Finalizing plans, could use advice on planning

mjpisat

Earning My Ears
This is our first trip. We will arrive on Saturday Nov. 7 and leave on Sat Nov. 14. We have the dining plan and are staying at the Coronado. I'm looking at the park websites to get an idea of what rides/attractions want to visit, but I'm not making an official itinerary. Three kids 6 yrs old, 12 yrs old, 11 months old. Here is how the trip looks so far:

7th We're going to the Magic Kingdom. No dinner reservations.

8th Hollywood Studios. Mama Melrose.

9th Epcot. Trying to decide between Biergarten, Le Celier, and Restaurant Marakesh. Any suggestions?

10th Animal Kingdom. Looking at the Spirit of Aloha show at the Polynesian. Do you think it's worth two sit down credits?

11th am, daughter is going to bibbidy boutique. after noon will be lunch at Cinderella's table. That is two more sit down credits. no dinner reservations.

12th Leaving an open day and will let kids decide which park to go to. Dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe. Suggestions on this place or another good place on the dining plan that isn't in a park? (We don't have the park hopper option and would like to eat at a resort this night)

13th Another open day for the kids. Out of dining credits

The goal is to eat at the parks we visit so we don't have to drag the kids around. I'm only planning the sit down meals. Too hard to figure out quick service dining.

This is our first trip. We will arrive on Saturday Nov. 7 and leave on Sat Nov. 14. We have the dining plan and are staying at the Coronado. I'm looking at the park websites to get an idea of what rides/attractions want to visit, but I'm not making an official itinerary. Three kids 6 yrs old, 12 yrs old, 11 months old. Here is how the trip looks so far:

8th Hollywood Studios. Mama Melrose.

9th Epcot. Trying to decide between Biergarten, Le Celier, and Restaurant Marakesh. Any suggestions?

10th Animal Kingdom. Looking at the Spirit of Aloha show at the Polynesian. Do you think it's worth two sit down credits?

11th am, daughter is going to bibbidy boutique. after noon will be lunch at Cinderella's table. That is two more sit down credits. no dinner reservations.

12th Leaving an open day and will let kids decide which park to go to. Dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe. Suggestions on this place or another good place on the dining plan that isn't in a park? (We don't have the park hopper option and would like to eat at a resort this night)

The goal is to eat at the parks we visit so we don't have to drag the kids around. I'm only planning the sit down meals. Too hard to figure out quick service dining.

For Epcot, try for Le Cellier first, then Biergarten. You will love the food at Le Cellier and the fun at Biergarten. Never did the other one.

Try to eat at Ohana in the Polynesian. We loved it. A quick monorail ride from the Magic Kingdom. Also, the clam bake at the Cape May Cafe in the Beach Club. All you can eat clams and mussels, plus a great variety of other foods and great desserts in the buffet. You can walk there from Epcot.

Never did Spirit of Aloha but I would rather use the table service credits for two meals - i'm cheap. Chef Mickies at the Contemporary is great and so is Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I know you aren't planning quick serve dining but the Flame Tree Barbeque at Animal Kingdom is great - get the ribs, and the kids meals are huge. Seasons in the Land pavillion is good too. Avoid the Pepper Market at Coronado. Also, Cafe Rix is very crowded for breakfast, since everyone is avoiding the Pepper Market, so you may want to bring breakfast items to keep in your room. Other than that, Coronado is a great moderate, the pool is awesome.

Have fun planning! You better call tomorrow morning at 7 am sharp if you want Cinderellas and Le Cellier reservations - you are already in your 90 day window, and they go fast.

You picked an excellent time to go to WDW. We went during this time period last year and it was great!

For your Epcot day, I would recommend Biergarten. It's lots of good food and the band is so fun. A real family atmosphere. We've gone a couple of times and always enjoy it.

We love the Spirit of Aloha Show. We used dining credits and felt it was worth it. The show is a little cheesy but the dancing totally makes up for it and the food is very flavorful.

Love dining in the castle. Everyone should do it at least once :cloud9:

Whispering Canyon is another fun family atmosphere. I think you'll enjoy that one as well. We've only done it once but would definately go back!

Made all the reservations today. Here is how it looks

8th Hollywood Studios.
Mama Melrose 6:45

9th Epcot.
Biergarten 6:15

10th Animal Kingdom.
Spirit of Aloha Dinner show 8:00 pm

11th am, bibbidy boutique 11:00
Lunch at Cinderella's table 12:20
Dinner at Raglan Road 7:00

12th Leaving an open day and will let kids decide which park to go to.
Dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe 6:30

Last minute dining reservation question.... We're planning a visit to Hollywood Studios on Jun. 7.... so 27 days from now.... I booked our dining reservations 180 days in advance and booked our dinner reservation for Mama Melrose, because I had several people recommend it - however; now I'm reading all of these fantastic reviews for the Sci-Fi Restaurant.... Obviously, there are no reservations available - however; I'm wondering what the odds are of something opening up for us between now and then??!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter