First Week of November?

toolprincess

Earning My Ears
Hello! I posted here last fall when we were planning our March '06 trip and you all were tons of help! Thanks so much. Well, my girls (7 & 3 now) of course are in love with Disneyland and their parents had a pretty good time, too! We are planning a trip the first week of November.

When we scheduled our trip for the first week of March, the park hours were limited and it seemed like a pretty good time to go. Of course, all that fine print "park hours subject to change", etc. When we got there, the park was open until 11pm and it was just CRAZY BUSY! Several CMs told us the public complained and they extended the "spring break" season because more and more spring breaks are getting earlier and earlier. We were disappointed, because the lines were pretty long and it was pretty crowded, but we rolled with the punches and had a good time. We went 2 weeks before our spring break, and in the past we've always had one of the "early" ones. Holy bananas!

Anyway, the first week of November seems like it would be pretty slow?? After Halloween, before Thanksgiving and all the Christmas decorations. We just want to go at a time where we don't have to deal with as many people. Is this a good plan? Or any other suggested times? We did 5 days in the park last trip, which was good because of the crowds. We want to do 3 days this time, and want to go when it is truly "off-season". Any insight?

Thanks in advance,

Andrea in NM

I don't know what the crowds will be like, but we'll be there. Our trip is October 31-November 4th. I'm hoping it'll be low crowds, and mild weather, but if not, we'll roll with it! ;)

I saw on an attendance chart that this is one of the lowest attendance times.... the lowest is the beginning of December I believe. We will also be there around that time. Will be on our trip October 26-Nov 5 and will do DL for one day - maybe two if I can convince DH - during that time.
Deb

It looks like it should be slow, with the fiftieth over, and the time of year. Last year we went the 3rd week in Oct. thinking it would be slow, and it was very busy. Arizona schools had some sort of a break, plus the fiftieth brought big crowds. This year my oldest and I are going Nov. 4th to the 8th for a quick trip, so hopefully it will be slow. :Pinkbounc

Last year we went the week of Halloween. The week days were very slow but the weekends were busy because of the 50th. We walked onto rides most of the time. And when DL was busy on the weekend we went to DCA and there where much shorter lines. Plan to go to DL between Mon. and TH- it is always slower those days. Try to avoid the weekend of Veterans day as it is busy then. We have also been in Feb. which is also a great time to go. We prefered Oct./ Nov. because the weather is better- no rain! Just beware that there are rides down for holiday transformation. We missed IASW! Bummer cause it is beautiful with all the lights.

We will be there on Vets. day but I think after our WDW vets day experience we will try to go into Hollywood on that day. Good idea or shall we lock ourselves in the hotel room?

drgalyen said:
. Plan to go to DL between Mon. and TH- it is always slower those days.

i never go on a weekend...but i do start my days on sunday because I wont do summer and other times of the year fantasmic isnt playing except on weekends so I go sunday but its not really that bad...so yeah Mon-Thursdays are good times to go :thumbsup2

This is a great time to go...we have APs and we are there every year on Nov 9th for my dd's birthday, and it's wonderful. the air is crisp/but not really cold, there are some decorations up, lines are short.

Weekends are always busy with AP holders, but that's to be expected.

Have a great time!

I just looked on the Disneyland website to see if the Oct calendar was up and was surprised to see the hours at 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. in late September during the week. That seems like a late opening to me. May make it harder to get everything in in one day, but will definitely make it easier to be there for the drop! Can't wait. :sunny:

calena said:
I just looked on the Disneyland website to see if the Oct calendar was up and was surprised to see the hours at 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. in late September during the week. That seems like a late opening to me. May make it harder to get everything in in one day, but will definitely make it easier to be there for the drop! Can't wait. :sunny:

:rotfl: That's exactly what I've been thinking. We got in line at about 6:30 am for EE in June. A 9am EE may make us feel a little lazy! :rotfl:

We went around then last year, but as it got near Veteran's Day, it became really crowded. The first part of the week was very nice, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter