream two weeks ago...but he said that he's usually on the Magic.

What group did you have?

We always enjoy Danny and the Dream. Glen on the Wonder. And Julia was so amazing with our DD on the Magic but have since learned she is no long with DCL. We have yet to cruise Concierge on the Fantasy but hopefully in the next year or two.
We were on the Fantasy and had Amanda, Michelle, & Tawanda. They really were great, my four year old would come into the lounge and end up in either Michelle or Amanda’s arms walking around visiting with all the other guests. It got to the point that we couldn’t end a day without going in to see them.

So so sad Julia left she was our children's favorite! We have sailed the other ships concierge but this will be our first time on the wonder in Jan. Does anyone know who the hosts are on the wonder?
Thanks so much!

So so sad Julia left she was our children's favorite! We have sailed the other ships concierge but this will be our first time on the wonder in Jan. Does anyone know who the hosts are on the wonder?
Thanks so much!
We had Glen and Joanne and they were a great team. Glen did everything we asked and then some. Joanne has an accent that with my eyes closed, sounds exactly like Merida! We have enjoyed them on both of our Wonder sailings.

We were on the Fantasy and had Amanda, Michelle, & Tawanda. They really were great, my four year old would come into the lounge and end up in either Michelle or Amanda’s arms walking around visiting with all the other guests. It got to the point that we couldn’t end a day without going in to see them.

Tawanda is my favorite!! Such a nice guy!!

We had Glen and Joanne and they were a great team. Glen did everything we asked and then some. Joanne has an accent that with my eyes closed, sounds exactly like Merida! We have enjoyed them on both of our Wonder sailings.
Thank you! Good to know.

Just back from a B2B cruise on the Wonder and had an awesome time and the weather was pretty much as nice as it could be.

The hosts in concierge for our cruise were Glen, Salina and Guilherme and they made our time on board incredible with all that they did. This was our first cruise with Guilherme and he was amazing with our DD. She wont stop talking about hanging out with "G".

Cant wait to go back.

Just back from a B2B cruise on the Wonder and had an awesome time and the weather was pretty much as nice as it could be.

The hosts in concierge for our cruise were Glen, Salina and Guilherme and they made our time on board incredible with all that they did. This was our first cruise with Guilherme and he was amazing with our DD. She wont stop talking about hanging out with "G".

Cant wait to go back.

How was the B2B experience on the Wonder? We are looking for March options next year

How was the B2B experience on the Wonder? We are looking for March options next year
It was great. We had one family we knew join us for the first cruise and we split a cabana with them on CC. We had a second family join us on the second cruise and did the same. Weather nice both days but breezy on the second day.

Our DD loves the shows so we did have to see the Golden Mickeys and Frozen twice.

We had an excellent stateroom host and wonderful server that I would love to have again.

Had a Palo dinner and brunch on both cruises!

On our first stop in Nassau............we were docked next to the Magic. Throughout that day there were Magic crew checking out the Wonder and there were CMs from the Wonder going over to the Magic. Our concierge host Glen said they had a crew only showing of Tangled when he was on board and it was the first time he had ever seen it.

Turn around day we were off the shop from 9:45 to 10:30 which wasnt too long at all and our room was ready as soon as we got back on board.

Everything was great!

On our first stop in Nassau............we were docked next to the Magic. Throughout that day there were Magic crew checking out the Wonder and there were CMs from the Wonder going over to the Magic. Our concierge host Glen said they had a crew only showing of Tangled when he was on board and it was the first time he had ever seen it.

Everything was great!

Wow that is really great that Disney does special showings just for the staff, how wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter