Finally returning to WDW in Oct 2010 and dragging the family with me!

Figment's Girl

DVC Gold
This is the first pre-trip report I’ve ever written so I might forget some details. But I figure since I paid off the trip today, I’d leave my report.

Cast of Characters (# of previous trips): Me (24), DH (5), DS12 (3) and DS5 (0, yep this will be his first time and he is so excited) will be leaving Indy on October 22nd to drive over night and arrive in WDW on the 23rd. Grandparents who are resident AP holders and huge Disney fans (They’ve been too many times to count and my DH says they are totally responsible for my Disney obsession, see my avatar <-) are meeting us there on the 24th.

We are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter for 6 nights with 5 day parkhoppers and the DDP. The Grandparents are camping at Ft. Wilderness in their motor home. Originally we were going to do 3 days at Ft. Wilderness tent camping and 3 days at AKL but money and other things changed our plans.

It’s hard to believe we will be there 11 weeks from today; I’ve been planning it since my last trip in 2007 (A quick 2.5 days over Fall Break with DS12, Little brother and DH stayed home). Originally we were going to go over Christmas Break because at the time we were getting the first week of January off for vacation but that fell through and since we refuse to go in the summer, we decided to do Fall Break.

This trip we will be celebrating DS5s birthday (From February) and his first time. He went to DL when he was 5 months old but that doesn’t really count. He loves every Disney movie he’s ever seen, but his favorites are Dumbo and Brother Bear. But the big thing to know with my DS5 is he loves animals. Actually Loves doesn’t even accurately describe his affection for them. He is a walking encyclopedia of information on animals. It’s not just Oh, an elephant, a snake, a monkey; it’s an African Elephant, a green tree boa, and a spider monkey. His absolute favorite animal in the whole wide world is the Hippo. He’s never been able to see one despite numerous trips to a few different zoos and when we asked him what he wanted out of this trip the most he said, “To see a Hippo.” So you see, while DH, DS12 and I like AK, this trip we will be experiencing it in a whole new way.

Despite what DH thinks, I’m trying not to plan every minute of our trip. The only plans I have are as follows:

Friday 10/22- First day of my vacation time! Taking the kids to school, come home and make sure I have everything out of the bedroom that I could possibly need to finish packing and loading up the car so that DH can go to bed (He’s a cop who works 3rd shift, which is 11p-7a) and sleep all day. I’ll pack the remaining few things, clean the house, take the dog to the other set of grandparents and then pick the kids up at 2:30 from school. Then its home for quick showers and misc and plan to be on the road by 5. Plan to stop at a rest stop at around 7 for a prepared dinner (I have been trying to save money wherever I can on this trip) and some leg stretching. Then the kids will get comfortable and fall asleep while watching a movie. (This is how we always travel so they are good at sleeping in the car.) I’ll go to sleep a little later and DH will drive all night.

Saturday 10/23- Stop for Breakfast, hopefully at a Bob Evans since we have a gift card, told you I was thrifty), then relieve DH of driving if I haven’t already. Make a few hours stop in Debary to visit Great Aunt and then onto Disney! Check in and then the DH will be doing a hotel scavenger hunt with the DSs to keep them busy while I set up their Magical Greetings boxes to make it look like they were delivered there. Once that’s done, it’s off to the pool while DH takes a short nap. We have ADRs for Raglan Road at DTD so we’ll take the boat there and spend the evening there.

Sunday 10/24- First Park, Animal Kingdom. Grandparents won’t be there yet so we’ll probably get FP for Everest while we hit the Safari and Rafiki’s. Meet up with Grandparents at some point in the day. We’ll be there until the park closes at 5 and then head over to AKL for our ADR at Boma for 6:30. I forgot to mention that since resort guests get free parking, we will be driving to each park most days. I love the Disney bus system but DH would rather drive and avoid waiting for the buses. After dinner it’s back to the hotel and probably a swim.

Monday 10/25- Epcot Grandma is our fast pass retriever and she already plans to get ones for Soarin while we ride Test Track. After we do those two, we’ll hit the rest of Future World with lunch probably at Sunshine Seasons and then head back to WS. Our DS12 loves it back there but we’ll still be doing the Kidcots. We have ADRs at Biergarten that night and we’ll be at Epcot to see Illuminations before we head back to the hotel and into the pool (anyone see a pattern in how we end our nights?)

Tuesday 10/26-Magic Kingdom Don’t have many plans for our day there except I want to be at rope drop so we can get on Dumbo first thing. If DS5 doesn’t ride it, it will break his heart. Then after we finish with Fantasyland, we avoid that area for the rest of the day.  MNSSHP is that night but we aren’t going. Instead we’ll take the boat over to the Wilderness Lodge for our ADR at Whispering Canyon and then probably over to Ft. Wilderness for the Water Pageant and then you guessed it, head back to the hotel and into the pool.

Wednesday 10/27-Disney’s Hollywood Studios (MGM) We’ll head to RnRC and ToT while Grandma gets FP for Toy Story Mania or we might just try and ride it then and get Fast Passes for it to go again later. Explore the rest of the park, it’s the one DS12 has spent the least amount of time in, and then take the boat to Restaurant Marrakesh for Dinner ADRs. Then the Grandparents, bless their hearts, will be taking the DSs with them for the night and giving hubby and I a night alone which we will probably spend in WS.

Thursday 10/28- Last Day in the Parks/Parkhopping  Will spend most of the day at AK or MK but will go to Epcot for lunch at the Coral Reef.

Friday 10/29- Leave sometime around 9 and drive up to Atlanta. Stay the evening there and do the tour of the Coke Factory. Spend the night and leave early the next day.

Saturday 10/30- Arrive home late evening
Sunday 10/31-Will sleep in so I can be rested to take the kids trick or treating. Thankfully I’m not due back to work until 11/3!

Well that’s it. Any tips or suggestions are welcomed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter