First Disney trip is my therapy

MommyinHonduras

DIS Veteran
I just found this part of the board and want to share. 2015 sucked. I was finally diagnosed with extreme adrenal fatigue in late October. I was having a rough spring, barely able to get out of bed when we found out in June we were pregnant. I was so shocked and overcome. I cried a lot and fought all the emotions highs and lows. I finally was getting excited at around week 8, went for a sonogram and they found two sacs! But they could not see any heartbeats so went back two weeks later, still no heartbeats. I decided to wait and miscarry on my body's time. At exactly 12 weeks I did but due to complications I lost too much blood and had an emergency D&C and blood transfusion, almost did not make it. That was the night of July 26th, dealing with all the emotions and the complete inability to function I decided to set my hope on Disney fall 2016 and made a commitment to arrive and get well. I have been making lots of changes and resting but am getting stronger. One day as a time. I also just booked for Sept 12th to take my husband, four kids and grandparents to WDW. It is still sometimes the thing that gets me moving. I have wanted to take my family since I was taken as a child 24 years ago.

I am sorry for your losses. You have had a very rough year indeed. I am glad you made it through.
You have the right idea, what day at a time. It is always good to have something to look forward to, time goes so quickly, Sept will be here before you know it. That sounds like an awesome trip, and great memories will be made!!!!!!!

I am so sorry! I've struggled with miscarriages myself, and I know how completely devastated it can leave you. I also can't imagine dealing with that and everything else at the same time - adrenal fatigue is really rough. I hope that planning this trip will help you to feel better and give you something to look forward to. I know for me planning Disney trips always makes me feel better. Are you doing a pre-trip report or anything? Do you want to share plans and talk about it? I'd love to follow along on your posts!

:( for your tough year. Mine was tough too :(

I hope having Disney lined up gives you something to look forward to. Hang in there.

Are you doing a pre-trip report or anything? Do you want to share plans and talk about it? I'd love to follow along on your posts!

I plan to as soon as they release park hours and events for Sept and I can pick which park for which days. Celebrating two kids birthdays plus mine on this trip so definitely fun to plan and look forward too! I would love to hear about your plans.

First trips are always magical so you and family enjoy to the hax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter