Finally mailed a letter to DL president re. the Buzz scoring

I love to see threads like this in action: when someone comes along and decides to drag a thread to the Dark Side (okay, I don't love that), then other DISers band together to bring the thread back to focus on the positive -- that's the Disney spirit in action! Threads like this make me proud of these boards. :) Way to go, DISers!

Yes ma'am! Agree completely.

Got another nerdy question for you Rob. I've played this a few times, but not enough to notice what is the smallest increment in the scores. In other words is the smallest bump 100 points, 1000 points or some other number? I would assume that any time you hit something its got to be more that +1 in your score.
I think one way to know is the list of scores at the end. It looks like the last 2 digits are always 00. So that would indicate that the smallest increment in scores when you hit anything is 100 (or some higher multiple of that).

Here's where it gets really nerdy (and feel free to ignore me!). I suspect the counter has a fault when it tries to increment past the number 2,097,100. In binary (the way computers work) that number is
1 1111 1111 1111 1100 1100. It almost fills up the lower 21 bits completely. Adding decimal 100 to that binary counter pushes it past 21 bits and should increment the 22'nd bit so it would become:
10 0000 0000 0000 0011 0000. I am guessing there is a hardware fault in that counter bit and it never increments.

Now the interesting part is that if the 22nd bit does not increment, but the lower bits continue to add up correctly, then at that point your score is 11 0000 binary, or 48 decimal. And scoring additional points would continue to show that offset of "48". So it would look like 1048, 2548, 12048, and so on. have you noticed if it does that? If it does not do that, then it could be that the lower 2 score digits are just always displayed as zeros (after conversion of the binary count).

As an engineer I've always been fascinated by any of the technology used in Disney projects and try to figure out how I would have done it.

Got another nerdy question for you Rob. I've played this a few times, but not enough to notice what is the smallest increment in the scores. In other words is the smallest bump 100 points, 1000 points or some other number? I would assume that any time you hit something its got to be more that +1 in your score.
I think one way to know is the list of scores at the end. It looks like the last 2 digits are always 00. So that would indicate that the smallest increment in scores when you hit anything is 100 (or some higher multiple of that).

Here's where it gets really nerdy (and feel free to ignore me!). I suspect the counter has a fault when it tries to increment past the number 2,097,100. In binary (the way computers work) that number is
1 1111 1111 1111 1100 1100. It almost fills up the lower 21 bits completely. Adding decimal 100 to that binary counter pushes it past 21 bits and should increment the 22'nd bit so it would become:
10 0000 0000 0000 0011 0000. I am guessing there is a hardware fault in that counter bit and it never increments.

Now the interesting part is that if the 22nd bit does not increment, but the lower bits continue to add up correctly, then at that point your score is 11 0000 binary, or 48 decimal. And scoring additional points would continue to show that offset of "48". So it would look like 1048, 2548, 12048, and so on. have you noticed if it does that? If it does not do that, then it could be that the lower 2 score digits are just always displayed as zeros (after conversion of the binary count).

As an engineer I've always been fascinated by any of the technology used in Disney projects and try to figure out how I would have done it.

:flower1: :flower1: :flower1: o_O

Got another nerdy question for you Rob. I've played this a few times, but not enough to notice what is the smallest increment in the scores. In other words is the smallest bump 100 points, 1000 points or some other number?
Thanks for your input and thoughts! Circles are worth 100, which is the lowest point value throughout Buzz.

I've always felt that it was an intentional change to the code because it used to work. That is, there was no limit to scores. I recall seeing ones that were in the 3M range.

I don't recall that scores have ever displayed anything other than 00 for the last two digits. I exceed 2,096,900 twice last Sunday, at which point you start over from zero. Again, I don't recall seeing any scores that weren't multiples of 100. I'm going tomorrow and will be sure to watch for that.

I think the president of Disneyland has larger things to worry about. I suspect this letter will be met with a form response thanking you for sharing your experience at the park, along with a promise to look into this "issue." Really, though, how much of a problem is this? It's a game. You don't actually win anything for your efforts. In that regard, you aren't losing anything of tangible value.

I would save the letter writing for issues that deserve either praise or correction as a matter of improving the guest experience. This seems absurdly petty.

What the ? :magnify: Is this for real? Surely this is exactly as you say - a matter of improving a (very very loyal) guest’s experience?

Rob I sure hope you receive a reply and it is fixed!

My issues -

1) Where is the Wooden Leg Named Smith?

2) Why is there an ascending staircase that leads to the roof in Walts Apartment??

And what was so nice was to hear back from Robert Iger and Tony Baxter on issue #2....

and yes, it was nice to hear DL Guest Relations answer back on #1

all answers I found to be ok ---

SO,,,, YES - each issues is in the eye of the beholder and I applaud what this person is asking....:goodvibes

T.T.F.N.
&
CHeers Yall:drinking1

Was wondering did they fix the problem and what type of response did you get from executive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!