Final Curtain Call For Paige Turner

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
And 3 other Citizens Of Hollywood.

Very sad news indeed.

https://wdwnt.com/2018/09/several-l...nated-in-upcoming-streetmosphere-budget-cuts/

In preparation to achieve fiscal 2019 cost reduction targets, Disney’s Hollywood Studios is cutting several members of the Citizens of Hollywood Streetmosphere team.

Leaving by the end of the month will be the Dorma Nesmond, Paige Turner, Dara Vamp, and Officer Prime Brody characters. Several of these actors have been in these roles for many years and are among the most senior entertainers in all of Walt Disney World.

It is unknown if any of them will be recast or replaced with new characters.

Just saw Captain Jacks Tutorial is ending as well.

And Groot and Starlord
And Rafikis Planet Watch is going Seasonal
And move it shake it

Though I’m 90% sure Starlord is being replaced for Ralph as that spot was always supposed to be in flux (hence Starlord himself replacing the highly popular Moana)

Would love to see Captain Jack be replaced by a Redd walk around/meet like Disneyland has but not holding my breath

And move it shake it

Though I’m 90% sure Starlord is being replaced for Ralph as that spot was always supposed to be in flux (hence Starlord himself replacing the highly popular Moana)

Would love to see Captain Jack be replaced by a Redd walk around/meet like Disneyland has but not holding my breath
Move it shake it ends in December and isn’t a budget cut it will be replaced in 2019.

This news saddens me tremendously. The streetmosphere was the only thing that kept me in the studios park for any length of time.
Does anyone have a pic of "Officer Prime Brody"? I haven't been in several months and can't place the name.

Man, a couple of these made me madder than they probably should, I think probably because on a couple trips last year we got really, really great memories with my then 7yo at the Groot/Starlord meet, the Pirate Tutorial, at Rafiki's Planet Watch (meeting Rafiki and getting badges for the Wilderness Explorer's book), and with a couple Citizens of Hollywood.

We've checked those boxes for him, but what about the next round of little kids? I don't mind when stuff gets replaced, but do we have any reasonable expectation these non-revenue generating type things are going to replaced by something similar.

It's a real shame and I doubt the cutbacks are necessary (unless it is to prop up someone's already obscene salary). Paige Turner is my favorite at The Studios, it won't be as much fun without her. As Stone Granite once introduced her, "a whole lot of crazy in a little package...". :)

paige_2289.jpg

Cow Patty Princess - as Paige explained, "Smell our dairy air, we're a real friendly bunch!"

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter