• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FL resident room only rates not out on sched?

jeast

DIS Veteran
Since we plan on staying at FT wilderness cabins, we've worked out that it is cheaper to try for the fl resident room only rate than purchase the new dining plan. BUT...they usually come out the day after AP rates, which they didn't. Anyone have any info on whether or not they are coming out at all?

I'd hate to miss the dining package by waiting too long for the FL room-only rate.

Thanks!!

If you're going between Aug 28 and OCtober 4th there is now a general code for free dining you might look into.

That's what I mean. If there is not going to be room-only rates, it would be cheaper to book a package and get the dining free. However, with our habits, if we can get a FL resident room-only rate for the cabin, we will save a little money and have more flexibility.

If they are NOT coming out, I don't want to miss this new free dining package!

Anyone know if they are coming out?

jeast said:
That's what I mean. If there is not going to be room-only rates, it would be cheaper to book a package and get the dining free. However, with our habits, if we can get a FL resident room-only rate for the cabin, we will save a little money and have more flexibility.

If they are NOT coming out, I don't want to miss this new free dining package!

Anyone know if they are coming out?

How many days' tickets are you buying? I'm sitting here trying to crunch the numbers, and we're buying the FL resident - 3 days for the price of 2 ticket. Even paying rack rate for the room, we come out cheaper buying it all separately still. I had to figure out what we would actually spend in food - and that's with us doing 2 sit downs and the rest counter service.

I still think the FL resident rates will come out though.

Here's our breakdown if the FL rates come out:

4 nights at FW cabin: 750.00
3 day FL pass (2 adult, 1 child): 240.00
Probable food budget: 425.00 (3 ctr service, 3 sit down, 1Crystal palace and 2 Trails End), + snacks and groceries)
total:$1415.00 and this includes our groceries for various bkfst and lunches and one dinner at cabin. And this is probably over-budgeted.

Package w/dining: 1556.00 +breakfast groceries

so we save approx $150-200 and get more flexibility.

BUT...if the FL resident rates don't come out, we spend significantly more for the room and therefore the package w/free dining works out great!

CALL NOW!! There is a FL resident version of this package!!

Her original quote to me for the package for 3 nights with 3 days of tickets (moderate resort) for 2 adults and 2 children was $1109.

I mentioned that I was originally planning to use the Play 3 pass, and she asked me to hold - came back and told me the FL version of the package was $908.52.

We'll end up saving between $200 and $300!!

Im not sure either. My sunday paper had the ad for the whole fla resident thing for 3 nights for $85 per day per person- double occupancy for tickets, value resort and one dinner nightly and a lower rate for kids per day.It doesnt work for us since we already have yearly passes, usually do smaller trips during the year and at least twice a year I go by myself with the kids- so if this is their new idea it doesnt work for us... :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter