First Trip to Paris Disneyland

msnewfie

Earning My Ears
I'm starting to plan my first trip to Paris from Canada.

I have been to Disney World several times and since I'm going to be in Paris, I really want to visit Disneyland in Paris.

This will be an adult only trip.

So my questions are :

1) How many days should I plan to see Disneyland Paris?

2) Should I commute from Paris or stay in a Disneyland hotel for those nights?

3) Should this be the beginning or the end of my trip?

4) Can any one recommend any must do restaurants etc?

Thanks All!

I have been to Disneyland Paris a couple times and I've traveled from Canada. We stayed in Paris because we were there for 2 weeks each time, we traveled by the train out to the Disneyland Paris area it took us about an hour and a half each way, we did it 4 days each trip. It is a lot of time spent going back and forth. If you are going just for Disney stay at a hotel on property for them. In the 4 days each time we've gone it is enough to see everything but not like really enjoy everything especially if there's any special events going on you'll lose time doing that special event instead of doing rides.

When in your trip you go really depends on like @olafLover said we don't know what your other plans are, like have you gone to Paris before; how long are you going to be there; what in Paris or around Pairs did you want to do; how busy do you want the time there to be?

Must do restaurants that we do every time we've gone is Walt's, Toad Hall and Lucky Nugget.

At least 3 or 4 days would be needed

I would stay in a Disneyland Hotel for EMH or a Good Neighbour hotel rather than commute but that's just personal as I wouldn't want an hours journey every time I wanted to go to the parks.

Restaurant wise I would recommend Chez Remy although service is very slow. Buffalo Bills Wild West show was good as well and includes food. Also Annette's Dinner in the Disney Village is good

I've only been once (although I'm due to go again next year).

I managed both parks in two days (i.e. one day each park). I also travelled each day from Paris by train.

However, for my next visit, I plan on staying on-site and for 3.5 days. It will be nice to take things a bit more slowly and to avoid the lengthy travel times at the start and end of each day.

1) Depends on when you go and what you want to see. I would look at the website or get a guidebook. If you want to skip most of Fantasyland and don't like thrill rides it'll be very different compared to wanting to see everything. Time of year does make a difference because the opening hours are so different. But on the assumption you want to do most things and that the parks will be open a fair amount of time, I think you can do both parks in 2 days, but I would take 3 so you can linger and enjoy the atmosphere. The main park is the best themed Disney park I've ever been to (been to WDW and Disneyland). Also, if you want to stay up late for the night time show (a must see in my view) then you may want a slightly later start the next day so more time will help.

2) Stay on site. You can get into the park early and ride certain attractions. The whole park isn't open - so without kids fantasyland may not be attractive to you (though you should see Peter Pan), but Buzz Light year and Hyperspace mountain are usually open, which are fun for adults. At the moment it is 8am-10am in the main park only, but from October that changes to 9am-10am in both parks so you may find more you like in the Studios at that time. I found the extra time very valuable and it was lovely seeing the castle without 10,000 people in front of it! I am not quite sure how the changes will work with traffic flow but if you get to the gates by 8.30/8.45 then you will be able to take advantage of that. It is also so convenient. I think a commute from Paris is quite long and by the time you get up early, navigate the commute and go back it'll be exhausting. On site you can pop back to your hotel for a rest and then go back to the parks. I assume being Canadian you won't be back all the time, so make the most of the few days you have!

3) No opinion on that!

4) To be honest, the food isn't great at DLP and there is not much variety. The Newport Bay Club hotel buffet was solid - good variety at least. You can get excellent pizza and pasta (and other Italian food) in Vapiano - this is in Disney village and is often overlooked given its location. Otherwise, I cannot really comment. I had young kids so we did what was quick and easy and didn't bother looking for higher end food (if it even exists).

2) There's a third option, book an hotel in Val d'Europe or Bussy Saint George. You would be out of the Disney bubble, but save a lot. If budget allows, a Disney hotel is a must do, otherwise book offsite. Commuting is not attractive if you plan more than one day.

3) I prefer to do it at the end, as being in Disney I find energy I didn't know I had. I did a very exausting trip in Japan, walking 25000+ steps per day every day, but yet once in TDR I was fresh as new :)

4)
Counter Service:
- Cowboy Cookout BBQ or Lucky Nudget Saloon (similar food, great ambience in both)
- Fuente del Oro
- Toad's Hall (fish and chips)

Table Service:
- Agraba Cafe
- Chez Remy
- Walt's
- the new Capt'Jack is beautiful as ambience but food has always been overpriced and bland, but it just reopened after a new refurbishment so it might have improved
- all hotel restaurants are decent

My husband and I just went for the first time back in May and had a wonderful time! We frequent WDW and Disneyland out in Cali.

1. When we went, it wasn't too busy and we were able to fit it all into 2 days. We got park hoppers and bounced around between the parks. If it'll be busier when you go, I'd say plan for at least 3 days.

2. We stayed at Newport Bay the 4 nights we were in France. We got a great deal on the UK website...about 50% less than the US site. We had no trouble getting to and from the city. With the deal we got, it was cheaper to stay there all 4 nights. I also hate changing hotels, so it was a win win.

3. I think you can't go wrong either way. We did our days in the park at the end because of the dates available for tours we wanted in the city. If you stay on site, park tickets are included with your reservation unless you call and book the rack room rate. So depending on your plans, you could do a little Disney each day.

4. Bistrot Chez Remy is really cute and we enjoyed our steaks. Pizzeria Bella Notte had pretty good pizza and pasta. We REALLY enjoyed the barbeque at the Cowboy Cookout Barbeque!

4. Bistrot Chez Remy is really cute and we enjoyed our steaks. Pizzeria Bella Notte had pretty good pizza and pasta. We REALLY enjoyed the barbeque at the Cowboy Cookout Barbeque!

NeedMoreDis, did you make advance dining reservations for the restaurants in #4? How much prior?

NeedMoreDis, did you make advance dining reservations for the restaurants in #4? How much prior?
Only Bistrot Chez Remy would need a reservation. We made them maybe a week or two in advance. The others are quick service.

I'm starting to plan my first trip to Paris from Canada.

I have been to Disney World several times and since I'm going to be in Paris, I really want to visit Disneyland in Paris.

This will be an adult only trip.

So my questions are :

Thanks All!
It is only a 45 min train ride from Paris to Disneyland, and you get off right at he entrance of the parks.

I will be going on 2 separate dates, one for each park, in April. Much more cost efficient, since I will be paying a Carte Navigo Decouverte which covers all trips for a week, and costs 27 Euros. The hotels are way too expensive and not worth it, IMO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!