Fidelity Resale Problems

Pooh's-Honey-Pot

DVC owner since 2020 - VGF, BLT and SSR
Hi,

We made an offer for a DVC resale to Fidelity Resale and paid a $2000 deposit. Disney exercised their ROFR and so we are waiting for the deposit to be refunded. Despite emailing Fidelity three times to ask how long the deposit will take to be refunded we haven’t had an answer from them, which is worrying me. Has anyone been in this position who can tell me roughly how long it took to get your money back, and whether Fidelity’s after service care is always this bad?!

Once I got my check back in the mail from the title company before Fidelity told me my contract was taken in ROFR. I had to email Fidelity to confirm when I got the check back. But like CaliAdventurer said, you'll have to contact the title company to see where your check is.

Hi,

We made an offer for a DVC resale to Fidelity Resale and paid a $2000 deposit. Disney exercised their ROFR and so we are waiting for the deposit to be refunded. Despite emailing Fidelity three times to ask how long the deposit will take to be refunded we haven’t had an answer from them, which is worrying me. Has anyone been in this position who can tell me roughly how long it took to get your money back, and whether Fidelity’s after service care is always this bad?!
Also, Fidelity's service I would describe as- you get what you pay for. I've found them to be adequate but the title company to be woefully negligent. Contracts took anywhere from 4-9 mos to close. No urgency, no contact, missing pages... Fidelity only handles the contract and that's it- like a realtor. If I were to ever work with them again, and I would because their prices cannot be beat, I'd ask for another title company.

Also, Fidelity's service I would describe as- you get what you pay for. I've found them to be adequate but the title company to be woefully negligent. Contracts took anywhere from 4-9 mos to close. No urgency, no contact, missing pages... Fidelity only handles the contract and that's it- like a realtor. If I were to ever work with them again, and I would because their prices cannot be beat, I'd ask for another title company.

I asked for Jeffrey Sweet when I bought from Fidelity and the closing was very smooth. I second requesting a different title company.

Hope you got it back!

Ours was with Fidelity, and was a weird one.

We passed ROFR, then First American did the checks and it turned out that the seller transferred it to their daughter. Looks like they'd did it as a 'gift' - Took a bit of hassling First American to get the money back.

Fidelity played dumb on the use of another Title Company. I'd prefer to look at other sites first now, which we have done with the two in process!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!