First BLT stay in a week!

AmyB2006

I'd rather be in Disney!
Hi,

I've looked at the BLT threads on room locations and such. This will be our first, and probably last BLT stay. Is there anything I shouldn't miss? Anything I absolutely must do, or not do, for that matter? I want to get the most out of this stay because it will probably be our one and only.

Is TOWL something we should really do? Is it appropriate for my kids? Ages 7 and almost 5.

Our grandchildren enjoyed the activities at BLT's community room, at least check it out. For watching fireworks, we do enjoy going to TTOTW. Our grandchildren are now tall enough to stand and see over the wall, you may have to lift the children up.

agree about the community hall (activity center) at BLT - it is one of my favorites.

also your kids might enjoy the campfire (think they still do it) - and the movie.

remember to walk to the MK - take the monorail to Epcot. would do DHS and AK on another trip.

what type of room are you staying in - some standard and lake views get a small view of the MK - so if you don't get luck and get a view in your room - then TOW - might work for you.

that wall is high - so unless you can hold your kids - don't expect them to get excited - they can only see the real high ones.

still remember the guards - would you believe there were 2 when TOWL first opened to make sure no one went over the wall..... they also did not allow parents to put their kids on that wall - it is dangerous. in a high wind the child go over the wall.

also test the wind - if the wind is coming right at BLT - forget it. It generally goes to the side and behind of the MK - but sometime it does come right at BLT. You can't see anything because of the smoke caused by the fireworks.

your kids should love the fountains (or whatever they are called) - the pool at BLT was designed for your kids age. So they should really enjoy it.

Thanks!! I can't wait. I don't think I've been this excited for a trip in a long time.

We're staying one night at BLT on New Years Day and are really excited. We have a lake view room and are really looking forward to the Top Of The World Lounge. Let us know what you think of your first stay there

remember to walk to the MK - take the monorail to Epcot. would do DHS and AK on another trip.

that wall is high - so unless you can hold your kids - don't expect them to get excited - they can only see the real high ones.

1- If it is cold or they kids can't see, go to any of the elevator lobby's (higher floors) watch fireworks from there, music is piped in. Music is also piped in on TV in rooms I believe for fireworks and Electric light water pagent,

2- You can also get table in TOWL restaurant, order drinks and apps/dessert.

Enjoy

Definitely fireworks if you've never been up there or eaten at California Grill and roasting marshmallows on the camp fire and take the monorail the whole way around.

These are some of our must dos
1. Roasting Marshmallows at sunset! We have fantastic pictures of our children.
2. Electric Water Parade, viewable from skywalk too.
3. Pool Hop between Contemp & BLT. Our children love to compare the slides.
4. Community Hall: one adult checks in while the other goes with our children to the hall.....there is so much to do...... from shuffle board to "Just Dance" with Community Center Cast Members (one gal, two were guys and 7 year old my daughter dancing to Katy Perry, lol.... It was just hilarious), they entertained our daughter for an hour of fun on a rainy night. Even this last visit my daughter and I each grabbed a paint brush and painted a ceramic lady bug jewelry box for about a 1/2 hour. It was ready the following day wrapped for travel and ready for us to take home. If your children are crafty the CC has so much to offer.
5. Walking to the Magic Kingdom... take the monorail home at night when you are exhausted from the parks.
6. We had a Magic Kingdom View last month but last years trip we didn't so we went to the TOWL (walls are high for children so we had ours stand on the benches in the back to see safely). another great view is any of the hotels upper elevator lobby areas especially if it is cold or raining.
7. Pool side entertainment for the children... keeps them entertained while we relaxed.
8. Watch a movie under the stars or pick up a free movie for your room at community hall.
9. If you have a Magic Kingdom View... there is a channel (ask the front desk) that plays theme park music along with the fireworks. Open the balcony door, turn up the vol..... and let the magic begin!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter