First solo trip to Orlando.

Seanyadams

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone I'm Sean I'm 26 I've booked Orlando for 2 weeks In November I'm staying in the Clarion Inn, My mate bailed on me so I thought I'd take my girlfriend but now we've broken up lol, I'm really nervous about going on my own never been on holiday on my own I've got car hire so I can explore, It's just the thought of going to the parks on my own but I think I'll be alright because I can do some vlogging while I'm there, It's just the driving part I'm most scared about I've been to the clarion inn before so Hooters is around the corner :worship: can anyone give me advice about going on my own

Many Thanks Sean

Hello everyone I'm Sean I'm 26 I've booked Orlando for 2 weeks In November I'm staying in the Clarion Inn, My mate bailed on me so I thought I'd take my girlfriend but now we've broken up lol, I'm really nervous about going on my own never been on holiday on my own I've got car hire so I can explore, It's just the thought of going to the parks on my own but I think I'll be alright because I can do some vlogging while I'm there, It's just the driving part I'm most scared about I've been to the clarion inn before so Hooters is around the corner :worship: can anyone give me advice about going on my own

Many Thanks Sean

All I am going to say is just enjoy yourself. The parks aren't really much of an issue for a solo traveler and you will have the freedom to do what you want. Keep in mind, depending on when you are visiting in November, MNSSHP, MVMCP, and the Epcot Food & Wine Festival all have dates in November. I get back from my solo trip at the end of September, and I would be happy to share my experiences then, if that would help. I am staying on property for most of the trip though, camping at Fort Wilderness.

Hi Sean! Welcome to the Solo Trippers Club!

One of the best things I can recommend is heading over to the Trips Reports forum and search "solo" and you'll find loads of reports about going to the parks alone.

One of the best things about solo trips is that you get to do what YOU want, when you want. I'm sure you're going to have loads of fun and please ask questions if you have any! They are a friendly bunch around here :D

Welcome to the Dis!

Have you considered staying at an onsite resort? If driving is a concern, you can just relax and let the Disney Transportation take you around. I know it's probably more expensive than the Clarion, but when you factor in the car and parking fees ($20 per day) you might find that it's not that much more if you do a value.

Otherwise, don't worry about being there alone. I've done it many times. It's great. I usually don't stay as long for solo trips, but I gather from your vernacular you are coming from out of the country. So enjoy and have fun, and make sure to factor in some time to relax too.

Welcome to the Dis!

Have you considered staying at an onsite resort? If driving is a concern, you can just relax and let the Disney Transportation take you around. I know it's probably more expensive than the Clarion, but when you factor in the car and parking fees ($20 per day) you might find that it's not that much more if you do a value.

Otherwise, don't worry about being there alone. I've done it many times. It's great. I usually don't stay as long for solo trips, but I gather from your vernacular you are coming from out of the country. So enjoy and have fun, and make sure to factor in some time to relax too.

And the bus ride to the parks wouldn't be bad in November, or there is free parking for onsite guests. Either way, you may come out ahead.

Going for the first time solo in Sept and while it has been on my bucket list, I am a little anxious about it too. A friend also bailed on me and I decided to go anyway. I have been reading trip reports and watching Vlogs and I do feel better. I'll keep you posted.

Going for the first time solo in Sept and while it has been on my bucket list, I am a little anxious about it too. A friend also bailed on me and I decided to go anyway. I have been reading trip reports and watching Vlogs and I do feel better. I'll keep you posted.

Nothing to worry about. People are friendly at the parks. I did a solo trip down in early May, impromptu day at one of the water parks, and never had a problem. Doing a second solo trip the last week of September, for the Halloween Party and Food & Wine Festival.

Some of the best trips I've had have been solo trips. You can get up when you want, eat, drink, swim, shop - all when you want. I've done both onsite and offsite and if your budget can handle onsite, I do recommend that for the driving concern. BUT I have also driven the area loads of times and it's not too bad. Once you get on Disney property it's really pretty easy because of all the signage. It would also help do use your phone's GPS or at the least get some google maps printed prior to arriving.

The hotel may have shuttles going to Universal, Seaworld and Disney. You could also see what the uber/lyft would cost to go from the hotel to the parks. Then use the Disney transport system. You would have to pay parking if you drove yourself, that's 20 bucks so if uber is close in price you could do that instead

The hotel may have shuttles going to Universal, Seaworld and Disney. You could also see what the uber/lyft would cost to go from the hotel to the parks. Then use the Disney transport system. You would have to pay parking if you drove yourself, that's 20 bucks so if uber is close in price you could do that instead

Uber runs about $10 each way for nearby hotels, and even up as far as SeaWorld. I used it to get around in May when I was there.

Holiday, car hire, and mates - suggests you might not be from the US?? UK or ??? Would driving for you be on the "normal" side of the road for you - or the opposite?

I can't speak to how easy or hard it is to adjust to driving on the opposite side of the road - but I can say that driving in Florida isn't bad. It's not that congested in this area and signage is pretty good.

However - driving in strange places is the one thing I get nervous as a solo traveler. I'm getting better with experience - but its still my one hang up, too. Countryside, suburbia, and interstates are fine - but the heart of big cities I find tough to navigate alone. From the Orlando airport to the greater WDW area is primarily interstate driving - and then like the shopping areas outside of the city. WDW on property is easy to navigate (though I do recommend asking for a driving map - it's nice to have that in the car!)

If its the car that is making you nervous - look at the prices of a value resort vs. your current hotel. You may not NEED a car. Alternatively - I do have a friend who uses Uber all the time in the area as she prefers to stay off property.

Are you planning to go to other places besides Disney? If not, you could stay onsite at a value resort, ditch the rental car and use the Magical Express to/from the airport and then Disney transportation. From you're user info, your from the U.K., is it the traffic or the other side of the road that concerns you the most?

Are you planning to go to other places besides Disney? If not, you could stay onsite at a value resort, ditch the rental car and use the Magical Express to/from the airport and then Disney transportation. From you're user info, your from the U.K., is it the traffic or the other side of the road that concerns you the most?

Even without a car, anything along International Drive and in the Disney area is pretty much an inexpensive Uber/Lyft fare. Heading to Downtown or the airports via Uber/Lyft can get pricey though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!