First solo trip!

Hi,

Im going Nov 2- 7th, I will be running in the Wine and Dine race with RunDisney. I am so nervous but excited as well. I would be down for some meet ups and karaoke. I will be staying at the Boardwalk Villas and wanted to experience jellyrolls as well. I originally had a friend going with me but they backed out.

Hi,

Im going Nov 2- 7th, I will be running in the Wine and Dine race with RunDisney. I am so nervous but excited as well. I would be down for some meet ups and karaoke. I will be staying at the Boardwalk Villas and wanted to experience jellyrolls as well. I originally had a friend going with me but they backed out.
Hi @bellaally, you would be welcome to join me and my small group of Dis'ers meeting up for karaoke on Nov. 5 and Jellyrolls on Nov. 7, but I understand you probably won't be there long enough for the Nov. 7 evening get-together.

I also invited the OP.

Hi @bellaally, you would be welcome to join me and my small group of Dis'ers meeting up for karaoke on Nov. 5 and Jellyrolls on Nov. 7, but I understand you probably won't be there long enough for the Nov. 7 evening get-together.

I also invited the OP.
That would be wonderful I would love too, I might extend my stay since a huge chunk will be racing and I don’t have classes that week.

I won't be down there in November but I did my first solo trip in February and loved every moment!! Things I learned- the only times I really felt "alone" was at sit down restaurants (I stayed busy on my phone so that helped) and when I would be on a ride and say "1" when asked how many in my party. Other than that- everyone was fantastic. People are willing to take pictures for you meeting characters, in front of the castle, etc. I loved the freedom of riding what I wanted, going to whatever park I wanted and eating whatever I wanted. I'm doing another solo trip in October. You are going to have so much fun!!! Enjoy!!!

Looking at a solo trip in late October or early November. Would enjoy tagging along with some of you if the dares align.

I traveled solo a number of times to WDW...loved every one of them. I have another solo planned for February, but I'll be down there in December with my mom. Going solo has many advantages. Like so many said you can do whatever you want and when you want. It's easier to get on most attractions because sometimes they are looking for one person to fill in a spot. Plus some attractions have single rider lines...which is good to know so you don't have to use a fastpass for that attraction. As for dinning, I've done solo table service and some that I would recommend as a solo would be the Coral Reef because you could look at the aquarium while you're eating, Chef de France (ask for a seat by the window so you could people watch, plus food is good), and Via Napoli (great atmosphere, very friendly CM, great food). Other things to do as a solo traveler to WDW...go to Disney Springs at night and eat at D-luxe Burger (grab a seat outside and enjoy the atmosphere), go on a Thurs., Fri., Sat., Sun. evening and listen to the live music that is playing around Disney Springs (one guy that is awesome is Bryan Malpass). Another suggestion would be to use the monorail to resort hop and check out the Contemporary, Poly, and Grand Floridian. I did this a couple of time and ate at Capt. Hooks (Poly) and it was so much fun to check these resorts out.

If you have any questions about traveling solo to WDW that you could think of just let me know. You will have an amazing time...enjoy!

I traveled solo a number of times to WDW...loved every one of them. I have another solo planned for February, but I'll be down there in December with my mom. Going solo has many advantages. Like so many said you can do whatever you want and when you want. It's easier to get on most attractions because sometimes they are looking for one person to fill in a spot. Plus some attractions have single rider lines...which is good to know so you don't have to use a fastpass for that attraction. As for dinning, I've done solo table service and some that I would recommend as a solo would be the Coral Reef because you could look at the aquarium while you're eating, Chef de France (ask for a seat by the window so you could people watch, plus food is good), and Via Napoli (great atmosphere, very friendly CM, great food). Other things to do as a solo traveler to WDW...go to Disney Springs at night and eat at D-luxe Burger (grab a seat outside and enjoy the atmosphere), go on a Thurs., Fri., Sat., Sun. evening and listen to the live music that is playing around Disney Springs (one guy that is awesome is Bryan Malpass). Another suggestion would be to use the monorail to resort hop and check out the Contemporary, Poly, and Grand Floridian. I did this a couple of time and ate at Capt. Hooks (Poly) and it was so much fun to check these resorts out.

If you have any questions about traveling solo to WDW that you could think of just let me know. You will have an amazing time...enjoy!

Single rider line is basically the equivalent of a Fastpass, but you don't have to use up one of your three. Win-win.

Yeah. Flights of Passage could use one especially. Expedition Everest, Test Track, and Space Mountain just isn't enough. Maybe some of the upcoming rides will have them.

There's no single rider line at Space Mountain. There are only 3 total, EE, TT, and Rock'n'Roller Coaster at DHS. :)

I travel solo most of the time, either to WDW or somewhere else. I would suggest if you aren't used to eating out by yourself you do it at home at a few places that you are familiar with first. I go solo during F&W every year and love it. I wander around the booths, I go to a few of little seminars at the Festival Center, I have one of the food and wine pairing meals. The good thing about going during F&W is I get all my food from there with the exception of breakfast, which is normally a muffin in a park. Trust me, no one even knows you are solo, I can't tell you how many times I've ridden a ride solo even when I've been there with my son. Enjoy your me time and don't feel like you need to meet up with folks while you are there. It really is nice to be able to do what you want when you want.

Understandable - they're both dark enclosed roller coasters. ;)

And you'd think MK would have one as well. Maybe the Tron ride will be theirs when it opens. At least that does help me plan my Hollywood Studios day a little better. Shame the Great Movie Ride closed. I am finding it hard to fill a day there and 4 park tickets don't allow park hopping.

And you'd think MK would have one as well. Maybe the Tron ride will be theirs when it opens. At least that does help me plan my Hollywood Studios day a little better. Shame the Great Movie Ride closed. I am finding it hard to fill a day there and 4 park tickets don't allow park hopping.

Yeah, DHS is always a half day park for me, but I have an AP so I can theoretically hop if I wanted to. It is nice to try to get multiple rides on RNR, ToT, Star Tours, and TSMM though. I never was a big fan of the Great Movie Ride, but I am sad that I didn't get one last ride. I managed one last ride on Ellen's Energy Adventure when I was there in April, but I didn't realize GMR was going to close. :)

Yeah, DHS is always a half day park for me, but I have an AP so I can theoretically hop if I wanted to. It is nice to try to get multiple rides on RNR, ToT, Star Tours, and TSMM though. I never was a big fan of the Great Movie Ride, but I am sad that I didn't get one last ride. I managed one last ride on Ellen's Energy Adventure when I was there in April, but I didn't realize GMR was going to close. :)

Next month will be my first time in the main parks, but have been planning on going for about a year or so now(though the dates shifted some), so I would have liked to have done the Great Movie Ride once, especially since I am a big fan of classic cinema(which, coincidentally, a distant cousin was a classic film star as well).

Next month will be my first time in the main parks, but have been planning on going for about a year or so now(though the dates shifted some), so I would have liked to have done the Great Movie Ride once, especially since I am a big fan of classic cinema(which, coincidentally, a distant cousin was a classic film star as well).

Oh yeah, that's a bummer then, not ever getting to experience it. It was a decent ride, and I loved the trailers they showed in the line. Could've done without the cheesy gangster/cowboy hijack subplot though.

I'll be there next month as well. Hope your first visit is fun! :)

Oh yeah, that's a bummer then, not ever getting to experience it. It was a decent ride, and I loved the trailers they showed in the line. Could've done without the cheesy gangster/cowboy hijack subplot though.

I'll be there next month as well. Hope your first visit is fun! :)

All I have done at Disney so far was Blizzard Beach, back in May. This trip is all about F&W and MNSSHP, with the parks in between. Still, I can get a lot done in the time I have.

All I have done at Disney so far was Blizzard Beach, back in May. This trip is all about F&W and MNSSHP, with the parks in between. Still, I can get a lot done in the time I have.

Both excellent choices to focus on. I love F&W even if I can't eat much from the booths. And MNSSHP is a lot of fun, the parade is awesome. :)

Both excellent choices to focus on. I love F&W even if I can't eat much from the booths. And MNSSHP is a lot of fun, the parade is awesome. :)

Helped with planning the dates, and seeing as I am not a Christmas fan, Halloween made sense. I am just trying to decide whether to add an extra Epcot day or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter