Few questions I have about the FastPass I couldn't find through searching.

lotsaqs

Earning My Ears
1. Are you allowed to reserve FastPasses online/through the app? I keep seeing conflicting information. Some say you can 30 days in advance if you have MaxPass/a Disneyland hotel room. Some say 60 days with MaxPass/a Disneyland hotel room. Other sources say you don't need a MaxPass/a Disneyland hotel room to reserve FastPasses online/through the app. For reference, I'm planning on getting a 2-day ticket to just one park without MaxPass/a Disneyland hotel room, so would I be able to?

2. Follow up question. If I am allowed to reserve FastPasses days in advance online/through the app, how will it calculate the days in advance for my ticket before I am allowed to go ahead and reserve the FastPasses? From my understanding, multi-day tickets can be used anytime. So, how would the system know when I'm going on a particular day to give me allowance to reserve FastPasses online in advance? I hope that makes sense.

3. If I am allowed to reserve FastPasses online, how many can I do at once? Am I only allowed one online, then I have to get the additional two at the park in person?

4. If I'm not allowed to reserve FastPasses online and can only get them in person, from my understanding, through this method, you can only get one at a time, then once you've used the first one, then you can wait to get another one?

5. For FastPasses given in person, is there a general booth you go to for FastPasses or do you have to go to specific spots for different rides?

Thank you in advance! I was having a difficult time with my search for answers since I found a lot of conflicting information or information that did not really go into detail.

I think your confusion may be coming from the differences between Disney World and Disneyland. Being able to book FP 30/60 days in advance is a Disney World thing. I'm assuming you're going to visit Disneyland, since that's the forum you posted in. At Disneyland, no one can book FP days in advance, whether they're staying at the hotels or not. MaxPass allows you to book FP through the app, but you still have to do it day-of after entering one of the parks.

4. If I'm not allowed to reserve FastPasses online and can only get them in person, from my understanding, through this method, you can only get one at a time, then once you've used the first one, then you can wait to get another one?
Generally yes, that's the idea. However, if you get a FP that has a return time for way later in the day, they don't make you wait all day for your next FP - only 2 hours (if you don't have Max Pass) or 90 minutes (if you do have Max Pass). So for example if you have Max Pass and at 10am you get a FP for RSR and the return time is 4pm, you can get a new FP at 11:30am even though you haven't used the RSR one yet.

5. For FastPasses given in person, is there a general booth you go to for FastPasses or do you have to go to specific spots for different rides?
If you don't get Max Pass then you have to pull FP in person. In that case, there are kiosks for the individual rides, not a central location. For the most part the kiosks are right near the entrance for the ride and are fairly easy to find. The one exception to that is Radiator Springs Racers, which has the kiosks out on the main walkway near Bugs Land, not in Cars Land.

I think your confusion may be coming from the differences between Disney World and Disneyland. Being able to book FP 30/60 days in advance is a Disney World thing. I'm assuming you're going to visit Disneyland, since that's the forum you posted in. At Disneyland, no one can book FP days in advance, whether they're staying at the hotels or not. MaxPass allows you to book FP through the app, but you still have to do it day-of after entering one of the parks.

Generally yes, that's the idea. However, if you get a FP that has a return time for way later in the day, they don't make you wait all day for your next FP - only 2 hours (if you don't have Max Pass) or 90 minutes (if you do have Max Pass). So for example if you have Max Pass and at 10am you get a FP for RSR and the return time is 4pm, you can get a new FP at 11:30am even though you haven't used the RSR one yet.

If you don't get Max Pass then you have to pull FP in person. In that case, there are kiosks for the individual rides, not a central location. For the most part the kiosks are right near the entrance for the ride and are fairly easy to find. The one exception to that is Radiator Springs Racers, which has the kiosks out on the main walkway near Bugs Land, not in Cars Land.

Thank you! I really appreciate your response. I think the distinction you mentioned is exactly where my confusion came from. Your answers cleared up so many of my questions and concerns.

The actual time your next window opens will depend on when you got the previous FP. Using the example of 10am.
-if you get a FP that is good in the next 30 minutes (so, say 10:20), you can get another FP either after 30 minutes (so at 10:30), or when you scan in at the Fastpass location (so, arrive at 10:20, scan your ticket, then if you have MaxPass, you can immediately try to book another Fastpass).
-if you get a FP that is good for 30-90 minutes, you can get a new FP when that window opens. So if you get a 10:45 FP, you can get another FP at 10:45 regardless of whether you have used the first FP or not.
-if you get a FP that is good after 90 minutes, then you can get another FP in 90 minutes.

One thing, you cannot hold multiple FPs for the same ride at the same time. So if you get a Racers Fastpass that is not good until 2 hrs later, you have to wait until you use it to be able to book a 2nd Racers Fastpass, if they are still available.

If you have MaxPass, then you can start booking FPs once you enter your first park. So even if you leave to wander around Downtown Disney or go back to hotel, you can continue to book FPs from your phone.

The actual time your next window opens will depend on when you got the previous FP. Using the example of 10am.
-if you get a FP that is good in the next 30 minutes (so, say 10:20), you can get another FP either after 30 minutes (so at 10:30), or when you scan in at the Fastpass location (so, arrive at 10:20, scan your ticket, then if you have MaxPass, you can immediately try to book another Fastpass).
-if you get a FP that is good for 30-90 minutes, you can get a new FP when that window opens. So if you get a 10:45 FP, you can get another FP at 10:45 regardless of whether you have used the first FP or not.
-if you get a FP that is good after 90 minutes, then you can get another FP in 90 minutes.

One thing, you cannot hold multiple FPs for the same ride at the same time. So if you get a Racers Fastpass that is not good until 2 hrs later, you have to wait until you use it to be able to book a 2nd Racers Fastpass, if they are still available.

If you have MaxPass, then you can start booking FPs once you enter your first park. So even if you leave to wander around Downtown Disney or go back to hotel, you can continue to book FPs from your phone.

Ah, I see. That’s very helpful. Thanks a bunch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!