First Time Campers

Hey everyone! We’re looking into camping at The Fort in September of this year and it will be our first time camping there and our first time driving all the way from Michigan. Does anyone have any tips for us? Also we’re thinking of splitting the drive so does anyone have any recommendations for where to stay at night?
Thanks!

Oh, and photos- we like them :) We just moved our September trip out to June, so I'll live through your posts haha.

Horray! Have fun!!!
We also were not able to make it as long as we thought and ended up at 11PM trying to find a place to stay the night. Not fun. But we also have 4 kids so it was also not quiet, which may or may not have added to the need to be done driving.
Prepare campsites ahead, or be willing to overnight at a truck stop or Cracker Barrel. I have no recommendations for that location. Since you have until September, get a 5 hour away trip down so you can see how you feel !
I’m one of those who loves to overly prepare so I have stop points all the way down just in case! If needed were fine with a truck stop. We plan on going a summer trip up north here in Michigan so we will get some hours under our belt

The kids will add on hours of time just by themselves. I only have one. I cant imagine a whole troop. Me while were stopped for fuel " go to the bathroom while were here" , 8 yo " i dont have to go" as soon as we pull out of the rest area. " i have to go bad now turn back". And so on for the whole trip. Im not going to mention the lunch stops like lets eat at taco bell, and when i pull off the highway its a small place with 1 car head in only parking. No where close for me to stop, let alone park. Yea. Plan for longer then you think. If your wrong youll get there early!

The kids will add on hours of time just by themselves. I only have one. I cant imagine a whole troop. Me while were stopped for fuel " go to the bathroom while were here" , 8 yo " i dont have to go" as soon as we pull out of the rest area. " i have to go bad now turn back". And so on for the whole trip. Im not going to mention the lunch stops like lets eat at taco bell, and when i pull off the highway its a small place with 1 car head in only parking. No where close for me to stop, let alone park. Yea. Plan for longer then you think. If your wrong youll get there early!
Ah the beauty of having no kids yet!

YES! Plan on EVERY pee pit-stop to take 20-30 minutes. I don't know why it is that long, but it is. Maybe because I have 4?
The boys can pee anywhere though. (Although I really thought we were going to get arrested when my 2 year old had to pee on the side of the road in LA, and started to poop LOL)

YES! Plan on EVERY pee pit-stop to take 20-30 minutes. I don't know why it is that long, but it is. Maybe because I have 4?
The boys can pee anywhere though. (Although I really thought we were going to get arrested when my 2 year old had to pee on the side of the road in LA, and started to poop LOL)
That’s great! We won’t be stopping much since there’s no kids going

Well, we put our site requests in yesterday. It will be our first time in a camper and are really looking forward to it. We are coming in next Sunday and am building our stock of items to bring. Again, this is a camper that we don't own, but are having dropped onsite. I think we'll have our Dis Boards sign out front of our site. If you see us, come say hi!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter