First time in Animal Kingdom (one evening)

mirak

Mouseketeer
Quick thoughts on first visit to Animal Kingdom. I went after 5pm.

Park is much more built up and landscaped than I anticipated. Beautiful. The tree makes a really good centerpiece. I like how they incorporated animal exhibits into the amusement park.

Started with Dinosaur. Terrible ride. Lurch around in the dark, stop for animatronic dinosaur, lurch around in the dark some more....

Next, had a lot of fun on primeval whirl. Way more fun than I thought it'd be.

Had dinner at Tiffins. Would never do this again. WAY too expensive for the portion size and SLOW.

Did a nighttime safari. Our guide really gave it his all, but I lost count of the times he said "you can't see them, but there are a bunch of _____ over there." No line tho!

Kali River rapids at night was a blast. The mist and lights at evening made this one an amazing experience. Ride it theee times and never even had to leave the raft bc no line.

Over to Everest. That was exhilarating! I had never done it before, and at night it was obviously extremely dark so it made it even more exciting. Great coaster. I was expecting something tamer like splash mountain with a drop at the end.

Illuminations on the tree were cool.

River of light - meh.

Pandora was gorgeous. Needs a third ride. River Journey was pretty but short and slow and not worth waiting more than 30 minutes.

Flight of Passage cue was amazing and I almost didn't mind waiting 2 hours, but I would wait that long again now that I've ridden it. The ride itself was visually impressive but 3D glasses motion sims aren't really my thing. Give me the old school rides like Kali and Everest any day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter