First International Trip

So got the go ahead to spend more than 10 days away, considered we will be traveling some days. However we have started looking at the Amalfi Coast Italy ABD. Apparently we want to do Italy for sure but now are looking at Viva Italia or Amalfi.
We had the same dilemma, but decided on Viva Italia for 2 reasons:
1) A first trip to Italy that doesn't include Rome (and to a lessor extent, Venice) just didn't seem right.
2) The itinerary of the Amalfi tour is much easier to do on your own.

We arrived 3 days early & did a big percentage of the Amalfi stuff by ourselves (but admittedly in a different way).
Rome is where ABD's priority tours of the big sites really saves you a lot of time and headaches

Wife has done her own research and is now asking me about the Greece ABD. Talk about an audible :rolleyes1.

Anybody have any thoughts on the Greece ABD as a first time Europe trip?

Wife has done her own research and is now asking me about the Greece ABD. Talk about an audible :rolleyes1.

Anybody have any thoughts on the Greece ABD as a first time Europe trip?
Yes!! It's a *fabulous* trip! Greece is one of my favorite ABD's. You really cover a lot of great places and fascinating sites, the food is wonderful, the hotels (especially the second half of the trip) are *wonderful*! It's quite a spectacular itinerary, and I *highly* recommend it! If you stay an extra day or two at the Elounda Resort in Crete at the end, the spa there is wonderful, and the resort itself is spectacular, with gorgeous views of the Aegean Sea.

Sayhello

Yes!! It's a *fabulous* trip! Greece is one of my favorite ABD's. You really cover a lot of great places and fascinating sites, the food is wonderful, the hotels (especially the second half of the trip) are *wonderful*! It's quite a spectacular itinerary, and I *highly* recommend it! If you stay an extra day or two at the Elounda Resort in Crete at the end, the spa there is wonderful, and the resort itself is spectacular, with gorgeous views of the Aegean Sea.

Sayhello

Your opinion carries quiet a bit of weight considering you have been on so many, and that is a lot of praise for the Greece trip. Time to read some trip reports. Thank you!

We're doing Greece this summer (by Clipper ship)!

Now that we've traveled a lot, I'm still convinced that Italy is the perfect first trip to Europe (and especially with ABD!)
If you can swing it, a short layover in another country is a great add-on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter