Finally booked !!

twoeeyy

DIS Veteran
Well I finally gave up looking for the " BEST " deal and booked at the Royal Pacific for Oct. 11-17. This is our first time to IOA and our first time staying on Universal property. Thanks for all the info. I found on this board.

:wave2:

You will love RPR and the whole onsite experience!!

keep checking your rates even though you have booked your room. Rates change all the time. There are several people that booked their rooms but continued to check rates and eventually was able to get a cheaper rate. Just remember most of the time when you call they will not volunteer the cheaper rate. You must ask for them. APH Fan Entertainment AAA or any promo rates they are offering. if you are eligible for it ask for it. They changed my rates over the phone and i kept the same confirmation code. I saved a good chunk of money.

I did the same thing that Kimberlyfamilyfv did. I booked PBH (garden view) at the rack rate and ended up with a bay view room at more than $100 off per night with the APH rate. I just made the phone call and they changed the rate on my ressie with no problems.

Don't give up!

Thanks for the info. I am almost embaressed to say that I did not know that you can get your rates changed after booking. That is a good thing to know.
See I knew all the hundreds :) of hours I have spent on these boards was not a waste.
Thanks again for all the helpful info. I have received.

:Pinkbounc jen

If you dont mind me asking... what rate and room did you get. We are going to be there the same time (10/12 - 10/17 for us). I'm currently looking at HRH and can't decide between the ENT rate or the APH rate.

Just curious what you got, this may help in my decision making!

Thanks!

I paid just under 1,500.00 for 6 nights for three people with passes for 2 of us. with and upgrade to a waterview room ( which I actually don't care about , but I am getting it so oh well ). I still have to buy a pass for our daughter. I will buy the 5 days for the price of 2 on line.
I am almost embaressed to post what I payed because everyone will probally tell me that I am over paying :confused:

But now that I know I can try to get it cheaper I will. :cool1:

HA HA HA, I still don't know how we are going to get there. I am going to wait and see when Southwest releases Oct. schedule and see what airfare is otherwise we will drive down.

This trip is for our daughters 12 birthday ( oct. 12 )

:Pinkbounc

This is our first stay on Universal property so I am very excited. My opinon is it is only $$$. I can always get more if it ( someday :rolleyes: )

jen:hyper:

That's pretty to close to what I'm looking at as well.

I can either book HRH, gardenview with ENT rate & 4 3 day passes from AAA for $1334 or I can book same room with AP rate, 1 AP, and 3 3 day passes bought at the gate with the AP disc for $1414.

Trying to decide if the AP discounts you get on food and merchandise going to cover the extra $80 in cost for the AP rate.

We don't know how we are getting their either!!!!! We'll definately fly, but with who, and from where is a different story. We are centrally located between several airports in NY & CT, so now the hunt begins.

When we went to Disney in Feb we flew out of LaGuardia, and it was very smooth, so that's an option. I'd love to fly SouthEast as they fly out of Stewart with is 1/2 hour from us, but I'm not sure if they fly on Tuesdays.

Hey, if you're heading down from Boston, care to pick the 4 of us up??? We can make it a roadtrip!!! HA HA HA!!!

we usually drive when we go to florida, but in Jan. we went on a cruise and flew down and now my daughter decided that flying is shorter and funner :hyper:

I also was thinking about possibly buying the AP, still have not decided yet. Sometimes I think that I should just stop looking and figuring costs and call it a day !

But that is hard to do when you hear about everyones good deals, sometimes I think these boards are a curse :rolleyes:

I can't even remember what deal I actually booked with The agent on the phone was pricing out so many different plans I finally said' that ones sounds just as good as the others' so go ahead and put it on my Husbands charge :tongue: ( havn't told him yet ! )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter