First day after check in

sablebomb

Mouseketeer
We do not plan on doing any parks, etc. our first day after check in.
However, what can we do (say dinnertime and early evening)?

I am reading that with the Canadian park passes you need to go somewhere to have them validated.
And I thought I remember reading you can do this at Disney Springs?

Would it make sense to take care of this on night one and spend a few hours at Disney Springs?

Thanks!

yes you should definitely go to disney springs to get your tickets. I would do this first in case it is busy. they will give you a time to return, and send you a text when it is your turn at guest services. While you wait you can use this time to shop, eat etc. There is lots to see there, so you can easily waste a lot of time.

You can spend a lot more time than just dinner at the Springs. What is the make up of the gang going. There is lots of food options, shopping, bowling, lego building. Also little shows and plays going on. We were lucky one year to see a cheer competition. There have been musical guest. The only thing that I do find disappointing is the little rides, they dont fit in.
Just please do not get fooled with the poutine if you are so inclined. Save that for Canada, Quebec if you can.

Grab the boat and go check out Port Orleans and Port Orleans French Quarter (unless you're staying there).

We stay at Pop and if our flight in early enough in the day we walk across the bridge and go to Art of Animation. At 11:00, 2:00 and 5:00 they offer free character drawing classes in the little area next to the check-in paint cans. We start our trip with a drawing class followed by supper in their food court.

A nice way to start the trip and still allows us time to unpack and get to bed at a reasonable time as Day 1 of our park time always starts early!

Grab a bite at the Polite Pig at DS and get your tickets activated there. Definitely best to get that out of the way so you can get an early start at the parks the next day.

You can spend a lot more time than just dinner at the Springs. What is the make up of the gang going. There is lots of food options, shopping, bowling, lego building. Also little shows and plays going on. We were lucky one year to see a cheer competition. There have been musical guest. The only thing that I do find disappointing is the little rides, they dont fit in.
Just please do not get fooled with the poutine if you are so inclined. Save that for Canada, Quebec if you can.

Not 100% sure yet what time we will be arriving (have not yet booked plane tickets) but I suspect it will be at least late afternoon.
Was thinking we could go to Disney Springs, start the process of getting our tickets validated to start using the next day, and then grab supper and do a bit of shopping, etc. Looks like a pretty diverse place with TONS of stuff. Even if we need to go back another evening to do more, at least we will get started on night one!
And no worries about the poutine! I know you can't get real poutine anywhere but Canada (Quebec is best but you CAN get Quebec poutine in NS too!) :)

If you're looking for something really cool and different try this https://www.thevoid.com/locations/orlando It's the Star Wars virtual reality experience. I did this last week and it was awesome. You play in teams of 4, it costs about $35 each, and takes about an hour, although your "mission" is only about 20 minutes. It was like nothing I've ever done before!

We heading to Disney Springs to exchange vouchers and have "lunch" (dinner) at 4:30pm at Rainforest Cafe.

Then we will likely watch the Movies Under the Stars at the resort at 6pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter