First time at Universal Hollywood

coaches24

DIS Veteran
We are DL vets but this year we want to try Universal studios for a couple of days. I have not been since I was a kid in the mid 80s so I basically know nothing about how it works. What are the musts for me to know with my family of 4 (Myself, Wife, MIL, and daughter 9). We found discounted tickets for the dates we are going (June) but what else do I need to look at, worry about, plan for?

It's an easy park to navigate and not a whole lot of planning needed. I prefer taking the Studio Tour towards the end of the day but many will suggest doing it early. Can't really say one is better than the other. The main ride in Harry Potter will get really busy and pretty much stay that way all day. If you can get in early do so. The Wizarding World can be a good 60 to 90 minutes of exploring and is really nice. Good food there, too. Don't miss the Butter Beer. Must see the WaterWorld Show and I, personally, get a kick out of the Special Effects Show. Since you have two days you should be able to see everything.

Yes, if you have two days you have nothing to worry about, you'll be able to see everything. Just check out the show schedules when you get there so you make sure to see what you want. Special Effects is my favorite too and my kids love WaterWorld and Animal Actors.

We went to universal for the first time i think April of last year or maybe the year before that. We went one day arrived at opening did Harry Potter area first then as rides were opening we went ahead and did those. I usually plan very well our DL trips but for this we just went with the flow and we pretty much did everything we wanted to do by 3 pm we did most rides and saw the a show. Two days i think is more than enough.

One day should be enough. Similar to mentioned above, we were able to do everything we wanted by 2pm. First time visiting in 10 years.

We went for the very first time 2 years ago and honestly we got there in the later morning and was done with everything we wanted to do by like 6. If you have 2 days that seems like more than enough time. I honestly couldn't really imagine doing more than a day there cuz there wasn't that much for us to do there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter