First time planning - have a few questions! I need the wisdom of the experts!

ChristopherFamily

Earning My Ears
I should start by saying I haven't been to WDW since 2011!!! We are going to be staying at AOA the first week of December. Kids will be 1,7 & 9 then myself & husband. I'm trying to figure out a daily plan but cant find the park hours for past August. We are planning 4 full days at the park and then either a late night hours pass or a Merry Christmas party if available.

Will I be able to see the park hours prior to my 180 days so I can make reservations based on what park(s) we want to go to each day.

With Hollywood Studios I feel like the Star Wars area would be an all day thing? Is this correct?

Do I need to plan a full day for the Toy Story land?

I know I have a long time but I'm starting to get overwhelmed. LOL

I should start by saying I haven't been to WDW since 2011!!! We are going to be staying at AOA the first week of December. Kids will be 1,7 & 9 then myself & husband. I'm trying to figure out a daily plan but cant find the park hours for past August. We are planning 4 full days at the park and then either a late night hours pass or a Merry Christmas party if available.

Will I be able to see the park hours prior to my 180 days so I can make reservations based on what park(s) we want to go to each day.

With Hollywood Studios I feel like the Star Wars area would be an all day thing? Is this correct?

Do I need to plan a full day for the Toy Story land?

I know I have a long time but I'm starting to get overwhelmed. LOL
One day will be enough for Star Wars and Toy Story combined.
Park hours will be posted prior to your 180 days, but likely will be changed as time goes on.

These boards are a great place to start. Read through tips on using fast passes and dining plans. I would plan a whole day at Hollywood studios starting in Toy Story land and ending in Star Wars land. How much time in each area depends on what your crew wants to do. With all of your little ones, I would suggest planning on adding in a daily afternoon break to help recharge and ward off over exhausted parents/kids. I suggest having a plan each day, but be flexible when things don’t go as planned. You want to enjoy the trip, not be stressed out!

I’d do two days at MK, and one at the other parks. I still haven’t been able to do everything at MK with my littles.

Think about your kids best hours. Mine are early risers, but need to go to bed on time. That made EMM great for us. If you have late night kids, a party might’ve great at night.

Be sure to read on rider swap so you and your DH can both ride

We went the first week of December last year. It was surprisingly crowded to me. So be sure to have your FP plans and maybe get some character meals so you don’t have to wait in those lines. We loved the circus characters, though!

Have fun planning!!

I’d do two days at MK, and one at the other parks. I still haven’t been able to do everything at MK with my littles.

Think about your kids best hours. Mine are early risers, but need to go to bed on time. That made EMM great for us. If you have late night kids, a party might’ve great at night.

Be sure to read on rider swap so you and your DH can both ride

We went the first week of December last year. It was surprisingly crowded to me. So be sure to have your FP plans and maybe get some character meals so you don’t have to wait in those lines. We loved the circus characters, though!

Have fun planning!!

I would echo that working around the hours when your kids are the best is a great way to plan. If they're early risers, EMM is great. If they're night owls, After Hours and the Christmas party have yet to disappoint my family. I know the prices are steep but my wife and I always walk away from After Hours amazed at just how much we were able to ride and how much less stressful those few hours are compared to a normal day in the parks. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts