First California/Disneyland Trip June 2020

Ngwira

DIS Veteran
Hello,
Below is the current itinerary. It's me, DH, DD 13 and DD10. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I need suggestions for what to do in San Diego where we have four days. I am glad that we have more time in SD. Originally, I had planned to spend more time in San Francisco but after reading about the homeless problem, glad I found award space to SD. I think it's important to mention where we are staying so you can recommend things in proximity to our hotel.

Day One-Saturday: Fly to San Diego-stay at HI San Diego Downtown. We arrive at 10:00 am so plenty of time to do something. (what to do?)
Day Two- Sunday: Check in- Hotel Del Coronado/ ok to visit Balboa Park?
Day Three -Monday: Still staying at the Del- San Diego Zoo all day
Day Four-Tuesday: Last day at the Del- "suggestions on what to do"
Day Five-Wednesday: Amtrak to Anaheim. Hyatt House Anaheim- Disneyland park all day
Day Six Thursday: Downtown Disney and DCA
Day Seven-Friday: Flight to Las Vegas from LGB Staying at Delano on Strip
Day Eight-Saturday: Vegas Comic Con
Day Nine-Sunday: Vegas
Day Ten-Monday: Fly to San Francisco from Las Vegas/ Staying at Hyatt Embarcadero- Golden Gate Bridge and Fisherman's Wharf?
Day Eleven-Tuesday: Day trip to Yosemite using Extronamical Tours
Day Twelve Wednesday: Fly Home

It depends on what you like to do. Some people like to be active the whole time. Some just want to observe. Here's a few ideas.
Day One-Saturday: Fly to San Diego-stay at HI San Diego Downtown. We arrive at 10:00 am so plenty of time to do something. (what to do?)
The Midway museum is close by and many people visiting San Diego like to go there. You'd still have time to do other things, so maybe catch the sunset at the beach later. If you like historical stuff and Mexian food, going to Old Town would knock off a couple hours.
Day Two- Sunday: Check in- Hotel Del Coronado/ ok to visit Balboa Park?
Balboa Park has lots of walking trails and tons of museums. You may want to look online and figure out what you'd like to see to prioritize. It's a very spread out area. It's doubtful that you'd see it all in one visit, but many people don't want to see the whole thing.
Day Four-Tuesday: Last day at the Del- "suggestions on what to do"
Any interest in Legoland? If so, there's also a museum of making music near it and Legoland has a small aquarium that you can add on. If you like aquariums, you may want to go to the Stephen Birch aquarium in La Jolla. La Jolla has a lot of nice walking areas by the beach and you can see some nice wild sea lions and seals.
Day Ten-Monday: Fly to San Francisco from Las Vegas/ Staying at Hyatt Embarcadero- Golden Gate Bridge and Fisherman's Wharf?
You'll still have a lot of time leftover. Things you could easily add on: Lombard Street; the Cliffhouse restaurant (ruins on the beach by it); Golden Gate Park (not near the bridge); if you buy ticket ahead of time - tour Alcatraz Island. There are tours to Muir Woods which take about half a day.

How about day 4 Tuesday drive to La Jolla...the coves and wildlife viewing of the seals and sea lions at the coves is stunning. Kayaking and swimming if warm. Lots of walkable streets and restaurants. La Jolla is gorgeous and not too far. Side note....have you read the Trip Advisor reports for the Del...they are not good due to construction.

It depends on what you like to do. Some people like to be active the whole time. Some just want to observe. Here's a few ideas.
The Midway museum is close by and many people visiting San Diego like to go there. You'd still have time to do other things, so maybe catch the sunset at the beach later. If you like historical stuff and Mexian food, going to Old Town would knock off a couple hours.
Balboa Park has lots of walking trails and tons of museums. You may want to look online and figure out what you'd like to see to prioritize. It's a very spread out area. It's doubtful that you'd see it all in one visit, but many people don't want to see the whole thing.
Any interest in Legoland? If so, there's also a museum of making music near it and Legoland has a small aquarium that you can add on. If you like aquariums, you may want to go to the Stephen Birch aquarium in La Jolla. La Jolla has a lot of nice walking areas by the beach and you can see some nice wild sea lions and seals.
You'll still have a lot of time leftover. Things you could easily add on: Lombard Street; the Cliffhouse restaurant (ruins on the beach by it); Golden Gate Park (not near the bridge); if you buy ticket ahead of time - tour Alcatraz Island. There are tours to Muir Woods which take about half a day.
Thank you for your suggestions. I’ll look into it.

How about day 4 Tuesday drive to La Jolla...the coves and wildlife viewing of the seals and sea lions at the coves is stunning. Kayaking and swimming if warm. Lots of walkable streets and restaurants. La Jolla is gorgeous and not too far. Side note....have you read the Trip Advisor reports for the Del...they are not good due to construction.
Since I’m staying there for free..ie on points, I really don’t mind. We won’t have a car so unless we Uber, no La Jolla for us.

No suggestions for San Diego, but what are your plans for Vegas, other than Comic Con? We have family in Vegas and have visited with my underage niece and nephew, so might be able to suggest a few family-friendly things there.

No suggestions for San Diego, but what are your plans for Vegas, other than Comic Con? We have family in Vegas and have visited with my underage niece and nephew, so might be able to suggest a few family-friendly things there.
Grand Canyon.

Following up on this since it didn’t happen due to the pandemic. We are headed to San Francisco in three weeks to see Yosemite and then to Vegas to see Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts