Fitting scooters in the newly remodeled POP Century rooms seems hard.

Bete

DIS Veteran
I'm not sure you can even fit one scooter let alone two scooters in these 2-bed rooms, now. Looked at some video and it doesn't seem easy if you need to use two beds, one bed is a wall pull down, now.

One bed is a pull down from the wall. It's attached with the table in the room. The table can't really be moved. It's permanent and part of the platform of the wall bed.

It might work if you get the scooter in first and then pull the wall bed down. But this means you are pulling the wall bed up and down each day to get one scooter in and out.

This just doesn't seem scooter friendly. Fitting two scooters seems impossible.

Does anyone have experience yet doing a scooter in these rooms? Would you please share your feelings and pictures would be really appreciated.

We stayed at All Stars Sports this past December and it was so easy to get two scooters in the room. We could even keep the table in the room, but had to move the chairs. These All Star rooms have full beds, not queens like the POP rooms.

One of the points of the combination table/her is to provide more space during the day.

The bed is apparently so easy to open that it can be done with one hand.

Option one: pull in one scooter with her up, park next to dresser where connecting door is/would be; open bed; park second scooter next to window.

Option two: stay at resorts where comfortable with room layout.

Option three: two rooms.

I'm sure as time goes by we will know more about how the two scooters will fit or not. It does look like you will need to put a scooter in first before pulling down the bed.

The idea here is that before the remodel you could fit two scooters; so, hopefully it works, now after the remodel. We will get reports soon about it. I'm even concerned about outlets available for two scooters.

All Stars is getting remodeled soon and I have an idea it will have that same pull down bed; so, there will be issues there trying to do two scooters. And again two scooters fit now, but it's looking hard to do it after the remodel.

Normally, the people using scooters have some issues and this pulling the bed up and down each day doesn't sound like fun even if it's easy for some.

Any other option causes a financial burden which isn't right, either. Until you walk in those shoes......

Last edited:
I'm sure as time goes by we will know more about how the two scooters will fit or not. It does look like you will need to put a scooter in first before pulling down the bed.

The idea here is that before the remodel you could fit two scooters; so, hopefully it works, now after the remodel. We will get reports soon about it. I'm even concerned about outlets available for two scooters.

All Stars is getting remodeled soon and I have an idea it will have that same pull down bed; so, there will be issues there trying to do two scooters. And again two scooters fit now, but it's looking hard to do it after the remodel.

Normally, the people using scooters have some issues and this pulling the bed up and down each day doesn't sound like fun even if it's easy for some.

Any other option causes a financial burden which isn't right, either. Until you walk in those shoes......
There will be more outlets I counted 9 different ones and there might have been another one and this was not counting the bathroom one

Will be staying in one of these rooms in February. We only have one scooter, but I sure hope it's not an issue. We have stayed in the old Pop rooms many times and no problems with driving the scooter right in.

That was how they handled the roll-in shower rooms with 2 beds at POFQ. They changed the doors to be flush with the walkways giving a bit more room inside.

Will be staying in one of these rooms in February. We only have one scooter, but I sure hope it's not an issue. We have stayed in the old Pop rooms many times and no problems with driving the scooter right in.

I think one scooter should be fine. Parking by the window looks to be the best spot. I would go parallel with the window. What I couldn't tell is if there's an outlet close by. Also, I would get the scooter in with the wall bed up; at least when you first go in.

Looking forward to hearing about your trip in this regard. Please report back here. Pictures with the scooter inside would be wonderful. Thank you in advance.

Looking forward to hearing about your trip in this regard. Please report back here. Pictures with the scooter inside would be wonderful. Thank you in advance.

I will absolutely take some photos with the scooter inside. We have two beds, one is a "table bed." Sounds interesting.

Somewhere on the Dis, someone posted pictures of having 3 scooters in their room. For the life of me, I can't find it though. Maybe I stepped into an alternate reality. o_O

Somewhere on the Dis, someone posted pictures of having 3 scooters in their room. For the life of me, I can't find it though. Maybe I stepped into an alternate reality. o_O

That may have been before the remodel.

I remember that post... so it happened... or maybe we both have stepped into an alternate reality

I recall that post too... found it: https://www.disboards.com/threads/three-ecvs-in-one-room.3602400/#post-57548131
That was at POP, though before the refurb so with just double beds. The queens take up more space, and I agree one probably needs the 2nd bed stowed to move about especially with 2 ECVs.

Interesting they are apparently bumping out the doorway on some rooms. No confirmation if those are accessible rooms, but likely since that's a modification they made to POR a few years ago and no longer offer King+Queen there, which has been rumored to be going away at POP as well.

However, many who use ECVs do not require an accessible room. Considering how relatively few of these rooms exist, I hope that is not the only solution for guests with 2 ECVs.

I somewhat remember the 3 scooters, too. I believe they had the table and chairs removed from the room to get them all in. And again, it was before the remodelled rooms.

Last edited:
My sister and I just returned from POP where we stayed in a roll in shower room with the 2beds. The wall was bumped out to make more space in the room. This however makes it extremely difficult to get a scooter in and out of the room, we were on the 3rd floor. Although 2 scooters fit into the room with the bed up (with a lot of maneuvering to make them fit) it takes excessive maneuvering to get them out. There was a lot of bumping into furniture, walls and door. There is not a lot of storage space (none in bathroom except sink), and none of our luggage fit under the beds. The murphy bed was not easy to pull down or push up. I could not do it by myself. There are plugs everywhere. The bathroom fan is automatic and only stays on with movement, so when you are in the actual shower the fan turns off. The floors were dirty.

I had the opportunity to speak with a manager looking person who was walking around the building one day. I asked about the bathroom fan. She said it was automatic for humidity. I told her that ours was not humidity but was movement. Then brought up accessibility concerns, and my not having the strength to move the bed. She said that some beds were more difficult to move than others.

Overall all we really disliked the new rooms. My nephew was staying in the resort with his own room, so my sister kept her scooter in his room. If we had not had that option it would have been even more frustrating than it already was. We are going again in the fall and were going to switch to an all star to get the old style room, but saw they will be starting to refurbish those rooms next month. I have not decided what we will do. They do not guarantee connecting rooms and I need someone to be nearby when I shower in case I fall. I am very disappointed.

Thanks Elaine for letting us know. I had strong suspicions this wasn't going to be easy.

Looking to hear from others about their experiences especially with two scooters and pictures of how the scooters fit. There may be a trick that someone discovers that may help here.

Just got back from having two rooms that were remodeled, one accessible and one not. I took some photos with my scooter in place. Two scooters would be easy, with the chairs removed or moved. Three would be possible in the accessible room. I didn't feel that it took any special maneuvering to get the scooter in the room and next to the window. Putting scooters against the wall (where you will see chairs in my photos) would be even easier, as it is straight in.

I'll post some photos here once I upload them.

Just got back from having two rooms that were remodeled, one accessible and one not. I took some photos with my scooter in place. Two scooters would be easy, with the chairs removed or moved. Three would be possible in the accessible room. I didn't feel that it took any special maneuvering to get the scooter in the room and next to the window. Putting scooters against the wall (where you will see chairs in my photos) would be even easier, as it is straight in.

I'll post some photos here once I upload them.

Glad to hear it's doable for two scooters. Looking forward to your photos. Thanks in advance.

My scooter by the window with the second queen bed up.

w28lrf3.jpg

And with the bed down -

gDgDlvU.jpg

Space left next to bed -

cGU59d0.jpg

Space where the chairs are, when the bed is down, could easily accommodate a second scooter. I feel like two could fit there if they were angled. A single scooter there would not stick out much more than the chairs do, if at all.

kB97ICR.jpg

The new cabinets -

nIDDoHh.jpg

The permanently positioned bed was softer than the table bed, but both were very comfortable. I do have some photos of the accessible bathroom if anyone is interested, I will post those as well.

It does seem fine to have two scooters. Thanks again for the pictures.

I believe there are some rooms were the doors is at an angle. In that case it does seem to look a little more awkward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!