FE's for Teenagers

QueenBeeKnits

Earning My Ears
I am really excited about being in my first FE exchange, but I am stumped on my teenager gifts! Can anyone help me with suggestions?

Earbuds, boxed movie candy, gum, personalised toothbrush holder. For girls - nail polish, Burts Bees chapstick, note cards.

I am the Mom of two two teen girls and, sorry, they would not use a journal, but maybe others would.

My daughter (12, not a teenager, but one of the youngest in 7th grade) would use a journal for sketching more than writing, but she'd definitely use it. Another book type of thing would be a photo book they add photos to later. I could see some teens using it for character photos, and a completely different crowd of teens using it for group selfies with all their new friends to remember them by. I think that would be a fairly gender-neutral gift too, although of course I think girls are way more inclined to use it.

I am having trouble thinking beyond girl stuff, really, as my son is only 8! Are the teens in your group girls or boys or both? On the older side or younger side? Maybe some of us can ask our kids for ideas. :)

I'm new to the boards and have never done FE but does anyone do gift cards? Thinking shutterfly or something similar to make some cool momentos with their photos when they get back home?
Other ideas:
1) skins for phone chargers (I like skinit because they have many use licenses including Disney)... get on mailing list and wait for bogo deal
2) can you get codes for cool phone downloads or filters
3) tervis or yeti-styled cups
4) go to the Apple Store and see if they can help you make a photography 101 card with tips on taking cool trip photos (apple does classes I've been trying to get in forever so I know they do this!!) or go 'retro' and get disposable camera
5) love the deck of cards idea-- pirate cards!!
6) I found these cool inexpensive cord wrap/organizer things at Container Store for my teen nephews one year
7) mini LED clamp light (also gift I've purchased from Container Store) - think reading light for trip
8) small games/brain puzzles i.e. 2x2 Rubics cube, etc.
9) just went to a trade show and laptop "camera covers" were very popular- they are kinda small but handy!
10) fun / personalized sticky notes

HTH!!

For teen girls I have done Minnie Mouse and Nemo fingernail kits (stickers with polish) that I found at Five Below, which were well received. For boy and girl teens I usually do snacks, a healthy one and some candy mixed. That's what my teen (boy) would always pick, FOOD :sad2: I at least try to make it Disney themed like those Disney dried fruits or gummies and then find Disney candy.

Candy! It is expensive on board & my teens loved getting sour patch kids, twizlers, skittles, Swedish fish boxes of movie candy. Stick with these type because of allergies & they stand up better in heat. Also salty snacks pretzels, chips etc to munch on in the room.. regional snacks to where you are from are great too. They got crab chips from folks in Maryland & ketchup chips from folks in Canada! Snacks are also sold on board but again are pricey.. lol my teens are always hungry I guess!

Oh my, yes, the weird flavored chips!! That's totally a thing with at least the young teen set right now. I'm horrified by the flavors I've been asked to buy for "potato chip buffets" my oldest will have when her friends are over. And the first time my kids asked me if we could go to Canada, I said sure! of course! and what do you want to see most there? "They have all sorts of different potato chip flavors I want to try." :rolleyes: Guess I know what we'll be doing in Vancouver before departing on our cruise!

My DS likes non-Disney key chains and lanyards. He also likes ear buds and boxed movie candy.

I have 2 teen boys. They loved the portable cell phone charger and the candy. The earbuds were not good quality and they only used them once. Cups with straws for the drink station were also a hit.

My teens love candy, even better if it's something from a different country. They also use their Tervis type cups. Used the earbuds until they broke. Journals didn't go over that well.

We made steampunk-style mickey mouse ear keychains out of different gears. We've also made pillow cases out of really cool star wars print material. For girls we've done fluffy socks.

When I was a teenager I'd have loved alcohol, but that's not going to happen. ;)

Snacks seem to be the way to go. I know my teenaged kin are bottomless pits of food devouring.

I'll be the odd one out and say we got way too much candy last time. My kids would appreciate candy from other countries but boxed movie candy or Halloween type candy not really. Funky flavored chips though would totally be up their alley.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter